Best non-T-shirt giveaway?

Harold Buck

Guest
What's the best item, other than a T-shirt, that you've ever gotten from a race? I got a really nice
embroidered towel from a 2.6-mile swim a last year (the Rainbow Challenge in Somer's Point, NJ).

Please be sure to name the race and location in case the item is so cool it makes people want to
sign up for the race!

--Harold Buck

- Homer J. Simpson

In article <[email protected]>, Harold Buck
<[email protected]> wrote:

> What's the best item, other than a T-shirt, that you've ever gotten from a race? I got a really
> nice embroidered towel from a 2.6-mile swim a last year (the Rainbow Challenge in Somer's
> Point, NJ).
>
> Please be sure to name the race and location in case the item is so cool it makes people want to
> sign up for the race!

A really nice workout bag embrodiered with the race name. Ironman New Zealand 2001

A really nice workout bag with sponsor's logo. Lepping Half Ironman 2002 (New Zealand)

clm in sf

--
[email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email

> What's the best item, other than a T-shirt, that you've ever gotten from a race? I got a really
> nice embroidered towel from a 2.6-mile swim a last year (the Rainbow Challenge in Somer's
> Point, NJ).
>
> Please be sure to name the race and location in case the item is so cool it makes people want to
> sign up for the race!
>
> --Harold Buck

A couple of years ago, Powerman Alabama gave out a workout bag/laundry sack. They also gave out
cycling socks with the race logo. I haven't done the race in a couple of years. The bags are great
for when you need to keep sport specific workout bags in different places, or separate sweaty
laundry from the rest.

Also, I started doing the Gulf Coast Tri in the early/mid 1980's. At one time, they switched from
giving medals, to small novelties that had a race logo on them. One year, it was a beer
bottle-opener/wine cork extractor (not the corkscrew type).

Around 1987/88, they produced a race poster that was pretty cool. Everyone got one in their
goodie-bag. A friend of mine hung it on a wall - - pretty cool. They have since returned to tee
shirts and medals though. Back then, the race was run from a private club, with two separate (T1 &
T2) transition areas ($$$).

rsquared

"Harold Buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What's the best item, other than a T-shirt, that you've ever gotten from a race? I got a really
> nice embroidered towel from a 2.6-mile swim a last year (the Rainbow Challenge in Somer's
> Point, NJ).
>
> Please be sure to name the race and location in case the item is so cool it makes people want to
> sign up for the race!

Several races I've done give out hats, which I prefer to t-shirts. Some give ball caps and others
give running caps.

UltraMax gives a towel but it's not embroidered.

James

i'm with cathy---the IMNZ workout bag was the best: big enough but not over-sized, good looking,
great IMNZ embroidery on it. peggy

The top 3 in each AG at a race I did last year got extra goodies. What I got was "ear mitts".
http://www.earmitts.com . These things are frickin' AWESOME. Best giveaway ever. Put'm on your ears
and you'd be amazed at how much cold weather you can comfortably stand. They're fantastic!!!! My
wife laughs at me with them on but who cares - she stays inside where its warm.

The Duck Bill Chill in Eugene, OR gave away imprinted Nalgene liter bottles one year. My suggestions
for the next year were to do it again, but instead I got another cotton t-shirt, suitable for
wearing or washing your bike...

TriRod