Best insulated water bottle

rclouviere

Apr 10, 2011
I’m having a hard time finding an insulated water bottle that doesn’t leak. After a ride, the contents drops down, even around the bottom bracket. Suggestions?

I’ve never had any trouble with a camel back insulated water bottle. They are the only insulated bike bottles worth a darn imho. They have foo I am insulation instead of foil like most.

Reactions: rclouviere
I’ve never had any trouble with a camel back insulated water bottle. They are the only insulated bike bottles worth a darn imho. They have foo I am insulation instead of foil like most.

I agree; the only negative is the mold buildup in the spout.

I've used Camelback and Polar, none of them ever leaked except the first Polar bottle I bought 35 or so years ago. Why did that one leak? Because I was being lazy and threw it the dishwasher, on the top rack, but the heat distorted the lid just a bit but enough to make it leak, after that I never throw my bottles in the dishwasher and no more leaks.

Personally, I think the Polar bottles overall are better than Camelback because they are made using thicker plastic, which does make it a tad harder to squeeze but they last longer, so I don't care. With plastic bottles none will last forever but my Polar bottles lasted longer than the Camelbacks did...at least for me they did.

Have you ever tried Bivo bottles? They make stainless steel insulated bottles and they seriously keep water cold for a long time!

Ah, the age-old problem of water bottles gone rogue. I've seen 'em stray from their cages, abandoning their riders in the wilderness. Ever tried a double-walled, vacuum-insulated bottle? They're like the cycling jersey of water bottles - snug, secure, and won't leave you hanging out to dry. Or, you know, soaking in your own sweat. But seriously, those should do the trick.