best medicines for high blood pressure

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Susma Rio Sep, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. This is a question addressed to doctors and knowledgeable people in
    these forums:

    What is the best medicine for my hypertension (high blood pressure)?

    I am 65, female, has two grown up children, had a heart bypass, have
    diabetes, have hypertension, had a mastectomy and chemotherapy. I
    still work in an office and live a sedentary life, don't smoke, drink,
    and no night life, an observant Evangelical Christian.

    Osolev Yt Odrareg

    Tags:

  2. Bob Cardone <[email protected]!mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Susma Rio Sep) wrote:
    >
    > >This is a question addressed to doctors and knowledgeable people in
    > >these forums:
    > >
    > >What is the best medicine for my hypertension (high blood pressure)?
    > >

    > >I am 65, female, has two grown up children, had a heart bypass, have
    > >diabetes, have hypertension, had a mastectomy and chemotherapy. I
    > >still work in an office and live a sedentary life, don't smoke, drink,
    > >and no night life, an observant Evangelical Christian.
    > >
    > >Osolev Yt Odrareg

    > They will probably tell you that the "best" medicine is the one that
    > works on "you" to lower your blood pressure. Diuretics, Beta
    > Blockers, Ace inhibitors , Calcium Channel Blockers etc.. etc.. much
    > to chose from.
    >
    > Bob

    For someone with diabetes and coronary disease, ACE inhibitors would
    hold most favored status because of manifold beneficial effects for
    such a patient beyond lowering blood pressure.

    God Bless,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD