General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Best Moroccan Lamb Tagine?

Started by Calabria - rox · · Last activity · 2 posts · 202 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
5 November 2007
Last activity
22 November 2007
Original author
Calabria - rox
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
202
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Fond greetings, I know I should ask about this at rec.food.recipes and
    sorry if anyone gets annoyed, but I consider y'all the definitive
    resources and I still can't stand sifting through the food network sites
    (plus Epicurious search seems to be down right now - on Sunday night at
    5:30 PST, not nice).

    I'm looking for a lamb tagine with honey and almonds where the lamb is
    braised brown but melts in the mouth.

    Such a craving!

    The recipe would be fine too :-)

    Since my stomach isn't about to compromise, I stacked some russet slices
    which had been bathed in peanut oil and salt in the roasting pan, and
    perched the herb crusted 1 pound boneless leg atop the potato stack. I'll
    roast for about 25 min on high and then 10 on low.

    We'll see.

    cheers, rox

    "What do the fish remind you of?
    Other fish.
    And what do the other fish remind you of?
    Other fish.

    - joseph heller - catch 22"

    --
    i do my own stunts

  2. (Calabria - rox) said:

    I'm looking for a lamb tagine with honey and almonds where the lamb is
    braised brown but melts in the mouth.

    Here is a quick one with leftover lamb, after I did some research and
    experimenting :-)

    This is made with leftover lamb.

    Sautee a scallion in EVO, add 1/2 teasp cumin seed 1/2 teasp fennel
    seed and one cinnamon stick. Added about 1/3 cup chopped dates, 1/3
    cup chopped turkish apricots, 1/2 preserved meyer lemon, chix broth to
    simmer til thick and soft, 1/4 cup honey. Simmer simmer simmer til
    thick, add more water, and simmer more. Add about 1 lb lamb chunks and
    heat through, serve over couscous with sliced almonds. Yowza. This is
    a sweet very fruity tagine. Start with less fruit if you prefer.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.