Best multi tool for touring

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:42:39 GMT, still just me
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:04:54 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>Tom Sherman wrote:
>>> The guy who stuck an ice ax in Lev Trotsky's head at the behest of Uncle
>>> Joe.

>>http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/trotsky.jpg

>Looks to me like he got a paper clip stuck in his head from that
>photo... albeit a *giant* paper clip.

Dear SM,

When giant paper clips are outlawed (also know as "assault" paper
clips or "high-capacity" clips), outlaws will resort to ice axes,
still freely available over the counter in Mexico.

Admittedly, there is no legitimate need for giant _plastic_ paper
clips:

http://www.commotionpromotions.com/prod_pop.asp?image=giant_paper_clip.jpg&prod=Giant Paperclip

Known as Monday-morning Specials in bureaucratic circles, these cheap,
flashy, easily-broken paper clips can be smuggled through airport
security scanners and should be banned.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

In article
<a89b5f5a-2292-4051-b181-a68a86b25104@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Dec 26, 12:46 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Yep, I wonder if that's what Ryan meant

> > That be he. I thought there were high-end versions with more pins
> > (meaning better conformance to odd fasteners), but I couldn't find any
> > evidence of such beasts.
> >
> > Got vise-grips, a toolbox, and Super 77 adhesive for Christmas,

> you're spending the week in Venice?

Not sure I've figured out the reference there, Gene.

The vise-grips (actually good-quality locking pliers) and toolbox are
for exactly what you'd expect: wrecking bolt-heads and storing tools.

The Super 77 is (hopefully) the ultimate solution to my project to stick
my race numbers to my jersey without using pins and without screwing up
my jersey forever:

<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thread/
6c129dbe6e4ae296/6c32e30c3f17050b?q=super+77&lnk=nl&>

Especially the response from "carpediemracing" who seems to know what he
is doing.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:47:56 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Dear SM,
>
>When giant paper clips are outlawed (also know as "assault" paper
>clips or "high-capacity" clips), outlaws will resort to ice axes,
>still freely available over the counter in Mexico.

When giant paper clips are outlawed, only outlaws will have giant
paper clips!

But as long as the Supreme Court makes sure the State Government can
use them, I'm happy with that.

CAST NOT!

NYT ran the Trumper piece as a sidebar to Bhutto's axing at 7 minutes.

datakoll wrote:

> CAST NOT!
>
> NYT ran the Trumper piece as a sidebar to Bhutto's axing at 7 minutes.

Hmmm..., is the potential for civil war in a country with a nice little
stash of nuclear weapons GOOD NEWS?

POST FREE OR DIE!

In article
<rcousine-B6452C.17352524122007@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvo
x.net]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > the adjustable french wench became obsolete with the advent of the $2
> > walmart small visegrips.

> I disagree. And that goes whether you meant "wrench" or "wench."
> Vise-grips are the mother of all pliers, while adjustable wrenches are
> the worst tool with which I will happily turn a nut or bolt.
>
> Well, maybe one of those magic pin-sockets,

An adjustable wrench is good when that is all you have.
It tedious because it must be adjusted and clamped onto
the flats _each_time_ it is applied so as to minimize
the risk of roll off. A Snap On brand adjustable wrench
is actually better than others. Finer tolerances and
rounded teeth on the jaws.

A good 380 mm adjustable is handy for finish plumbing work.

--
Michael Press

Andrew Muzi wrote:
>> datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/27/fashion/27IVANKA.html?8dpc

> Tom Sherman wrote:
>> Lets see what should would be doing if she had been born in a trailer
>> park?

> She wasn't?

Since she is the GRANDDAUGHTER of a multi-millionaire real estate
developer, that is hardly likely.

POST FREE OR DIE!

On Dec 27, 4:41 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Andrew Muzi wrote:

> > Tom Sherman wrote:
> >> Lets see what should would be doing if she had been born in a trailer
> >> park?

