Best multi tool for touring

no no no i inputted the ax
sherman delivered with Bronstein
i suggested Mercado was wintering in the Bahamas or St Barts
then synchronously mentioned Altamount
Bhutto went to martyrville
this was not unexpected
predictions for Bhuttos journey are everywhere everywhere
see today and yesterday's Calvin and Hobbes
she part of the Iowa Casueses scene, xmass you know, female
castration...great fun, Pearl, Berg..
NYT had Trump's piece ready as a sidebar when Bhutto stood up in her
white Land Rover to wave goodbye
headline was Bhutto Assasinated - Trumpet goes public
balanced reporting, the essence of democracy where we all agree a cold
brew a hot day is a good thing.
Sherman poses as having forgotten the play. Alas. Sherman is obviously
connected to the CIA, a dupe perhaps?
that's some of what you wanted to know right?
damn shame the assasin didn't ride in on a Bianchi

this is kinda salty.
Bhutto had security right. the park is assasination history.
so she's escorted to the Rover.
assasin can't get near enough, sided by security.
she enters rover, secured.
security moves to their vehicles to move out.
assasin free to move in.
Bhutto stands to look back and stand up outside the Rover basking in
adulation. enter the tiger
committing suicide.
instead of going to Yale for an MBA
or the Bahamas to break an arm.
dumb, leadership at it's worst.
hasta luego

still just me wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:41:00 -0600, Tom Sherman
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>> Seems to have a head on her shoulders and works very hard. I've met
>>> people who were like that and were born in impoverished circumstances.
>>> They do quite well.
>>>

>> But they do not get opportunities to manage large real estate ventures
>> and other businesses in their mid 20's. If Ms. Trump had been born in a
>> trailer park, even if she had been determined and worked hard in high
>> school and college, she would now be at best near-entry level lower
>> management, living in an apartment, driving a 5-year old car, and paying
>> off student loans.

> No kidding. She's been given the best of everything to get where she
> is - and just in case that's not enough, Daddy's reputation and
> backing walk her into job after job, deal after deal. There are lots
> of talented people - but those with serious connections start at the
> top. The rest of us work up from the bottom....

It goes back farther than that. Donald Trump's father was a
multi-millionaire real estate developer, so Ms. Trump gains admission
into the "Old Money" club, which opens even more doors. People in this
class are loath to let others in, or even associate with them other than
employer/employee relationships. Most of their children will never have
to associate with the unwashed masses, and those from the unwashed
masses will never be allowed a chance at entry, no matter how talented
and determined they are (contrary to the propaganda of the "American
Dream" [1]).

Even at a relatively low level in business, one is handicapped severely
by coming from the lower classes, since that hinders the ability to
"network" effectively. And as anyone with half a brain who is willing to
open their mind knows, connections are more important to advancement
than effort and ability.

[1] The "American Dream" ended once in the late 19th Century when there
was no more land to steal from the American Indians, and for a second
time in the "Reagan Revolution" and following right-wing economic
policies, with the loss of middle class blue collar jobs, affordable
tuition and student financial aid, affordable housing and wage
stagnation or decline for all but upper management.

POST FREE OR DIE!

tom
that is a pile of half truths.
trump multiplied his father's money
and apparently had a helluva good time doing it.
the road is filled with ****ers driving new cars watching flatscreen
TV's and using cell phones to send their children to school while
eatin' five or six good meals a day.
what's your problem?

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
> tom
> that is a pile of half truths.
> trump multiplied his father's money
> and apparently had a helluva good time doing it.
> the road is filled with ****ers driving new cars watching flatscreen
> TV's and using cell phones to send their children to school while
> eatin' five or six good meals a day.
> what's your problem?

I dislike being lied to. The propagandizing of the "American Dream" is a
lie - for every "winner" there are multiple losers.

Life is not fair, so please do not insult me by saying it is.

