best pro team jersey

Ive just found out that Decathlon in UK sells the Cofidis gear!! Been wondering where I could find it.

I agree with RC2. The zebra men jersey was pretty nifty. Especially when the Lion King was wearing it. (I'm sure he did at one stage?)

The US Postal jersey is a good one, not just because George and Lance and Floyd and the rest of them wear it.

But T Mobile..all that pink..very nice. Though I don't know if I could bring myself to wear one.

I thought Once jersey, when they were around, were a good style.

Chester1 said:
I thought Once jersey, when they were around, were a good style.

Is there any pics of the ONCE gear on the net? Im not familiar with it.

Isn't Eusktel-Euskadi the name of the Basque Telephone Company?

Yes it is. Great Colors. Beautiful Bikes. Lots of Tradition.

I chose CSC as the colors are a little more subdued. The Red, Black and Silver are a nice color combo. Postal though is a little boring. Phonak and espescially T-Mobile are a little too wild.

Slightly partial to Fassa Bortolo myself. Maybe it's the American in me, but the idea of a top cycling team being sponsored by a concrete company just seems so, well, foreign. Handsome jerseys, too, especially in Giro purple.

T-Mobile's dripping pink is probably the main eye catcher, now that ONCE is gone. Who had the green jerseys with the large 3D water beads on them?

JohnO said:
Slightly partial to Fassa Bortolo myself. Maybe it's the American in me, but the idea of a top cycling team being sponsored by a concrete company just seems so, well, foreign.

May I ask why? Remember that, traditionally, cycling is a working class sport (if you are rich you play tennis or whatever). There is a very strong following amongst the 'construction man' crowd - people like Savoldelli quit working as masons to take up riding. As he put it in an interview, 'only people who get up before dawn and work outside hauling bricks in the freezing cold of a northern Italian winter morning would consider cycling as an 'easier' career choice'.

crees22 said:
Is there any pics of the ONCE gear on the net? Im not familiar with it.

Gotta be my all time favorite jersey. The Once logo was simple yet distinct and while the jerseys had periodic design changes the basis concept remained the same.

Oh yeah......primary color was yellow...... :)

Note - the pink kit is OK.

I`m kinda taken by the US domestic team jersey for Colavita. The latest incarnation of the Saulner Duval kit is really nice too.....yeah...it`s yellow. Seeing a trend? :D

i think i've answered a poll like this before, but oh well my interests have changed. i like:

euskatel-euskadi - for the most flambyant
csc - except the dumb "six-pack" abs thing is just too dumb.
but b/c i don't like things to complicated, i went with brioches. too bad their history.

personally, i think the new discovery channel kit is pretty ugly. i'm not much of a light blue kind of guy, though.

I quite like the Saeco one myself. I find it's the easiest to pick out in the peloton. All the blue ones can get a little mixed up sometimes, and I'm also mistaking Rabobank riders for Euskatel ones.

The euskatel Euskadi ae probely the best looking if not the noticiable.

My favorite retro jersey is The la vie Claire team of the 1980s

And National team jersey. Norway. why, because they look like the Montreal Canadiens of the NHL.

These are all boring.

I like the Velo Bella jersey. Or maybe I like whats underneath them?? I dont know
Course they are not in the TDF so they dont qualify.

If I had to choose (american too) I would go with Chipo's - Tony the tiger skinsuit from a few year back.

:eek:

donhix1 said:
I chose CSC as the colors are a little more subdued. The Red, Black and Silver are a nice color combo. Postal though is a little boring. Phonak and espescially T-Mobile are a little too wild.

I would love CSC except for the silly ab-muscle thing they've got across the stomach. my girlfriend nixed that.

Yeah, the same effect on the shoulders looks like feathers and wings. I kind of like that. The 6-pack doesn't quite work. Overall though, that is a nice looking kit.