Best Legal Supplements for Cyclists

Originally Posted by ghedzzz .

does anyone know if the supplement APS Mesomorph is legal in cycling????
Read the actual ingredient list and compare those ingredients with the UCI's banned list. Look up the ingredients online to see what their real names are first. Most likely there's absolutely nothing revolutionary or vein popping about the **** in the can. Their slick marketing, though, sure nabs a lot of folks. Snake oil salesmen are good at that.

Originally Posted by ghedzzz .

does anyone know if the supplement APS Mesomorph is legal in cycling????

Looks interesting, let us know how it goes.

Best legal weekly suppliment? Supplement your current weekly mileage with an additional 50 miles and I garantee you will get stronger.

I used to use Sodium bicarb in the form of TwinLabs Phosfuel. I used to think it made me a teeny bit faster. Despite what I "thought" I "knew" it severly upped the chances of pre-race runs and added a shitload of sodium to my diet.

It's like loosing your hair, tons of bald "fixes" out there but still lots of bald dudes. Is it possible all those bald dudes just haven't heard of them, or just possible they don't work as well as hoped?

My favorites so far: Food, sleep.

Hey Ambal,
I had a look on the UCI Prohibited substance list and even the ASADA website for any of the ingredients listed on the tub, but nothing came up...
Would you say it's safe to use???

L-arginine is the product which most people believe promotes NO. However NO is very hard to measure. With a half life of 1/10000 of a second. Its not around very long. Proven Research has been published on NaDH (coenzyme1) as the only supplement to increase NO 10x higher than any other supplement. Also high increase of ATP (NADH is part of Krebs cycle to produce ATP). Andrenalin and dopamine levels rise too. The more NADH. U have, the more avaible energy you have without sacrificing carbs. No loading and no contraindications either. No mega dose. As its approved by ioc you will not trigger any drug test. Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

CBNutrition said:
L-arginine is the product which most people believe promotes NO. However NO is very hard to measure. With a half life of 1/10000 of a second. Its not around very long. Proven Research has been published on NaDH (coenzyme1) as the only supplement to increase NO 10x higher than any other supplement. Also high increase of ATP (NADH is part of Krebs cycle to produce ATP). Andrenalin and dopamine levels rise too. The more NADH. U have, the more avaible energy you have without sacrificing carbs. No loading and no contraindications either. No mega dose. As its approved by ioc you will not trigger any drug test. Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
Exactly what proven research is that?

alienator said:
CBNutrition said:
Exactly what proven research is that?
Look at Dr Birkmayer world renowned scientist - I'll get the reference for you. He has conducted many experiments proving the benefits on NADH Also just look up the krebbs cycle - its a bit of advance biochem for the production of ATP. The point is food has to be converted down - basically into sugars and then sugars are broken down . If you just ad NADH you've bypassed a lot of those processes. Does not replace food but complements - Also I'll dig out the NADH double blind studies for you. Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Vid of Dr Birkmayer (jnr - his father discovered CoEnzyme1)) talking about NADH and it's properties
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JN-yhGrkvYA#t=39s

I added the post above as I was writing a bit about CQ10 - touted as a pure Anti-oxident - Not exactly true. Only becomes an anti-oxident by adding CoEnzyme1 (NADH) and Oxygen molecules. Therefore, CQ10 actually depletes NADH reserves (NADH pools) in the body reducing your energy producing process. If you are taking high amounts of CQ10 (for it's anti-oxident properties - it's recommended to supplement with NADH

NADH repairs damaged cells (DNA) and the most potent Anti-oxidant available (may negate the use of CQ10), also stimulates Nitric Oxide(NO) production 10x more than any other product (cited Dr. Birkmayer video). Note, 30% more ATP can be produced in the cell making it healthier and stronger.

What does this mean to you? If you're training for strength, power, endurance etc You need energy at the cell level, take NADH - Boosting your NO levels, ATP levels, Adrenaline and dopamine also recover faster as NADH repairs cells. Best of all, Quickspark is approved by the IOC so does not trigger any doping tests...

Coenzyme1 is critical in the production of ATP energy. CoE1 supplies cells with energy by triggering ATP energy production via the ATP energy cycle. What does it do (ATP-ec)? its the metabolic pathway whic occurs in every living vell- converts carbs, fats and proteins into carbon dioxide and water into CoE1

The above are not claims but proven scientifically by various scientists around the world. Ref to by Dr. Birkmayer M.D. PhD - who, himself is the world's leading scientist on the subject

Best of all there is no load time, one can feel the difference when training - lower heart beat for same level of effort hence you can go faster.

Originally Posted by alienator .