POST FREE OR DIE!

datakoll wrote:
> tom
> that is a pile of half truths.
> trump multiplied his father's money
> and apparently had a helluva good time doing it.
> the road is filled with ****ers driving new cars watching flatscreen
> TV's and using cell phones to send their children to school while
> eatin' five or six good meals a day.
> what's your problem?

wtf gd?

Bill Sornson wrote:
> datakoll wrote:
>> tom
>> that is a pile of half truths.
>> trump multiplied his father's money
>> and apparently had a helluva good time doing it.
>> the road is filled with ****ers driving new cars watching flatscreen
>> TV's and using cell phones to send their children to school while
>> eatin' five or six good meals a day.
>> what's your problem?

> wtf gd?

Readers of rec.bicycles.tech:

Mr. Sherman is of the opinion that Mr. Sornson's gene to English
translator is malfunctioning.

POST FREE OR DIE!

In article
<rcousine-977879.17043027122007@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvo
x.net]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <[email protected]
> > egroups.com>,
> > "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > On Dec 23, 1:06 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > >

> > > you are a moron

> > Isn't that cute. Gene has his own stalker.
> > I think 2008 will be a very good year.

> DeWilde stalks everyone. What, you didn't see the message where he
> accused me of being in league with fascistic science? He may have gone
> after me again since, but at some point he got tedious, and I filtered
> him.

I saw it. He has not followed you into other threads,
as he has Gene.

"If you don't let me loose, I'll knock you again",
says Brer Rabbit; and with that he fetched her a wipe with
the other hand, and that stuck. Tar Baby, she ain't
saying nothing, and Brer Fox, he lay low.

--
Michael Press

In article <[email protected]>,
Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
> > tom
> > that is a pile of half truths.
> > trump multiplied his father's money
> > and apparently had a helluva good time doing it.
> > the road is filled with ****ers driving new cars watching flatscreen
> > TV's and using cell phones to send their children to school while
> > eatin' five or six good meals a day.
> > what's your problem?

> I dislike being lied to. The propagandizing of the "American Dream" is a
> lie - for every "winner" there are multiple losers.

Almost all of America's "losers" would be plutocrats in 5/6ths of the
world.

Let's see how much old money matters in American dreamers. Sam Walton:
son of dirt farmers. His father-in-law gave him a substantial loan to
help found his first store, so I guess he's from a family of privilege.

Robert Lutz, high-level exec with GM: Bachelor's and MBA from Berkeley,
followed by 40 years in the auto industry.

Jobs and Wozniak: found Apple Computer after Jobs sells his van and Woz
sells his HP calculator to raise the seed capital.

Warren Buffett: privilege seems to have amounted to a father who was a
stock broker and who told him to go to university.

Bill Gates: finally! A proper child of privilege. And his co-founder,
Paul Allen, was the . . . son of an associate director of the UWash
libraries? Is that privileged or not?

> Life is not fair, so please do not insult me by saying it is.

The list goes on. There are plenty of children of privilege in positions
of power, but of the post-Kennedy presidents, only the father-son Bushes
came from families with any claim to dynastic privilege. Johnson, Nixon,
Ford, Reagan, Clinton: their upbringings are a litany of broken homes,
modest means, and rural roots.

We're not saying life is fair. But Gene is right: Trump took a
fair-sized fortune and increased its size. Don't hold it against him.
The combination of social and economic mobility in the US is probably
both unequalled and unprecedented, excepting maybe countries in
mid-revolution.

"A 1996 Urban Institute study showed that large numbers of Americans
move into a new income quintile, with estimates ranging from 25 percent
to 40 percent in a single year. The same study found even higher
mobility rates over longer periods: about 45 percent over five years and
60 percent over 9-year and 17-year periods."

"2000 Economic Policy Institute study showed that almost 60 percent of
Americans in the lowest income quintile in 1969 were in a higher
quintile in 1996, and over 61 percent in the highest income quintile had
moved down into a lower income quintile during the same period."

