best pedals?

mornish wrote:
> hey, I just got a 20in. KH trials and I was wondering what are good
> pedals because I don't like the snafu ones. They try to eat my leg.:p

Most trials riders wear leg armour, something that covers the front
part of the lower leg and the knee. SixSixOne make the 4x4 which offers
good protection. A cheaper solution is to get soccer shin guards.

Even a plastic pedal on a unicycle can really rip up your shin, given
enough power behind it.

Edit: Tyler beat me to it, oh well. It's still good advice. :)

--
UNIquelyCanadian

~Cameron
New Photos Added: _www.camerondonaldson.com__

"The state death takes you is the state eternity will keep you." -
Chad Searles
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

Lucas1wheel wrote:
> all that is true but if you're looking for decent pedals I have had my
> DMR V12's for about 2years now and they are very strong and Don't do
> too much damage to my shins, a less expensive option are V8's

I think the V8/V12 tend to eat your shins just as much as Snafus (trust
me I´ve tried both) the only real difference is that the V12s have more
pins that rips up youre skin more efficiently.

The only good and lasting solution to the problem is to get some leg
pads. Or plastic pedals if you don´t mind replacing them quite often.

--
fexnix

'*My fresh gallery*'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
*I Got Infinite Skillz*
Street moves are for riders who can't clean a trials line. Who needs
to throw a crankflip when they can land a drop on a rail or rolling hop
onto a post?
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

i belive it fairly good all round...but the main focus is on the front.

--
trials_uni

'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) <---new more
informative post go now! edited today!
Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
(http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
unicyclists in your area!
Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

monkeyman wrote:
> Those animals aren't innocent, they're keeping my meat from me

the new 4x4s only have a thin cloth around tghe back to help w/ the
velcro i think but as long as it doesnt hit you too hard in the calf
youll be fine probably just a dead leg, especially if the pedal hits
the velcro it deffinitly wont draw blood

--
unijesse

I Brake for Unicyclist's
http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

Definitely get some leg armour, its pretty cheap for 661 stuff in the
US, and tried and tested by the vast majority of extreme (and some
non-extreme) riders.

Pedals wise, for trials/street use, the Odyssey Jimmy C's (I think
danscomp have them) are a very, very competent pedal due to high grip,
tough & beefy body design, completely removable pins (for a grindside
pedal) and a nice knurled surface.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

"Come on you target for far away laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink
Floyd
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

i actually don't like the jimmy c's for grip. i think there's several
pedals that grip better than them, granted if you're grinding, etc then
maybe they're for you, but i don't think the pins are long enough/in
the right places. snafu's are pretty good imo.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and gainfully employed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

I would suggest to just keep the Snafu's, their not bad or anything, I
liked 'em just fine. Get some leg armor and don't worry about it...

--
forrestunifreak

'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)
For 15% off your first order of Hammer Nutrition Products go to
http://www.e-caps.com/affiliates/82904

Snafus have good size pins for those rare occasions when you want to
ride in a blizzard on the steepest, roughest terrain with snowboots on.

Jim Cs come with a full set of spare pins that are just as big as the
snafus. Jim Cs also offer a larger pedal platform than SNAFUs which is
always good for unispins etc.

On Jim Cs, the amount of grip you get is completely customisable
because out of the eight pin holes on each side of each pedal, you can
leave in as many pins as you like. I personally go with 6 small pins on
each side but thats just coz I've lost a few and want to distribute the
grip evenly.

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812