Best Looking Female Cyclist?

origanic said:
Wow. I have to say that after reading through this entire thread, I feel much more intellectually inclined. Thanks boys! ;)

Maybe I should group all the cycling forum women together and start a similar thread... But wait, doesn't that make us appear shallow? :)

Joking. Have fun! Ta! :eek:

I have had the privlege of going to Ontario on two occassions. I know what you Ontario girls a like! hehehe!

Gavin :D

Oh, man, I'm totally with you on that one....
Also, have you noticed what weird studies all these Canadians do...
It's always totally unrelated like: Nuclear physics with cooking and a minor in swimsuit design...
Anyways, I think I'm speaking for most if I say that now there's little doubt who my favourite female cyclist is....

gavin11756 said:
I have had the privlege of going to Ontario on two occassions. I know what you Ontario girls a like! hehehe!

fabrice said:
Oh, man, I'm totally with you on that one....
Also, have you noticed what weird studies all these Canadians do...
It's always totally unrelated like: Nuclear physics with cooking and a minor in swimsuit design...
Anyways, I think I'm speaking for most if I say that now there's little doubt who my favourite female cyclist is....

Hi Fabrice

Are you in Lincoln England or Lincoln elswhere! Is there a Lincoln Nebraska ?

gavin :)

:eek: lol! This is quite the spicey thread! :cool: I love how everytime I check it out, someone else is quoting me! ;) Anyways, off for breakfast!

Hi, Gav,
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England....
Land of Lincolnshire sausages and Poacher cheese....
But I'm moving to Ontario.
Wana come with?
f.

gavin11756 said:
Hi Fabrice

Are you in Lincoln England or Lincoln elswhere! Is there a Lincoln Nebraska ?

gavin :)

fabrice said:
Hi, Gav,
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England....
Land of Lincolnshire sausages and Poacher cheese....
But I'm moving to Ontario.
Wana come with?
f.

Hi Fabrice! I'd love to go with you to Ontario. Loverly spot. We could call in on Origanic and we can watch her eat breakfast and fantasize! Bet she'd love that eh!

I speak via the net with a bloke in Lincolnshire, from Swineshead near Boston I think...bloody Cromwell country!

G

:D

origanic said:
:eek: lol! This is quite the spicey thread! :cool: I love how everytime I check it out, someone else is quoting me! ;) Anyways, off for breakfast!

Howdy,

fabrice and I may turn up at your place and watch you eat breakfast. We will fantasize about being a cornflake in theta gob of yours.

I'll be the one in the leather mask!

Hey,
i'd heard of cyclo-cross, but with the leather mask, it'd be more like cyclo-mexican wrestling...
Origanic complained she might not do her tour du Canada because of people dropping out.
Now, she's going to have a whole peloton of cyclo-stalkers behind her as soon as she takes the bike out.
That should give her a hell of a push up the hills.... :eek:
f
PS: I've been through Swineshead... They've got a train station and a pub...

gavin11756 said:
Howdy,

fabrice and I may turn up at your place and watch you eat breakfast. We will fantasize about being a cornflake in theta gob of yours.

I'll be the one in the leather mask!

JEEBUS CRIPES! A tour of men at my front door! What has this forum become? Can't a woman enjoy her smoothie in peace?! LOL :eek:

Well, my female friend who was going to particiapate in the ride with my boyfriend and I has decided to drop out. Quite disappointing but I still want to do this! I'm off to Ireland next semester for University and when I get back in May, I plan to be fittin those roads hard. Get training back into gear. I've reciently been jogging more then I've been cycling. I had a bit on an indicent last week that got me a bit scared of the bike. I've been out since and things are fine but wow... See post:

Transport Trucks Attacking Cyclists

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok... 2:21 in the afternoon here. I was just pumped today to get a good ride in. I left my house ready for some action but was spooked early in the ride. I was only about 2 kilometers from my house when I was going along a main road in the city, one equipped with side curbs and 2 lanes going each way. I was flying along, slicing through the wind when this truck approached me from behind. Without estimating the exact length of this transport, I'd say it was 80 feet long? A massive one at that. Well, the truck was impatient to get onto the highway entrance ahead of me, so it sped up and decided to pass me. Just before the entrance, it decided to completely take its turn onto the highway ramp, mean while clearly cutting me into a sort of wedge between its speeding 16 wheels or so, the truck bed and the curb at my right. My gosh, I was trying to remain as calm as possible and balance in a straight line. If i tilted at all to the left, wammo... into the truck wheels. If i tilted at all to the right, wammo, bounce off the curb (stuck in clipless pedals) and back into the truck wheels.