<http://blog.cleveland.com/wideopen/2007/10/weekend_blast_from_the_past_i
n.html>

Not an especially well-referenced post (some googling may be necessary
to get the original posts), but I think it's a start.

ObBike: my substantial use of a bicycle as a commuter tool has paid
itself back in both quality of life and financial savings (versus
driving). the Sports Junkies Boxing Day sale provided me with a quite
acceptable set of road wheels for $40, and two sets of NiCad-powered
lights for $50.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

On Dec 21, 7:48 pm, cmcanulty <[email protected]> wrote:
> Can we discuss the best overall multi tool, price, weight, functions?
> Especially for touring

sure btutbutbut there's a concentration span limit for some
participants

On Dec 28, 2:10 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
> > datakoll wrote:
> >> tom
> >> that is a pile of half truths.
> >> trump multiplied his father's money
> >> and apparently had a helluva good time doing it.
> >> the road is filled with ****ers driving new cars watching flatscreen
> >> TV's and using cell phones to send their children to school while
> >> eatin' five or six good meals a day.
> >> what's your problem?

> > wtf gd?

> Readers of rec.bicycles.tech:
>
> Mr. Sherman is of the opinion that Mr. Sornson's gene to English
> translator is malfunctioning.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> POST FREE OR DIE!

SHERMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN

what's your game? I suggested the ax was at hand and you wrote yes the
assasination was at hand so I pointed out that the NYT was also
waiting for the assasination as NYT had the WEST-MUSLIM diochotomy on
women ready for a dual headline as: BHUTTO-TRUMPET
now your running around shouting like somekinda flippin bolshevik.
You're a middle class recumbent owner.
in Wisconsin, home of the Mooooo Reich

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2:10 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> Bill Sornson wrote:
>>> wtf gd?

>> Readers of rec.bicycles.tech:
>>
>> Mr. Sherman is of the opinion that Mr. Sornson's gene to English
>> translator is malfunctioning.
>>

> SHERMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN
>
> what's your game?

It was Mr. William Sornson who asked "what the fock" you were writing about.

> I suggested the ax was at hand and you wrote yes the
> assasination was at hand so I pointed out that the NYT was also
> waiting for the assasination as NYT had the WEST-MUSLIM diochotomy on
> women ready for a dual headline as: BHUTTO-TRUMPET

Bhutto was assassinated for being a tool of the Cheney/Bush "War on
Terra" (sic), not for being a woman politician. If Musharraf is killed
(there have been several nearly successful assassination attempts), it
will be for the same reasons, since he is obviously NOT a woman.

> now your running around shouting like somekinda flippin bolshevik.
> You're a middle class recumbent owner.

I am not middle class by accumulated wealth, having finally paid off
enough student loans to have a positive net financial worth. I still
have not been able to afford a condominium, much less a house in the
still inflated housing market, which is a qualification for entry to the
middle class in the US.

> in Wisconsin, home of the Mooooo Reich

It is the Dairy Mafia you have to worry about. Eat Cheese or Die!

POST FREE OR DIE!

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
> post xams stress
> looks like a job for the Sears multi socket

Does not Jobst have a technique for relieving stress?

POST FREE OR DIE!

YOU KNOW WHY BHUTTO WAS ASSASINATED?

there's a new bumer sticker

RECUMBENTS ARE DELUSIONAL

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
>>> tom
>>> that is a pile of half truths.
>>> trump multiplied his father's money
>>> and apparently had a helluva good time doing it.
>>> the road is filled with ****ers driving new cars watching flatscreen
>>> TV's and using cell phones to send their children to school while
>>> eatin' five or six good meals a day.
>>> what's your problem?

>> I dislike being lied to. The propagandizing of the "American Dream" is a
>> lie - for every "winner" there are multiple losers.

> Almost all of America's "losers" would be plutocrats in 5/6ths of the
> world.

Which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to with the distribution of wealth and
opportunity in the US. Let us stick to naturally colored herrings, eh?

