Best place to watch the Tour finish-in Paris

Steve Braun

Guest
My dear daughter has the good fortune to be in Paris this week. She's
planning to stay to watch the riders finish on Sunday. She's asked me for
advice on where she should try to park herself. Would any of you have any
suggestions? And what time would you arrive a recommended viewing spot?

Thanks

I live in Paris, and my favourite place to watch the finish is my
living
room, where I can have the best view of my TV set. I usually get there
about 1 pm, right after eating breakfast.

-ilan

Steve Braun a écrit :
> My dear daughter has the good fortune to be in Paris this week. She's
> planning to stay to watch the riders finish on Sunday. She's asked me for
> advice on where she should try to park herself. Would any of you have any
> suggestions? And what time would you arrive a recommended viewing spot?
>
> Thanks

So give her your address, otherwise how is she gonna find your living
room?

I agree - especially if it's hot. The streets are a mess with sweaty
folks standing three deep to watch riders go by so fast you can't make
out who's who.

That said, the exit from the tunnel down towards the Louvre is probably
cool to see one lap. Otherwise...forget it.

Right when they come out of the tunnel and hang a left. About 1.5 K to go.
They sweep aroung the corner and come within inches of the barrier for 10
laps. It's a pretty cool site. There is a little jog in the barrier and if
you stand in the right place it looks like they are coming right at you.

news:[email protected]...

Steve Braun a écrit :
> My dear daughter has the good fortune to be in Paris this week. She's
> planning to stay to watch the riders finish on Sunday. She's asked me for
> advice on where she should try to park herself. Would any of you have any
> suggestions? And what time would you arrive a recommended viewing spot?

Ilan is giving a good suggestion for us old foggies. But for kids the
commotion of the Champs is something that she absolutely MUST experience.
There isn't a bad spot on the Champs though if I were her I'd find a
sidewalk cafe' near enough to see from. But there is sort of a block party
afterwards.

Steve Braun wrote:
> My dear daughter has the good fortune to be in Paris this week. She's
> planning to stay to watch the riders finish on Sunday. She's asked me for
> advice on where she should try to park herself. Would any of you have any
> suggestions? And what time would you arrive a recommended viewing spot?

At the Rond Point des Champs. (Where the Avenue Matignan crosses the
Champs). From there you can also see the giant screen & watch the whole
stage. Get there early.
All the best
Dan Gregory

[email protected] wrote:

> I live in Paris, and my favourite place to watch the finish is my
> living
> room, where I can have the best view of my TV set. I usually get there
> about 1 pm, right after eating breakfast.

Sounds like when I lived in Pasadena.

Among the locals, the best place to watch the Tournament of Roses parade
is often "at home, in front of the TV".

Smith

Steve Braun wrote:
> My dear daughter has the good fortune to be in Paris this week. She's
> planning to stay to watch the riders finish on Sunday. She's asked me for
> advice on where she should try to park herself. Would any of you have any
> suggestions? And what time would you arrive a recommended viewing spot?

In my one and only experience watching the final stage on the Champs
Elysees I found that the top of the Arc D Triomphe provided a nice
expansive, but not close up view of the activities. At street level it
is virtually impossible to see anything since everyone stands at the
same level and the crowds are huge. On the street, stake out a spot
hours before the race arrives.

DR