Best on-line bike supply shop?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jay Adair, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Jay Adair

    Jay Adair Guest

    Thanks to all who responded. Didn't mean to start a war, but that's what newsgroups do sometimes....

    I will be visiting and bookmarking all the mentioned stops....

    Now if UPS can just get my R45 to me in one piece, and if I can get it back together properly, by
    Thursday afternoon I should be sans my recumbent cherry.....

    Jay

    "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > FINALLY, a response to the original question, good job Dr. Duk. Throw in the ring Calhouncycle.
    > Foolscrow, Bicycleman and Rapid transitcycle all have web sites, are bent specific shops, just ad
    > the .com after each name. BTW I do purchase from nashbar and performance, but maybe we should
    > concentrate harder on supporting these "bent" net shops, as nashbar and performance ain't never
    > going to sell us a recumbent. AND if you do have a really good local shop. go out of your way to
    > support them.
    >
    > Dr. Duk wrote:
    > > Jay:
    > >
    > > The Hostel Shoppe has a great reputation for handling great products and have an extensive
    > > on-line catalog. They are also quite fast in filling your order. I live in the Midwest and if I
    > > place an order in the A.M. I will usually have the order delivered by UPS the next day.
    > > Performance and Nashbar are also good outlets for the items you are looking for. For Bent
    > > products you can't beat the Shoppe. Good Luck Shopping!!
    > >
    > > Dr. Duk
    > >

    > > --

  2. Harryo

    Harryo Guest

    "Jay Adair" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Any advice on either places to see or places to flee will be greatly appreciated.....

    Mark, at Power On Cycling, is another good source, especially for recumbent specific advice and
    parts. I dealt with him on a new seat pad and wheelset for my Baron and his service was great.

    Harry Jiles

  3. Rob Rudeski

    Rob Rudeski Guest

    If UPS gets it to you in one piece, why would you have to get it back together? ;-)

    --
    Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2