> Let's see how much old money matters in American dreamers. Sam Walton:
> son of dirt farmers. His father-in-law gave him a substantial loan to
> help found his first store, so I guess he's from a family of privilege.

A loan (adjusted for inflation of over $230,000 US), which is more than
my total net income for the first eight years after obtaining a college
degree (and I have been employed appropriately for my education the
whole time).

> Robert Lutz, high-level exec with GM: Bachelor's and MBA from Berkeley,
> followed by 40 years in the auto industry.

Background unknown?

> Jobs and Wozniak: found Apple Computer after Jobs sells his van and Woz
> sells his HP calculator to raise the seed capital.

A rare exception does not disprove the general trend. That a few hundred
young black men and women from the impoverished inner cities become
millionaires every year through the entertainment industry (which
includes professional sports) is not an indicator of general opportunity
for their class.

> Warren Buffett: privilege seems to have amounted to a father who was a
> stock broker and who told him to go to university.

His father was also a member of Congress, which is the most exclusive
club in the country. The congress-critters DO get rewarded with
financially lucrative social connections.

> Bill Gates: finally! A proper child of privilege. And his co-founder,
> Paul Allen, was the . . . son of an associate director of the UWash
> libraries? Is that privileged or not?

Mostly luck in that IBM paid Gates a lot of money for a rehashing of
someone else's operating system. But again, as for Allen, how many
people can make money by being in at the startup of a large
multi-national corporation. It is of course, impossible for most of
these ventures to rise to that level. Another exception which does not
invalidate the general trend.

>> Life is not fair, so please do not insult me by saying it is.

> The list goes on. There are plenty of children of privilege in positions
> of power, but of the post-Kennedy presidents, only the father-son Bushes
> came from families with any claim to dynastic privilege. Johnson, Nixon,
> Ford, Reagan, Clinton: their upbringings are a litany of broken homes,
> modest means, and rural roots.

If one is willing to accept the moral compromise necessary to be a
politician in the US? However, note that these politicians are merely
the overseers of the proletariat, working for capital. They are
servants, not masters.

> We're not saying life is fair. But Gene is right: Trump took a
> fair-sized fortune and increased its size. Don't hold it against him.
> The combination of social and economic mobility in the US is probably
> both unequalled and unprecedented, excepting maybe countries in
> mid-revolution.

Hold it against Trump? Just do not tell me that either Donald or Ivanka
Trump are exemplars of achievements, when the deck was so stacked in
their favor at birth. Being born on home plate is not the same as
hitting a home run.

> "A 1996 Urban Institute study showed that large numbers of Americans
> move into a new income quintile, with estimates ranging from 25 percent
> to 40 percent in a single year. The same study found even higher
> mobility rates over longer periods: about 45 percent over five years and
> 60 percent over 9-year and 17-year periods."
>
> "2000 Economic Policy Institute study showed that almost 60 percent of
> Americans in the lowest income quintile in 1969 were in a higher
> quintile in 1996, and over 61 percent in the highest income quintile had
> moved down into a lower income quintile during the same period."

Retirement?

> <http://blog.cleveland.com/wideopen/2007/10/weekend_blast_from_the_past_i
> n.html>
>
> Not an especially well-referenced post (some googling may be necessary
> to get the original posts), but I think it's a start.

Quintiles are too gross of a measurement, as the real wealth is
concentrated in the hands of 0.1% of the population. As these people run
the government, they lump themselves in with the upper middle class in
government data to camouflage their lion's share taking of the national
wealth.

> ObBike: my substantial use of a bicycle as a commuter tool has paid
> itself back in both quality of life and financial savings (versus
> driving). the Sports Junkies Boxing Day sale provided me with a quite
> acceptable set of road wheels for $40, and two sets of NiCad-powered
> lights for $50.

This is only an option if you are not expected to provide a personal
vehicle for work transportation.

POST FREE OR DIE!

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
> YOU KNOW WHY BHUTTO WAS ASSASINATED?

Of course, since I am with the CIA. ;)

> there's a new bumer sticker
>
> RECUMBENTS ARE DELUSIONAL

It it upright riders that are delusional. Sitting up so high leads to
hypoxia. ;)

POST FREE OR DIE!

new wealth is in or around software and information tecnology
people not that different from yourself, I guess.

believing accumulation of capital is negative?

where'd your bike come from? a five year plan?

are you saying people accumlating capital should not have children or
what?

now if I were like normal here I'd write something like
you're brain is out because riding an incumbent, you swallow dogshit,
but I won't do that.

In article <[email protected]>,
Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> I dislike being lied to. The propagandizing of the "American Dream" is a
> >> lie - for every "winner" there are multiple losers.

> > Almost all of America's "losers" would be plutocrats in 5/6ths of the
> > world.

> Which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to with the distribution of wealth and
> opportunity in the US. Let us stick to naturally colored herrings, eh?

Eppur si muove. How can you call the lower quintiles of American society
"losers" when by measures both objective (living space, food security,
personal amenities) and relative (on a global scale) they are doing
great? There are many exceptions, but in a nation of 300 million, the
great majority do great.

> > Let's see how much old money matters in American dreamers. Sam Walton:
> > son of dirt farmers. His father-in-law gave him a substantial loan to
> > help found his first store, so I guess he's from a family of privilege.

> A loan (adjusted for inflation of over $230,000 US), which is more than
> my total net income for the first eight years after obtaining a college
> degree (and I have been employed appropriately for my education the
> whole time).

It's the size of a condo mortgage in Vancouver. A big loan, but not a
ridiculous one, and more importantly, he was not alone in attracting
that.

> > Robert Lutz, high-level exec with GM: Bachelor's and MBA from Berkeley,
> > followed by 40 years in the auto industry.

> Background unknown?

I can't find any bio info on him, except for 4 years as a USMC aviator,
and then he worked his way up through the industry. At best, his family
background made sure he was able to attend college.

> > Jobs and Wozniak: found Apple Computer after Jobs sells his van and Woz
> > sells his HP calculator to raise the seed capital.

> A rare exception does not disprove the general trend. That a few hundred
> young black men and women from the impoverished inner cities become
> millionaires every year through the entertainment industry (which
> includes professional sports) is not an indicator of general opportunity
> for their class.

So we shall go macro below.

> > Warren Buffett: privilege seems to have amounted to a father who was a
> > stock broker and who told him to go to university.

> His father was also a member of Congress, which is the most exclusive
> club in the country. The congress-critters DO get rewarded with
> financially lucrative social connections.

So people who don't have lots of money may have alternate forms of
social power.

> > Bill Gates: finally! A proper child of privilege. And his co-founder,
> > Paul Allen, was the . . . son of an associate director of the UWash
> > libraries? Is that privileged or not?

> Mostly luck in that IBM paid Gates a lot of money for a rehashing of
> someone else's operating system. But again, as for Allen, how many
> people can make money by being in at the startup of a large
> multi-national corporation. It is of course, impossible for most of
> these ventures to rise to that level. Another exception which does not
> invalidate the general trend.

The point is that you questioned whether there really was economic
mobility in the US when you trashed Trump and Trump. Not that I'm
especially fond of Donald Trump, but there are way more
made-in-one-generation fortunes among the richest Americans than there
are children of wealthy families.

> >> Life is not fair, so please do not insult me by saying it is.

> > The list goes on. There are plenty of children of privilege in positions
> > of power, but of the post-Kennedy presidents, only the father-son Bushes
> > came from families with any claim to dynastic privilege. Johnson, Nixon,
> > Ford, Reagan, Clinton: their upbringings are a litany of broken homes,
> > modest means, and rural roots.

> If one is willing to accept the moral compromise necessary to be a
> politician in the US? However, note that these politicians are merely
> the overseers of the proletariat, working for capital. They are
> servants, not masters.

