Best rider of the spring (feb-apr)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kenny, May 2, 2003.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    My top-6 of the best riders this year so far (february - april)

    1. Peter Van Petegem (Flanders, Roubaix)
    2. Paolo Bettini (Milan-Sanremo, Tour Du Meditérrané)
    3. Filippo Pozzato (Trofeo Laiguelia, Tirreno-Adriatico, Tour of the Etna, 21y)
    4. Alexander Vinokourov (Paris-Nice, Amstel Gold Race)
    5. Michael Boogerd (Brabantse Pijl, rode a good Amstel and LBL)
    6. VDB (he's back, rode a good Omloop Het Volk and Flanders, 11th LBL)

    Tags:

  2. Otto

    Otto Guest

    I'd put hamilton above micheal 'they say on my wheel!" boogerd and
    vdb. (mountains jersey at P-N plus a close 2nd in the prologue, 2nd at basque country, L-B-L, and so
    far riding a strong Romandie).

    [email protected] (Kenny) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > My top-6 of the best riders this year so far (february - april)
    >
    > 1. Peter Van Petegem (Flanders, Roubaix)
    > 2. Paolo Bettini (Milan-Sanremo, Tour Du Meditérrané)
    > 3. Filippo Pozzato (Trofeo Laiguelia, Tirreno-Adriatico, Tour of the Etna, 21y)
    > 4. Alexander Vinokourov (Paris-Nice, Amstel Gold Race)
    > 5. Michael Boogerd (Brabantse Pijl, rode a good Amstel and LBL)
    > 6. VDB (he's back, rode a good Omloop Het Volk and Flanders, 11th LBL)

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    [email protected] (Kenny) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > My top-6 of the best riders this year so far (february - april)
    >
    > 1. Peter Van Petegem (Flanders, Roubaix)
    > 2. Paolo Bettini (Milan-Sanremo, Tour Du Meditérrané)
    > 3. Filippo Pozzato (Trofeo Laiguelia, Tirreno-Adriatico, Tour of the Etna, 21y)
    > 4. Alexander Vinokourov (Paris-Nice, Amstel Gold Race)
    > 5. Michael Boogerd (Brabantse Pijl, rode a good Amstel and LBL)
    > 6. VDB (he's back, rode a good Omloop Het Volk and Flanders, 11th LBL)

    Pazzato should be in 4th, Vinokourov in 3rd and VDB shouldn't be on the list at all. Not that I'm
    not glad he's back, but bicycle racing is about results and not looking better after taking a couple
    of years off.