best pads for ceramic rims?

serg

Guest
anyone? will standard pads work for a couple of rides (mtn)? thanks!

serg wrote:
> anyone?

On my road bike I have Mavic OP Ceramic rims, with Campag Record brakes.
To eliminate excessive wear and all the black stuff when it rains, I use
a set of Koolstop Z-Chromium. The mounting hardware makes the brakes
look kind of ugly (longish bolts and allen nuts) though. Stopping power
(both dry and wet) is significantly dimished compared with stock black
rubber, but it is more than sufficient, and safe. You just have to pull
a bit harder.

will standard pads work for a couple of rides (mtn)? thanks!

Maybe even 3-4 ;-) I found that the ceramic really eats the black pads
though (but now I'm talking road bikes, not mountain style).
/Robert

On my road bikes, including my winter/rain bike, I've run ceramics for years
(> 10).
I've always used regular pads, typically getting at least a year out of
them, roughly 5-6000 mi.

-pete

news:[email protected]...