Best hydration pack for a small woman

kaian

Aug 22, 2004
I'm new to the hydration pack world. Which one would be best for a smaller woman for MTBing? I usually don't ride for more than 2 hours and usually take in small amounts of fluids throughout my ride (too much gives me cramps). What kind and what size may work best for me? Thanks!

kaian said:
I'm new to the hydration pack world. Which one would be best for a smaller woman for MTBing? I usually don't ride for more than 2 hours and usually take in small amounts of fluids throughout my ride (too much gives me cramps). What kind and what size may work best for me? Thanks!

How small is small? I've a friend who is 4' 10" and uses a Trek kids hydration pack, my wife is 5' 2'' and can wear most any pack. The Camelbak Lobo or Rouge are nice little packs with some room for tools, tubes or whatever. If you've the chance to check EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) they have some really nice hydration packs for women and they're really good products. I am surprised that if you don't drink much water that you would want to even carry a pack, why not just use a bottle or two?

I was using a 24 ounce bottle, but am tired of it popping out of my cage on bumpy sections! I've dropped the bottle 3 different times and had to stop, go back and look for it. The 4th time, I lost the bottle forever. So...it's hydration pack time!

I'm about 5'1" or so. I'm not super tiny, but I just want something that won't be in my way - that's all.

kaian said:
I was using a 24 ounce bottle, but am tired of it popping out of my cage on bumpy sections! I've dropped the bottle 3 different times and had to stop, go back and look for it. The 4th time, I lost the bottle forever. So...it's hydration pack time!

I'm about 5'1" or so. I'm not super tiny, but I just want something that won't be in my way - that's all.
I started off using the water bottles and got tired of trying to go down for them as well and the main danger of course is it is hard to negotiate single track with one hand on the bars and the other searching for your bottle. I was in wolly world one day and came across a very small hiking pack that was big enough to hold a 2 litre hydration pack and had just enough room to carry my multi tool, a spare tube, a c02inflator, my cell and car keys. It is absolutely perfect and I did not have to pay camelback prices. it cost my just under $30 and I have had it for 2 years and not a stitch is missing. I did upgrade to a camelback bladder but that is it. I have already raced with it and it did not slow me down at all. It has a waist strap, a chest strap and adjustable shoulder straps. All 3 can be adjusted to make it as snug or as loose as you want.