best medicines for high blood pressure

Susma Rio Sep

Guest
This is a question addressed to doctors and knowledgeable people in
these forums:

What is the best medicine for my hypertension (high blood pressure)?

I am 65, female, has two grown up children, had a heart bypass, have
diabetes, have hypertension, had a mastectomy and chemotherapy. I
still work in an office and live a sedentary life, don't smoke, drink,
and no night life, an observant Evangelical Christian.

Osolev Yt Odrareg

Bob Cardone <cardone1!@!mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Susma Rio Sep) wrote:
>
> >This is a question addressed to doctors and knowledgeable people in
> >these forums:
> >
> >What is the best medicine for my hypertension (high blood pressure)?
> >

> >I am 65, female, has two grown up children, had a heart bypass, have
> >diabetes, have hypertension, had a mastectomy and chemotherapy. I
> >still work in an office and live a sedentary life, don't smoke, drink,
> >and no night life, an observant Evangelical Christian.
> >
> >Osolev Yt Odrareg

> They will probably tell you that the "best" medicine is the one that
> works on "you" to lower your blood pressure. Diuretics, Beta
> Blockers, Ace inhibitors , Calcium Channel Blockers etc.. etc.. much
> to chose from.
>
> Bob

For someone with diabetes and coronary disease, ACE inhibitors would
hold most favored status because of manifold beneficial effects for
such a patient beyond lowering blood pressure.

God Bless,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD