Best ride recording software

patsbiking

Jul 6, 2014
Hi Folks
Im looking for ride recording software with customizible charts and record recording features.
Brought a new garmin, so need to import data into software, and give better reports than Garmin or Strava. I am wanting to chart Power vs Heart vs Cadance, along with other varibles. Thanks Pat

Garmin Connect has on one of the pages the ability to overlay different aspects of data on top of each other.

I'm almost to the point of writing my own custom program. I've not found anything that I've been happy with, but maybe that's because I'm coming from the world of race car telemetry. Otherwise there are scripts that can convert .tcx and .gpx files into CSV data that can be imported into MS Excel...... then you can do whatever you want with the data.

Have you not looked at WKO+ by TrainingPeaks? I'm guessing that a large percentage of those of us who ride with power use this product. If you want to do more with your ride data, you can download your ride files in a variety of standard formats including CSV and XML. If you have the skills, you can then manipulate the data any way you want. If you want something for free, try Golden Cheetah.

What kind of charts do you want?

WKO and GC give decent options for analysis. Strava (combined with some add-ons like RaceShape) is nice for comparing efforts on regular loops. For a full training log I prefer Sport Tracks.