+10. It gets you going and promotes extremely rapid, safe weight loss.

I dont know much about it, but I am going for a hard workout today so I went and got a bottle. I took 600mL, how long before I feel an effect?

maydog said:
I dont know much about it, but I am going for a hard workout today so I went and got a bottle. I took 600mL, how long before I feel an effect?
It won't be long. Wait for it. Oh, don't go far from the house.

Ah, CBnutrition, you've shown nothing so far. I asked for research, you gave video which in no shows that NaDH is the miracle supplement you'd like people to believe it is. We're looking for science that verifies that NaDH is the awesome performance supplement. Science as in stuff in a refereed journal. Not a YouTube video. Not "science" from a "nutrition" company. Real science. Not something from a GNC pamphlet.

Originally Posted by Not Sure .

If you are looking for fitness gains, taking drugs will prevent them.
Drugs such as EPO and testosterone will help you go fast and far,
so your body is not forced to adapt. No adaptation = no gain.
I dunno, I under no circumstances avocate or believe in illicit performance enhancers but concerning sodium bicarbinate, a reputed lactate buffer (which is not restricted), rumor on the street (mostly Eastern block cycling coaches) was that one took it both during training as well as racing, with elevated training output levels leading to greater adaptations. In other words the musculature and cycling specific support mechanisms (respiratory, circulatory, etc.) were indeed working harder. I never tried the training part as I had no interest in routinely shitting myself... purely speculation on my part (except for the shitting bit, that much is garanteed).

Originally Posted by alienator .

Ah, CBnutrition, you've shown nothing so far. I asked for research, you gave video which in no shows that NaDH is the miracle supplement you'd like people to believe it is. We're looking for science that verifies that NaDH is the awesome performance supplement. Science as in stuff in a refereed journal. Not a YouTube video. Not "science" from a "nutrition" company. Real science. Not something from a GNC pamphlet.
Nothing to do with GNC... they wish!

You'll be saying NO is not a miracle either

Cornell University did the study on coenzyme1 - found that the subjects who took 20 mg of Coenzyme 1 and were tested after 24 hours of sleep deprivation, performed up to 400% better on visual perception and cognitive tests compared to when they took the placebo. Makes you brainy too...

A study by the Department of Sports Medicine at the University clinic in Freiberg Germany, tested professional athletes. After supplementing with 30 mg of Coenzyme 1 per day, they experienced an increase in increase of 7% a muscular ATP, increased levels of oxygen in the bloodstream, lower lactate blood levels and improved recovery time. NOW thats what we need to hear.

I'm trying to find the reference to specific papers from the Uni's studies

Dr Birkmayer - look him up. As an MD, medical ethics - he cannot recommend any product. So he does not work for any product company. Only produces scientific facts.

Do you understand the Krebbs ATP cycle (don't worry most people don't)?
Here's a page of the steps. http://www.incolor.com/mcanaday/Krebs%20Phases.htm (loads on google)
Once you understand Kreb's cycle you'll see why NADH is so important

In summary, three major events occur during the Krebs cycle. One GTP (guanosine triphosphate) is produced which eventually donates a phosphate group to ADP to form one ATP; three molecules of NAD are reduced; and one molecule of FAD is reduced. Although one molecule of GTP leads to the production of one ATP, the production of the reduced NAD and FAD are far more significant in the cell's energy-generating process. This is because NADH and FADH2 donate their electrons to an electron transport system that generates large amounts of energy by forming many molecules of ATP.

Therefore, supplimenting with NADH you're providing high amounts of available NADH to be converted to ATP = ENERGY, slowing the body's requirement to convert glucose.

Muscle energy ATP is just one aspect of NADH -
There are many studies into NADH - searching the NCBI library gets 530778 hits for papers on NADH.
TheLancet.com - 23156 studies involving NADH -
Everything from cell repair DNA to Cancer to Alzheimers to ADH treatment to Parkinson's treatments/research

Wonder drug - well, it's not a drug, it's a CoEnzyme, we need it to exist, so does every living organism.

I use it anyway and get great results, I have 2 (league level) Referees on it and two triathletes. I know of a UK cycle race team on it, just awaiting permission to reference them.
Just about to do testing with a local cycle team (national level)

From my own experience I can train at 88%-92%MHR for considerable time while on 20mg of NADH

I"m looking at testing athletes during VO2 testing and supplementing with NADH and compare the differences

CBNutrition said:
Nothing to do with GNC... they wish!

You'll be saying NO is not a miracle either

Cornell University did the study on coenzyme1 - found that the subjects who took 20 mg of Coenzyme 1 and were tested after 24 hours of sleep deprivation, performed up to 400% better on visual perception and cognitive tests compared to when they took the placebo. Makes you brainy too...

