Best post-ride recovery meals

"Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> how about when you pass by a restaurant that smells great?

In the morning, sometimes I can smell the wonder bread factory making
trillions of doughnuts. That'll stir the appetite. Or sometimes you can
smell the Vietnamese places boiling up the broth for the day's pho.

The ride home, when I'm really hungry at the end of the day, goes through
Chinatown, with many enticing aromas. Fortunately, the starchy smells coming
from the nearby noodle factory will dampen down the appetite as I leave the
neighborhood.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> how about when you pass by a restaurant that smells great?

> In the morning, sometimes I can smell the wonder bread factory making
> trillions of doughnuts. That'll stir the appetite. Or sometimes you can
> smell the Vietnamese places boiling up the broth for the day's pho.
>
> The ride home, when I'm really hungry at the end of the day, goes through
> Chinatown, with many enticing aromas. Fortunately, the starchy smells
> coming from the nearby noodle factory will dampen down the appetite as I
> leave the neighborhood.

Many thanks Claire for this wonderful uplifting message of yours. It
lightens my heavy heart and just makes my day ever so much brighter. But why
is that everywhere I go I encounter mostly the sweet-sour smells of decay
and death. Apparently, we live in two different worlds.

Everyone in the world knows that the Chinese will eat anything. It comes
from thousands of years of forever being on the edge of starvation. If I
were you I would stay out of Chinatown. They eat dogs there and who knows,
they might eat you too if you are at all plump.

Why does Claire keep posting these idiocies of hers. Does she do this just
to **** me off? She is the eternally happy camper - and I am not. That is no
doubt the cause of all our troubles and difficulties. If she would only get
a good case of breast or ovarian cancer she might be more tolerable.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 14:41:11 -0500, "Mr. Ed" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> how about when you pass by a restaurant that smells great?

>> In the morning, sometimes I can smell the wonder bread factory making
>> trillions of doughnuts. That'll stir the appetite. Or sometimes you can
>> smell the Vietnamese places boiling up the broth for the day's pho.
>>
>> The ride home, when I'm really hungry at the end of the day, goes through
>> Chinatown, with many enticing aromas. Fortunately, the starchy smells
>> coming from the nearby noodle factory will dampen down the appetite as I
>> leave the neighborhood.

>Many thanks Claire for this wonderful uplifting message of yours. It
>lightens my heavy heart and just makes my day ever so much brighter. But why
>is that everywhere I go I encounter mostly the sweet-sour smells of decay
>and death. Apparently, we live in two different worlds.
>
>Everyone in the world knows that the Chinese will eat anything. It comes
>from thousands of years of forever being on the edge of starvation. If I
>were you I would stay out of Chinatown. They eat dogs there and who knows,
>they might eat you too if you are at all plump.
>
>Why does Claire keep posting these idiocies of hers. Does she do this just
>to **** me off? She is the eternally happy camper - and I am not. That is no
>doubt the cause of all our troubles and difficulties. If she would only get
>a good case of breast or ovarian cancer she might be more tolerable.
>
>Regards,
>
>Mr. Ed

This post is an illustration of one of Ed Dolan's worst aspects.
Claire seems to be the kind of cycling enthusiast any community would
be lucky to count on, and Eddy jumps on one of her enjoyable posts to
spread his stinkbait. Exactly the kind of behavior that has driven off
most of the posters who used to frequen ARBR.

Ignore the decrepit old troll. Ed is far better off sitting alone in
his inherited house in Worthington, Minnesota stumbling drunkenly over
his 'many' recumbents and communing with his many cats. He is not fit
company for humans.

Indiana Mike

> Ignore the decrepit old troll. Ed is far better off sitting alone in
> his inherited house in Worthington, Minnesota stumbling drunkenly over
> his 'many' recumbents and communing with his many cats. He is not fit
> company for humans.
>
> Indiana Mike

Mike, I kill-filed him a long time ago and I wouldn't have even seen
anything he wrote except that you posted it! If you want somebody to "ignore
the decrepit old troll", don't repost what he has written for some
unsuspecting person to come across. I'd appreciate that, thanks.

Pat in TX

"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 14:41:11 -0500, "Mr. Ed" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> In the morning, sometimes I can smell the wonder bread factory making
>>> trillions of doughnuts. That'll stir the appetite. Or sometimes you can
>>> smell the Vietnamese places boiling up the broth for the day's pho.
>>>
>>> The ride home, when I'm really hungry at the end of the day, goes
>>> through
>>> Chinatown, with many enticing aromas. Fortunately, the starchy smells
>>> coming from the nearby noodle factory will dampen down the appetite as I
>>> leave the neighborhood.

