Best Rain Gear?



wiredued

New Member
Aug 17, 2004
1,300
0
0
On occasion I find myself riding home in the rain who makes the best head to toe rain gear?
 

Ike90

New Member
Feb 10, 2005
98
2
0
wiredued said:
On occasion I find myself riding home in the rain who makes the best head to toe rain gear?
Best is a relative term. If money is no object, then a Goretex or similar suit, with gaiters or booties and waterproof gloves is probably the best choice. Expect to pay several hundred dollars for a set up like that.

I have a Kirkland Signature two-piece nylon rainsuit that I bought at Costco for 29.99. It works great for me, but although I ride in the rain many, many days during a typical year (such is life in the Pacific Northwest), I rarely ride in a downpour for more than an hour at a time. For me, expensive and extensive rain gear is a waste.
 

wiredued

New Member
Aug 17, 2004
1,300
0
0
Thanks for the reply I'm not Donald Trump so I'm not looking for the most expensive and when I do buy the most expensive I'm ussually disapointed. I'm starting to look at gaiters at www.amazon.com instead of a suit because I find the most uncomfortable thing about riding in the rain seems to be wet filthy black road grime in my socks. Do you think that would work?

Ike90 said:
Best is a relative term. If money is no object, then a Goretex or similar suit, with gaiters or booties and waterproof gloves is probably the best choice. Expect to pay several hundred dollars for a set up like that.

I have a Kirkland Signature two-piece nylon rainsuit that I bought at Costco for 29.99. It works great for me, but although I ride in the rain many, many days during a typical year (such is life in the Pacific Northwest), I rarely ride in a downpour for more than an hour at a time. For me, expensive and extensive rain gear is a waste.
 

Ike90

New Member
Feb 10, 2005
98
2
0

wiredued

New Member
Aug 17, 2004
1,300
0
0
Those are a little goofy I like these you can get them in black the same color as road grime:) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...30-5328966?v=glance&s=sporting-goods&n=507846

Ike90 said:
You've got that right. I leave my work shoes at work, carry extra socks, and suffer on the way home. I've considered getting a pair of these (Campmor is an excellent vendor by the way)http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=10114&memberId=12500226
but yellow isn't my best color. :D
 

Snortley

New Member
Feb 12, 2005
3
0
0
Speaking of cheap, in this weather (NYC) my gaiters are cut-off top sections of over-the-calf wool hiking socks. I just cuff the ragged edge and wear them up-side-down. Not only is this effective recycling, but they apparently look great; I've gotten several compliments on them from cyclists and non-cyclists alike.


wiredued said:
Thanks for the reply I'm not Donald Trump so I'm not looking for the most expensive and when I do buy the most expensive I'm ussually disapointed. I'm starting to look at gaiters at www.amazon.com instead of a suit because I find the most uncomfortable thing about riding in the rain seems to be wet filthy black road grime in my socks. Do you think that would work?
 

wiredued

New Member
Aug 17, 2004
1,300
0
0
Road today with 1 inch of slush on the ground here in Massachusetts I'm glad I didn't choose to where my good jacket today tried construction boots today wow what a workout. Anyways that sounds like a good idea Snort and you're right you are cheap I'll see if I have a pair of socks big enough. Speaking of speaking of cheap I didn't get the helmet cover I use blue masking tape to cover the vent holes on my helmet.

Snortley said:
Speaking of cheap, in this weather (NYC) my gaiters are cut-off top sections of over-the-calf wool hiking socks. I just cuff the ragged edge and wear them up-side-down. Not only is this effective recycling, but they apparently look great; I've gotten several compliments on them from cyclists and non-cyclists alike.
 

domaindomain

New Member
Dec 20, 2004
383
0
0
Had a lot of joy from my Sealskinz extremities coverings this winter!

That's gloves and socks !

Very waterproof, comfy and, when the new just for cyclists lines are extended this year, I expect even greater things.

See the range at www.sealskinz.com

then check out bicyclerubber.com - we are going to start selling them at great prices sometime soon

Cheers,

bicyclerubber.com

All the rubber your bikes need !
 

JSWin

Active Member
Jul 13, 2015
753
26
18
Wow this one is a good one to know. The bicycle rubber site sounds good. Maybe I'll check that one out.
 

Keyan

Active Member
Jul 7, 2015
368
40
18
I do not have any rain gears when I go out cycling. I love getting soaked in the rain while riding my bike but only for a brief moment. I do not want to catch some flu in the process. I just want to have some fun in the rain.