> > She wasn't?

> Since she is the GRANDDAUGHTER of a multi-millionaire real estate
> developer, that is hardly likely.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> POST FREE OR DIE!

WOW THROW some good locking head into the discussion during a lull in
the action and bang, just goes down the hole you know what I mean?
with eyes a bit larger and Hide Clems body eeeyyowser. spacey!
meanwhile back at the nukes, the real estate agents are still in
control. rest easy sherman: the CIA git it's man errrr woman.

On Dec 27, 3:32 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]
> egroups.com>,
>
>  "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Dec 23, 1:06 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:

> > you are a moron

> Isn't that cute. Gene has his own stalker.
> I think 2008 will be a very good year.
>
> --
> Michael Press

wilde ran out of ideas again.
Maybe I'm gone at the end of this month.
on the road again....
have a Michelin AT/2

In article <[email protected]>,
Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article
> <[email protected]
> egroups.com>,
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 23, 1:06 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >

> > you are a moron

> Isn't that cute. Gene has his own stalker.
> I think 2008 will be a very good year.

DeWilde stalks everyone. What, you didn't see the message where he
accused me of being in league with fascistic science? He may have gone
after me again since, but at some point he got tedious, and I filtered
him.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

In article <[email protected]>,
Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Andrew Muzi wrote:

> > Tom Sherman wrote:
> >> Lets see what should would be doing if she had been born in a trailer
> >> park?

> > She wasn't?

> Since she is the GRANDDAUGHTER of a multi-millionaire real estate
> developer, that is hardly likely.

Give the young woman some credit, please: college graduate with honors,
by all accounts a hard worker, smart enough not to want to star in a
reality show about her private life, and despite ample opportunity, has
managed to not join the parade of Blondes Behaving Badly.

Seems to have a head on her shoulders and works very hard. I've met
people who were like that and were born in impoverished circumstances.
They do quite well.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> She wasn't?

>> Since she is the GRANDDAUGHTER of a multi-millionaire real estate
>> developer, that is hardly likely.

> Give the young woman some credit, please: college graduate with honors,
> by all accounts a hard worker, smart enough not to want to star in a
> reality show about her private life, and despite ample opportunity, has
> managed to not join the parade of Blondes Behaving Badly.

So? The last two items are merely lack of negatives.

> Seems to have a head on her shoulders and works very hard. I've met
> people who were like that and were born in impoverished circumstances.
> They do quite well.

But they do not get opportunities to manage large real estate ventures
and other businesses in their mid 20's. If Ms. Trump had been born in a
trailer park, even if she had been determined and worked hard in high
school and college, she would now be at best near-entry level lower
management, living in an apartment, driving a 5-year old car, and paying
off student loans.

POST FREE OR DIE!

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:41:00 -0600, Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Seems to have a head on her shoulders and works very hard. I've met
>> people who were like that and were born in impoverished circumstances.
>> They do quite well.
>>

>But they do not get opportunities to manage large real estate ventures
>and other businesses in their mid 20's. If Ms. Trump had been born in a
>trailer park, even if she had been determined and worked hard in high
>school and college, she would now be at best near-entry level lower
>management, living in an apartment, driving a 5-year old car, and paying
>off student loans.

No kidding. She's been given the best of everything to get where she
is - and just in case that's not enough, Daddy's reputation and
backing walk her into job after job, deal after deal. There are lots
of talented people - but those with serious connections start at the
top. The rest of us work up from the bottom.

I'd have three companies now too if I had the capital to start them or
could just hold out my hand and have people fill it with green
financing. It's also particularly easy when there's no real risk since
the super rich don't have to put their house on the line to finance
their business or worry about how they're going to pay the electric
bill for the first couple years when they're struggling to break even.
It's a lot easier to take a business risk when there's no real risk.

I don't dislike her for where she is but you can't hold her up as an
example of accomplishment - she's an example of rich privilege,
nothing more.