Best Lights

Ctg

Guest
I'm going to pick up lights this year so if you've got any opinions let's hear them. I don't want to
spend more than $150 and It needs to have helmet mount and a nimh battery, no SLA's. I'm most
familiar with niteriders and they're the most prevalent system around here but I've heard and read
many complaints. Are they still hit or miss or has their product improved? What other companies make
a decent light kit in your opinion?

--
Chris
________________

"ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm going to pick up lights this year so if you've got any opinions let's hear them. I don't want
> to spend more than $150 and It needs to have
helmet
> mount and a nimh battery, no SLA's. I'm most familiar with niteriders and they're the most
> prevalent system around here but I've heard and read many complaints. Are they still hit or miss
> or has their product improved? What other companies make a decent light kit in your opinion?

BLT's.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

We have used Niterider Blowtorch HID, this winter, and had not had the slightest problem with them.
Can ride any singletrack at night, lasts 4hrs, changed our lifes as we have been able to bike at
night through the dark half of the year.

However, they will cost you more than 150 USD.

Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

"ctg" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet news:[email protected]...
> I'm going to pick up lights this year so if you've got any opinions let's hear them. I don't want
> to spend more than $150 and It needs to have
helmet
> mount and a nimh battery, no SLA's. I'm most familiar with niteriders and they're the most
> prevalent system around here but I've heard and read many complaints. Are they still hit or miss
> or has their product improved? What other companies make a decent light kit in your opinion?
>
> --
> Chris
> ________________
> www.chrisgroff.com

> I'm going to pick up lights this year so if you've got any opinions let's hear them. I don't want
> to spend more than $150 and It needs to have
helmet
> mount and a nimh battery, no SLA's. I'm most familiar with niteriders and they're the most
> prevalent system around here but I've heard and read many complaints. Are they still hit or miss
> or has their product improved? What other companies make a decent light kit in your opinion?

My Niterider has performed well.

ctg wrote:

> I'm going to pick up lights this year so if you've got any opinions let's hear them. I don't want
> to spend more than $150

I thought you said "best"?

FWIW, I paid $199 for a Blowtorch HID at Interbike on an employee deal. ;^)

If you can somehow swing it, no "normal" light compares. The HID's have to be tried to be believed!

Barry

Check out Turbo Cat's Trail Guide battery.... choice of lead acid, NiMH, NiCad batteries and
anywhere from 5-15 watts. I have their dual beam set up and it has been trouble free for over two
years. I contacted them for a second battery for endurance racing and they were super nice and
offered me a bit of a discount, too. Great service, great product, you can't go wrong.

If there is not a dealer near you they'll sell direct so give them a call. Check out
www.turbocatusa.com for all info.

> "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I'm going to pick up lights this year so if you've got any opinions
let's
> > hear them. I don't want to spend more than $150 and It needs to have
> helmet
> > mount and a nimh battery, no SLA's. I'm most familiar with niteriders
and
> > they're the most prevalent system around here but I've heard and read
many
> > complaints. Are they still hit or miss or has their product improved?
What
> > other companies make a decent light kit in your opinion?
>
> BLT's.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

> If you can somehow swing it, no "normal" light compares. The HID's have to be tried to be
> believed!

I can confirm that, ours changed our lives, bike anytime independent of daylight with them. Though,
I think they may be best for singletrack as the beam is rather short: i.e., you have 10 m in front
of the bike with light as good as if it was daytime.

Possibly, if you are going fast 30-40 km/hrs on a road bike a halogen lamp with a long beam may be
better. Not sure about this though as I have not tried one.

Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html