>>Many thanks Claire for this wonderful uplifting message of yours. It
>>lightens my heavy heart and just makes my day ever so much brighter. But
>>why
>>is that everywhere I go I encounter mostly the sweet-sour smells of decay
>>and death. Apparently, we live in two different worlds.
>>
>>Everyone in the world knows that the Chinese will eat anything. It comes
>>from thousands of years of forever being on the edge of starvation. If I
>>were you I would stay out of Chinatown. They eat dogs there and who knows,
>>they might eat you too if you are at all plump.
>>
>>Why does Claire keep posting these idiocies of hers. Does she do this just
>>to **** me off? She is the eternally happy camper - and I am not. That is
>>no
>>doubt the cause of all our troubles and difficulties. If she would only
>>get
>>a good case of breast or ovarian cancer she might be more tolerable.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Mr. Ed

> This post is an illustration of one of Ed Dolan's worst aspects.
> Claire seems to be the kind of cycling enthusiast any community would
> be lucky to count on, and Eddy jumps on one of her enjoyable posts to
> spread his stinkbait. Exactly the kind of behavior that has driven off
> most of the posters who used to frequen ARBR.
>
> Ignore the decrepit old troll. Ed is far better off sitting alone in
> his inherited house in Worthington, Minnesota stumbling drunkenly over
> his 'many' recumbents and communing with his many cats. He is not fit
> company for humans.

I simply can't stand Pollyannas like Claire. She posts her happy thoughts
which only serve to depress me more than I already am.

She complains in a previous post that she does not have much free time
because she is some kind of school marm. Yet, she always seems to find time
enough to post her idiocies on this newsgroup. Her messages are mindless,
something that only a child would write.

We should all enjoy happy childhoods, but we should not continue to live in
them all of our lives. This is what Claire has managed to do. She is still
living in a state of childhood grace. She needs to become an adult and
suffer all the miseries that adults suffer. Childhood is for children only.
She is perverted to continue to live in such a state of grace.

I will save my attack on Indiana Mike for later. After all, he has undergone
some heart troubles lately and I would not want to add to his grief. My own
ticker is not doing any too well lately either. It seems to be missing a few
beats every now and then.

Claire illustrates to perfection the worst aspects of the female mind, ever
trivial and essentially childish, seemingly incapable of any large thoughts.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Pat in TX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Ignore the decrepit old troll. Ed is far better off sitting alone in
>> his inherited house in Worthington, Minnesota stumbling drunkenly over
>> his 'many' recumbents and communing with his many cats. He is not fit
>> company for humans.
>>
>> Indiana Mike

> Mike, I kill-filed him a long time ago and I wouldn't have even seen
> anything he wrote except that you posted it! If you want somebody to
> "ignore the decrepit old troll", don't repost what he has written for some
> unsuspecting person to come across. I'd appreciate that, thanks.
>
> Pat in TX

Don't listen to this screwball Mike. Post correctly and this numskull from
Texas can see it or not. Who gives a damn about the likes of him. He has
never yet written anything that I would want to read, but I do not kill-file
him. Hells Bells, I just ignore him.

To be kill-filed by cowards like 'Pat in TX' is a nothing. Ed Dolan the
Great has never killed-filed anyone. That is because I have at least the
bare minimum of some guts. How did anyone from Texas get to be so gutless?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:40:13 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> <snip>
>>I will save my attack on Indiana Mike for later. After all, he has
>>undergone
>>some heart troubles lately and I would not want to add to his grief. My
>>own
>>ticker is not doing any too well lately either. It seems to be missing a
>>few
>>beats every now and then.

> My recovery is going remarkably well, everyne seems amazed. At 31 days
> after surgery I am walking two miles a day in addition to exploring
> the woods in search of early morel mushrooms. I only await the
> complete healing of my sternum to begin riding again, no point risking
> the possibility of a fall at this stage.

The thought of open heart surgery sends me into a tailspin. I guess I will
opt for death if and when confronted with the choice. But glad you are doing
well.

> So if you feel any need to attack me don't fret yourself over how I'll
> handle it. You really can't bother me, except I do get embarrassed
> when you refuse to show basic respect while seeming to be an
> 'ambassador from this ng.
>
> Indiana Mike

My sole aim in life at this point is to get Claire to respond to me. I do
not know how vicious I will have to get. Her types always amuse the hell out
of me for some strange reason. I think it is her basic innocence that
appeals to me. I would like to be child like her again myself, but it is
just so impossible.

Do not fret about the denizens of RBM. They are even greater slobs than we
are (ARBR).

"recycled-one" <[email protected]> writes:

> Absent water issues I find I really crave animal protein 'heavy' foods. The
> idea of a steak dinner - medium rare with wild rice pilaf

I make a lovely (if I may say so) pilau which includes
toasted almond slices and toasted orange rind. The
meat component might be chicken, lamb or goat, and perhaps
slightly curried, but without too much cumin, and maybe a little
too much paprika substituting the tumeric. But chicken works
best. Or turkey. I don't like too much cumin. To me, it
smells like cat pee.

Some pineapple chunks and/or a little bit of chopped dates in
there might make things Mediterraneanly interesting, too.

But, hey, here's something else I've lately figured out:

thin-sliced, sweet Walla Walla onions marinated for a few hours
in Vlasik[tm] bread-&-butter pickle juice go ever so nicely
in aged cheddar cheese sandwiches. Soak the onion slices in
an /open/ container in the fridge, so anaerobic stuff like
botulism can't go hog-wild and make ya sick.

I also like thin-sliced English cucumber that's been soaked
in Japanese rice vinegar, chilled, and stepped-on with the
slightest whisper of icing sugar & red sea salt.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.