Now I get it! So if you make it big in America from nothing, it's
because you're a puppet of Old Money? Or political office may only be
achieved by the morally compromised? These arguments are too ridiculous
to address.

> > We're not saying life is fair. But Gene is right: Trump took a
> > fair-sized fortune and increased its size. Don't hold it against him.
> > The combination of social and economic mobility in the US is probably
> > both unequalled and unprecedented, excepting maybe countries in
> > mid-revolution.

> Hold it against Trump? Just do not tell me that either Donald or Ivanka
> Trump are exemplars of achievements, when the deck was so stacked in
> their favor at birth. Being born on home plate is not the same as
> hitting a home run.
>
> > "A 1996 Urban Institute study showed that large numbers of Americans
> > move into a new income quintile, with estimates ranging from 25 percent
> > to 40 percent in a single year. The same study found even higher
> > mobility rates over longer periods: about 45 percent over five years and
> > 60 percent over 9-year and 17-year periods."
> >
> > "2000 Economic Policy Institute study showed that almost 60 percent of
> > Americans in the lowest income quintile in 1969 were in a higher
> > quintile in 1996, and over 61 percent in the highest income quintile had
> > moved down into a lower income quintile during the same period."

> Retirement?

?!?!!?! The majority of "poor" people in the late 1960s became people
whose income status (not the proper technical term, I know, but I'm
grasping for something which reflects the fact that this is their
ranking, rather than absolute dollars) improved substantially.

Over a typical working lifespan, most people's income status changes,
which suggests a lot of economic mobility, not a little.

> > <http://blog.cleveland.com/wideopen/2007/10/weekend_blast_from_the_past_i
> > n.html>
> >
> > Not an especially well-referenced post (some googling may be necessary
> > to get the original posts), but I think it's a start.

> Quintiles are too gross of a measurement, as the real wealth is
> concentrated in the hands of 0.1% of the population. As these people run
> the government, they lump themselves in with the upper middle class in
> government data to camouflage their lion's share taking of the national
> wealth.

Okay Tom, this is an actually answerable question: what proportion of
American wealth is possessed by the top 0.1%? While you're at it, what
proportion of all taxes do they pay? I happened to stumble across
something like the latter figure the other day.

http://www.marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2007/12/the-rich-pay
-fo.html

The top 1% pay 27.6% of all federal tax revenue. The top quintile pays
68.7% of all income taxes. It's good to have rich people around: they
pick up the cheque.

> > ObBike: my substantial use of a bicycle as a commuter tool has paid
> > itself back in both quality of life and financial savings (versus
> > driving). the Sports Junkies Boxing Day sale provided me with a quite
> > acceptable set of road wheels for $40, and two sets of NiCad-powered
> > lights for $50.

> This is only an option if you are not expected to provide a personal
> vehicle for work transportation.

Yes. I also don't eat fast food very often. That's only an option if I
exercise some personal self-control. I also like to drink beer. That's
only an option if I don't subscribe to the LDS church or Islam.

What proportion, Tom, of American jobs require the employee to provide a
car? There are some, but not a majority, and most of those compensate
you for the expense.

But you are attempting to riposte me with non sequiturs, while I am
offering you both specific examples of the many examples of social and
economic mobility, many coming not just among the rich, but among the
richest, and I have offered the macro data that says that the relative
income of Americans is especially fluid.

Obbike: even the bikes at department stores are surprisingly rideable
these days, at least if they are assembled properly. Only the worst and
cheapest models (if any) still have steel rims; cheap-but-effective
V-brakes on alloy rims are the base standard now.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

> On Dec 28, 2:10 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
> apparently wrote:
>> Bill Sornson wrote:

>>> wtf gd?

>> Readers of rec.bicycles.tech:
>>
>> Mr. Sherman is of the opinion that Mr. Sornson's gene to English
>> translator is malfunctioning.

Since when does the 'N' word need translating?