Best looking/worst looking team kit.

jstraw

Jan 16, 2004
Best kits: Team CSC, Lotto Domo, Quickstep-Davitamon, the late Team Bianchi

Worst kits: Kelme, Vini-Caldirola, Once (esp the Pink!), Phonak

Best kit:- Saeco, Team CSC, USPS.

Worst kit:- anything that looks like an animal is a big no-no in my book.

Ben

Good Kits - Mapei was always coolest but it has been replaced by Quickstep, funnily enough, as king. CSC is good, as is most teams that have white!

Bad Kits - Teams that are worn by rec riders. eg Banesto and USPS. And anyone in a World championship or tour etc type jerseys should be shot. Well not literally - they just look ridiculous. Earn it first.

best kits: Domina Vacanza( Specialized) zebra stripes are cool.
Agr 2 pregoryoyance or smth, the most popular kit here in Estonia, cause Kirsipuu and many others are wearin it.

worst kits: Merida, although i like new Kalev Chocolate team kit

Originally posted by Author
best kits: Domina Vacanza( Specialized) zebra stripes are cool.
Agr 2 pregoryoyance or smth, the most popular kit here in Estonia, cause Kirsipuu and many others are wearin it.

worst kits: Merida, although i like new Kalev Chocolate team kit

I figured Domina would be a controversial one. I mark it the very worst of the worst to my eye. I figure the reason Cipo was such a no show last year was that he hated being seen in Zebra drag. ;)

I really don't get the horror with which so many view recreational riders wearing team kit. I mean they *make* and *sell* the stuff on *purpose*. People aren't stealing it...it's both a source of revenue and a valued means of extending the sponsor's advertising reach. It's sometimes a fashion statement and sometimes a show of support for a favored rider or team. Nobody running around Kansas City wearing a Priest Holmes replica jersey is being accused of being a poseur, not even when engaged in a rousing game of touch football. The guy is just recognized as a fan. I mean think about this...they make the stuff three and four sizes larger than your average pro cyclist wears...so who's opposed to this? Not the teams, not the people that wear it...just a few people that for some elusive reason, give a shiny rats ass what someone else wears and why. Now *that* I find odd.

I don't own any team kit but I don't know that I never would. I kinda like the retro U.S. stuff like the old 7-Eleven stuff...it tempts me. I did just buy some USA Cycling kit because I think it looks good, a portion of the proceeds support the development team and it's club cut and will flatter my fat ass. If someone recognizes that it's a show of support for the development program that's great. If someone thinks it makes me a poseur...*shrugs*. I wear it for me, not my vast fan club.

I like the classic looks for the teams,

Saeco and the plain red

CSC never seem to have a bad kit.

Domina Vacanze, No not the zebra stripes, even if Cipo did look cute in the 2002 Giro looking like a tiger as it started in Holland. The new one, very classy white top with black side panels and sleeves and black shorts.

Worst.

Phonak, the stylised emblem looks like a drunken lettuce.

Gerolsteiner, I presume its supposed to make you think of the bottled water all that pale blue.

Slight change of subject, take a look at Quick step presentation photo at the tour down under. Is it me or do they look like egg-timers? They are very funny shapes or is it cyclists in general and I haven't noticed before?.

Originally posted by hemplands
I like the classic looks for the teams,

Saeco and the plain red

CSC never seem to have a bad kit.

Domina Vacanze, No not the zebra stripes, even if Cipo did look cute in the 2002 Giro looking like a tiger as it started in Holland. The new one, very classy white top with black side panels and sleeves and black shorts.

Worst.

Phonak, the stylised emblem looks like a drunken lettuce.

Gerolsteiner, I presume its supposed to make you think of the bottled water all that pale blue.

Slight change of subject, take a look at Quick step presentation photo at the tour down under. Is it me or do they look like egg-timers? They are very funny shapes or is it cyclists in general and I haven't noticed before?.

It would be great if you'd post the links to the pics you're referring to!

Sorry about missing the info, I was trying to do 3 things at once. I was watching the web updates about the Tour down under which finished in Adelaide about 40 minutes ago, having an instant messenger conversation with friends down there, and typing up the posting.

Best, Saeco, always classic plain red, no odd bits and pieces.

CSC Always classy, see new strip at www.team-csc.com

Domina Vacanza, Thrie new strip isn't on the internet yet but it can be seen on www.grahamwatson.com Tour down under stage 4 pictures. The presentation photo has them still in zebra's it was only when I watched the programme I realised they had had a change of gear.

Worst.

Phonak, I know it should look like an ear but, from a distance it doesn't look like anything. www.phonak-cycling.ch

Gerolsteiner is at your link

The Quik step photo is on www.cyclingnews.com click on photos for tour down under presentation

I'm now going to turn it, its 4.30am in UK

worst: australian national team (sorry - I hate it); kelme; new Gerolstiener; new Domina Vacanze

best: cipo's human tissue Saeco skin suit (not really a team thing strictly speaking); Roberto Cavalli's Domina Vacanze (wouldn't were it my self); Lotto/Domo; Euskatel; Tenax (go Dave McPartland!)

worst: the usps grey kit fromthe last day of the tour. anyone you see wearing it, and there are many, are just trying too hard.

best: the bakery boys (boulangerie)

Best: Bianchi (makes ulrich look like he was riding in the 50's), lampre (pure euro style!), brioches la boulangerie, fassa bortolo,french national champ jerseys, spanish national team (03) and FDJ jersey from 2000 and 2001.

Worst: US Postal (just like the team, boring and efficient, should be given to all accountants who start cycling), phonak (what is that?!)

The Horror. With their demotion to TT2, Domina Vacanze have lost their sense of style. The zebra stripes were the most innovative improvement to cycling apparrel in years. Not only are they highly visible, given all the contrast, but mirror all the attributes of zebra running together in a herd. When the Domina Vacanze herd starts leading Mario Cipollini out on a sprint, you feel like the stampede was about to begin.

I ride in my zebra stripes with pride and the secure knowledge that I am extremely visible on the road. I laugh at the derisive comments that are invariably shouted at me.

Best: Domina Vacanze 2002 an 2003.
Worst: Telekom - the chartreuse has got to go.