A study by the Department of Sports Medicine at the University clinic in Freiberg Germany, tested professional athletes. After supplementing with 30 mg of Coenzyme 1 per day, they experienced an increase in increase of 7% a muscular ATP, increased levels of oxygen in the bloodstream, lower lactate blood levels and improved recovery time.  NOW thats what we need to hear.

I'm trying to find the reference to specific papers from the Uni's studies

Dr Birkmayer - look him up. As an MD, medical ethics - he cannot recommend any product. So he does not work for any product company. Only produces scientific facts.

Do you understand the Krebbs ATP cycle (don't worry most people don't)?
Here's a page of the steps. http://www.incolor.com/mcanaday/Krebs%20Phases.htm (loads on google)
Once you understand Kreb's cycle you'll see why NADH is so important

In summary, three major events occur during the Krebs cycle.   One GTP (guanosine triphosphate) is produced which eventually donates a phosphate group to ADP to form one ATP; three molecules of NAD are reduced; and one molecule of FAD is reduced.  Although one molecule of GTP leads to the production of one ATP, the production of the reduced NAD and FAD are far more significant in the cell's energy-generating process.  This is because NADH and FADH2 donate their electrons to an electron transport system that generates large amounts of energy by forming many molecules of ATP.

Therefore, supplimenting with NADH you're providing high amounts of available NADH to be converted to ATP = ENERGY, slowing the body's requirement to convert glucose.

Muscle energy ATP is just one aspect of NADH -
There are many studies into NADH - searching the NCBI library gets 530778 hits for papers on NADH.
TheLancet.com - 23156 studies involving NADH -
Everything from cell repair DNA to Cancer to Alzheimers to ADH treatment to Parkinson's treatments/research

Wonder drug - well, it's not a drug, it's a CoEnzyme,  we need it to exist, so does every living organism.

I use it anyway and get great results, I have 2 (league level) Referees on it and two triathletes. I know of a UK cycle race team on it, just awaiting permission to reference them.
Just about to do testing with a local cycle team (national level)

From my own experience I can train at 88%-92%MHR for considerable time while on 20mg of NADH

I"m looking at testing athletes during VO2 testing and supplementing with NADH and compare the differences
Please provide the titles of the studies done. Your experience with your own "training" is worthless as proof of NaDH efficacy unless you wrote a peer-reviewed paper about your experience. Note the papers and studies should specifically be about NaDH and performance gains. Studies about visual perception and cognition are not relevant. Study names, please.

you've got such a hang up on this go look up the study. I'm not wasting my time with you. Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I was introduced to Advocare products last summer and I have been hooked ever since. Now I'm an independent distributer for the company and want to share my success and love for the products with everyone else.

Since 1993, AdvoCare® has been a premier health and wellness company offering world-class energy, weight-loss, nutrition, and sports performance products. With unpaid endorsers such as Drew Brees, Jordan Shipley, and universities such as The Ohio State University and Wisconsin University, it clear that Advocare products are top of the class.

I started by taking the 24 Day Challenge in which I lost 15 pounds going from 165 to 150. After that I focused on improving my performance which has been done wit the help of Muscle Gain, Muscle Fuel, and L-Arginine. Also the Rehydrate product is a superior product than Gatorade which has even more electrolytes with less sugar.

All of these products are checked by Informed Choice for banned substances. These products are 100% banned substance free. You know exactly what your taking into your body unlike products such as NO

Come check out my website if you want an extra edge in your training.

https://www.advocare.com/12023970/default.aspx

Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Also if you live in Cincinnati and are interested in any of the products message me for special pricing and offers.

I was introduced to Advocare products last summer and I have been hooked ever since. Now I'm an independent distributer for the company and want to share my success and love for the products with everyone else.

Since 1993, AdvoCare® has been a premier health and wellness company offering world-class energy, weight-loss, nutrition, and sports performance products. With unpaid endorsers such as Drew Brees, Jordan Shipley, and universities such as The Ohio State University and Wisconsin University, it clear that Advocare products are top of the class.

I started by taking the 24 Day Challenge in which I lost 15 pounds going from 165 to 150. After that I focused on improving my performance which has been done wit the help of Muscle Gain, Muscle Fuel, and L-Arginine. Also the Rehydrate product is a superior product than Gatorade which has even more electrolytes with less sugar.

Check out all the scientific articles that support L-Arginine, simply one of the best products to be on.

Come check out my website if you want an extra edge in your training.
(ask me for it)

Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Also if you live in Cincinnati and are interested in any of the products message me for special pricing and offers.