Best, reasonable cycling shorts?

rclouviere

Apr 10, 2011
Anyone know of some high-quality shorts at a reasonable price? I assume the cheapest buy would be on the internet...

The oldest cycling shorts I own are Canari. Value and durability. Amazon is a good place to look for them. Also Nashbar as previously suggested has a wide variety and covers the entire price range with their selections.

The cheapest cycling shorts are not a good value they are made with fewer panels and thinner padding. You are better off buying mid priced shorts which tend to be of better value offering more panels and thicker padding.

I tend to buy cheap shorts. I can tell within a week if they are suitable or not. If not, I can move up in price. In the end I buy 7 pairs of the shorts that are suitable for me.

One week of single usage. Then wash all the pairs at once. Nice to have enough jerseys and whatever else to allow washing once a week.

Performance Bike has stuff on sale now. Their shorts work well for me up to 100 miles at 20mph. Maybe 3 hours at racing speed.

+1 for Nashbar. I have a few pairs of their 'essential' and 'gel ride' shorts and they work great.

Hi Don't buy shorts anymore, moved on to bib knicks. Best decision I made I reckon in terms of cycling. Andrew

I have two pair of these, which got me through two 7-day tours and a weekend tour (about 850 miles total), plus plenty of shorter rides:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012HN55C

(no affiliation)

Best "reasonably" priced bib shorts IMO are those from Santini when you can find them on sale in the $40-$50 price range.