So.. after a quick session of how to remain calm when death is only millimeters away, I give you all a bit of advice. Stay away from those beasts and although they can be unrespectable to riders space, it doesn't matter. They're bigger than you are! I've never felt this close to being in a major accident ever since my riding hobby began.

Sandie

"What we think, We become"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by origanic : 20-06.-2005 at 02:48 PM.

Anyways, I'm off again! Maybe I'll try to eat the remaining part of my breakfast in peace!

fabrice said:
Hey,
i'd heard of cyclo-cross, but with the leather mask, it'd be more like cyclo-mexican wrestling...
Origanic complained she might not do her tour du Canada because of people dropping out.
Now, she's going to have a whole peloton of cyclo-stalkers behind her as soon as she takes the bike out.
That should give her a hell of a push up the hills.... :eek:
f
PS: I've been through Swineshead... They've got a train station and a pub...

It's those Ontario girls! Especially Northern Ontario where it's and cold as a polar bears **** and they need to get close to keep warm.

Some of them have are very prettty and I'm not surprised they have pelotons ( or even battalions ) chasing them!

That poacher cheese sounds great. We have some of the traditional food from the old country here in Oz, but I've never had poacher cheese. I wonder if it would go well with Cornish scrumpy cider!

A chap could get really " Brahms and Liszt " on that stuff. That poacher cheese sounds great though.

I have been thinking of getting another bike for months. I'm actually a rower ( single and double sculls ) on the Lane Cove and Parramatta river off Sydney Harbour, however, I am looking at cross training and i was looking at the Cinelli site. Good gear there!

Gavin
:)

origanic said:
JEEBUS CRIPES! A tour of men at my front door! What has this forum become? Can't a woman enjoy her smoothie in peace?! LOL :eek:

Well, my female friend who was going to particiapate in the ride with my boyfriend and I has decided to drop out. Quite disappointing but I still want to do this! I'm off to Ireland next semester for University and when I get back in May, I plan to be fittin those roads hard. Get training back into gear. I've reciently been jogging more then I've been cycling. I had a bit on an indicent last week that got me a bit scared of the bike. I've been out since and things are fine but wow... See post:

Transport Trucks Attacking Cyclists

Ok... 2:21 in the afternoon here. I was just pumped today to get a good ride in. I left my house ready for some action but was spooked early in the ride. I was only about 2 kilometers from my house when I was going along a main road in the city, one equipped with side curbs and 2 lanes going each way. I was flying along, slicing through the wind when this truck approached me from behind. Without estimating the exact length of this transport, I'd say it was 80 feet long? A massive one at that. Well, the truck was impatient to get onto the highway entrance ahead of me, so it sped up and decided to pass me. Just before the entrance, it decided to completely take its turn onto the highway ramp, mean while clearly cutting me into a sort of wedge between its speeding 16 wheels or so, the truck bed and the curb at my right. My gosh, I was trying to remain as calm as possible and balance in a straight line. If i tilted at all to the left, wammo... into the truck wheels. If i tilted at all to the right, wammo, bounce off the curb (stuck in clipless pedals) and back into the truck wheels.

So.. after a quick session of how to remain calm when death is only millimeters away, I give you all a bit of advice. Stay away from those beasts and although they can be unrespectable to riders space, it doesn't matter. They're bigger than you are! I've never felt this close to being in a major accident ever since my riding hobby began.

Sandie

"What we think, We become"

Last edited by origanic : 20-06.-2005 at 02:48 PM.

Anyways, I'm off again! Maybe I'll try to eat the remaining part of my breakfast in peace!

Hi Sandie.

Good advice re the trucks. Not much room on roads for bikes any more

"
Well, my female friend who was going to particiapate in the ride with my boyfriend and I "

Now Sandy, this sounds like you are into threesomes. I know you didn't mean it that way, but it's open interpretation by smartarses like me hahahahaha!

gavin11756 said:
Especially Northern Ontario where it's and cold as a polar bears ****
We are just coming out of a pretty good heat wave in Northern Ontario; today is the first day below 30°C in quite a few.

