Best looking/worst looking team kit.

Originally posted by byron27
Best: Bianchi (makes ulrich look like he was riding in the 50's), lampre (pure euro style!), brioches la boulangerie, fassa bortolo,french national champ jerseys, spanish national team (03) and FDJ jersey from 2000 and 2001.

Worst: US Postal (just like the team, boring and efficient, should be given to all accountants who start cycling), phonak (what is that?!)

The all time best kit : easy !

Peugeot-Shell-Michelin (black&white checker board as worn by Tom Simpson, Stephen Roche and Robert Millar)
The definitive jersey (if any one knows where I could buy one
please give me an address : not available anywhere to my knowledge).

Bianchi 2003 : a very close second.
Kelme : lovely.

Not to be recommended :
Phonak:

Originally posted by limerickman
The all time best kit : easy !

Peugeot-Shell-Michelin (black&white checker board as worn by Tom Simpson, Stephen Roche and Robert Millar)
The definitive jersey

And certainly the all time most saavy kit. That white with black and white checkerboard was very specifically designed to stand out on black and white television broadcasts of the day, which were suddenly providing cycling with much larger audiences than newsreel coverage of only the major tours had previously provided. Black and white kit made the Peugot gear graphically vivid in a way that colorful jerseys could not be in black and white and gave them as sponsor much more reach for their investment than they'd have otherwise enjoyed.

Ok, not exactly a *team* kit but these are sufficiently amusing that I had to order them for myself:

Originally posted by jstraw
Ok, not exactly a *team* kit but these are sufficiently amusing that I had to order them for myself:

Jack, this has a 'retro' look to it !

Originally posted by renoster
I ride in my zebra stripes with pride and the secure knowledge that I am extremely visible on the road. I laugh at the derisive comments that are invariably shouted at me.
[/B]

At last another like minded person! I have the full set now (minus the 3/4 lengths which I really can't justify as I just got the bib longs), and just in time before they changed it to the really boring new one.

If I couldn't go with Dom Vac I would hav eto go for CSC too.

Here is an interesting one though:
http://www.branfordbike.com/smmrwear/big/sw3bigd.html

Originally posted by jstraw
I just took a look at the brand new Gerolsteiner team picture:

http://www.dailypeloton.com/article_images/teams/2004/gerolsteiner/team.jpg

and the kit is a disappointment. It's not awful, it's just that last years was so *great* looking.

http://www.gerolsteiner.com/cycling-english/team/images/teamfoto_neu.jpg

It got me to thinking that it might be fun to find out which teams from the present or past people think looked really good or really bad and why.

Links to examples could be helpful.

i think that USPS needs to go to the retro look that they wore on the last day last year