Best quality helmet to buy for cycling?

Look, the standard only provides for a 5 mph direct collision to prevent skull fracture. Now why don't you tell us how you hit a concrete wall at 40 mph and your helmet saved your life?
I tend to be more situationally aware when spinning 40 mph and steer clear of walls and such. But if I were to go head first into a wall, I would prefer to do it wearing a helmet. But that's just me.

I have been on helmets since they were first invented. I was not only a semi-pro motorcycle racer but because the safety director for the American Federation of Motorcyclists. The way a track motorcyclists falls is completely different than the way in which a bicyclist typically falls. That is why a hard shell seems to help motorcyclists more though it really does not in collisions of the head with any object.

I just want this CLEAR AS A BELL - helmets ONLY help when you are in a minor crash and they only protect your head from road or gravel rash and nothing more. So be careful out there and never believe for one second anyone that claims that their live's were saved by a helmet because that is not possible given the required density of the foam because of the limited size of a helmet.

Wear a helmet, and I do, but do not take any chances in which you might believe you're protected from stupid acts by your helmet.

I have been on helmets since they were first invented. I was not only a semi-pro motorcycle racer but because the safety director for the American Federation of Motorcyclists. The way a track motorcyclists falls is completely different than the way in which a bicyclist typically falls. That is why a hard shell seems to help motorcyclists more though it really does not in collisions of the head with any object.

I just want this CLEAR AS A BELL - helmets ONLY help when you are in a minor crash and they only protect your head from road or gravel rash and nothing more. So be careful out there and never believe for one second anyone that claims that their live's were saved by a helmet because that is not possible given the required density of the foam because of the limited size of a helmet.

Wear a helmet, and I do, but do not take any chances in which you might believe you're protected from stupid acts by your helmet.

The smart ones here who have had accidents while wearing helmets, the doctors who have watched those live with helmets and die without them, statistical people who have studied this stuff are all not listening to your load of BS. So take you're load of nonsense and go play it for the bum down the street who's so drunk he'll agree with you, especially if you offer to buy him a drink.

I like helmets that are cool and comfortable. It's what I always consider when buying one. It's because we'll always be wearing it. Might as well make it as durable and comfy as possible.

It really depends on your budget when you are looking for a new helmet. For me, I always go for the one used by many other people as this is one way that I am going to get the one that can fit me well.

I like helmets that are cool and comfortable. It's what I always consider when buying one. It's because we'll always be wearing it. Might as well make it as durable and comfy as possible.

Getting one that is durable is all that matters. You can't really understand how good that helmet is until you get to use it.

Getting one that is durable is all that matters. You can't really understand how good that helmet is until you get to use it.

I agree. That's how you'll know for sure. Also, the comfort is tested on long rides. If you don't feel anything uncomfortable despite constant rides, then you've got a good helmet on.