Best Online Supplier

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by LazenbyADT, Feb 8, 2005.

  1. LazenbyADT

    LazenbyADT Guest

    I have seen many online bike retailers offering good deals on bikes with the
    frame size that I`m after.

    However my past experience in having bike delivered by courier company is
    not a good one. I have also seen how bikes get treated by courier drivers.
    I.e piled under heavy boxes, even trodden on.

    I have seen on wiggle.co.uk that they ship in side an enclosed box so no
    part of the bike can get damaged. Has anyone used them and did your bike
    arrived undamaged?

    Also are their any other online retailers that ship in this way?

    Ideally I would like to support my local bike shop however not many seem to
    stock 22" frame sizes.

    Many Thanks

    Tags:

  2. MSA

    MSA Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Ideally I would like to support my local bike shop however not many seem to
    > stock 22" frame sizes.

    Have you enquired to see if they can order one in?
    --
    Mark (MSA)
    Remember, half the people you know are below average

  3. MD

    MD Guest

    "LazenbyADT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I have seen on wiggle.co.uk that they ship in side an enclosed box
    > so no part of the bike can get damaged. Has anyone used them and
    > did your bike arrived undamaged?

    I bought a Giant XtC NRS (FS aluminium) frame from Wiggle just over a
    year ago. It was packed in the original box from the manufacturer
    which seemed quite adequate, and arrived complete and undamaged. The
    box was unmolested by the courier.

    Local shops only seem to sell complete bikes, and maybe frames for
    very high-end stuff. This made for an affordable way to get a proper
    full suspension MTB, as opposed to a £99 supermarket bike or £1500
    complete bike, as I had decent quality components on my old bike that
    could be transferred.

    I built it up as a project last winter, and have had no problems apart
    from the really crummy ally seatclamp that Giant supplied which
    stripped its thread as soon as I tightened it.

    --

    Regards,

    Mark Davies