... and polar bears do not live in Ontario.

gavin11756 said:
Now Sandy, this sounds like you are into threesomes.
Either that or it's a subtle hint for the fanclub ;)

cpx said:
We are just coming out of a pretty good heat wave in Northern Ontario; today is the first day below 30°C in quite a few.

... and polar bears do not live in Ontario.

Either that or it's a subtle hint for the fanclub ;)

It gets bloody freezing in the winter.

I am well aware polar bears to not live in Ontario, it was merely a figure of speech!

G :p :D

gavin11756 said:
Hi Sandie.

"
Well, my female friend who was going to particiapate in the ride with my boyfriend and I "

Now Sandy, this sounds like you are into threesomes. I know you didn't mean it that way, but it's open interpretation by smartarses like me hahahahaha!

I am trying to get into your website. I am having trouble doing so. Perhaps I have a computer RAM problem.

Great photo

G :)

Nah, Gav,
I think it's more like the poor girl doesn't want to be holding the candle for 30,000 km or something like that.
Many motorists go psycho when in the presence of cyclists.
That or they think cyclists are indestructible rubbermen who just bounce off the bumpers and then will just rub their backside whilst waving their fist at them on the side of the road.
Regarding a new bike, I have an Italian cyclo-cross/road bike made from Columbus tubing and it's Wow!!!
Light and tough.
I really wanted to start start saving for a road bike and had my eyes set on a Bianchi (I like the green) but it's the same price as my ticket to Toronto :(
Life is made of such painful choices.
Mind you, I don't know how it works out, but they are apparently cheaper than in Canada... Although it might be more like everything is more expensive in Britain.
Poacher cheese is super twangy and it goes with everything, especially old school bitter :cool:
gavin11756 said:
Hi Sandie.

"

fabrice said:
Nah, Gav,
I think it's more like the poor girl doesn't want to be holding the candle for 30,000 km or something like that.
Many motorists go psycho when in the presence of cyclists.
That or they think cyclists are indestructible rubbermen who just bounce off the bumpers and then will just rub their backside whilst waving their fist at them on the side of the road.
Regarding a new bike, I have an Italian cyclo-cross/road bike made from Columbus tubing and it's Wow!!!
Light and tough.
I really wanted to start start saving for a road bike and had my eyes set on a Bianchi (I like the green) but it's the same price as my ticket to Toronto :(
Life is made of such painful choices.
Mind you, I don't know how it works out, but they are apparently cheaper than in Canada... Although it might be more like everything is more expensive in Britain.
Poacher cheese is super twangy and it goes with everything, especially old school bitter :cool:

Hi Fabrice,

Why the move to Canada /

Hey,
my girlfriend is from Ontario and we kind of thought we'd live in Paris for a while but I kind of tend to have had enough of the city of lights after a few weeks, also she said we should check it out in Ontario...
Personally, I do enjoy traveling, but I'm also very attached to Britain, you know, friends, family and all that, but she's kind of adamant and I'm not too hot about Paris, so it looks like it's going to be Toronto... and no, I'm not a door mat, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow...
I'm not making much sense, am I?

gavin11756 said:
Hi Fabrice,

Why the move to Canada /

fabrice said:
Hey,
my girlfriend is from Ontario and we kind of thought we'd live in Paris for a while but I kind of tend to have had enough of the city of lights after a few weeks, also she said we should check it out in Ontario...
Personally, I do enjoy traveling, but I'm also very attached to Britain, you know, friends, family and all that, but she's kind of adamant and I'm not too hot about Paris, so it looks like it's going to be Toronto... and no, I'm not a door mat, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow...
I'm not making much sense, am I?

I can understand why you would miss Britain, but at least you have chosen a good spot. Maybe if you can get her to move to BC, that's a top spot!

So she's had enough of the frogs, eh! The Wallabies are playing France tonight so it's a feed of frog's legs for us!

G :D

Well, the Wallabies beat France and I've watched a documentary on "the tour" which starts tonight on TV, unless it's started already and the TV here is a delayed broadcast!