Best Road Cycle?

nitindesai004

Aug 21, 2010
Hey guys I am looking for a new Road cycle as I am moving to a new place. I don't care about the price as long as its of some use to me. Mostly I would be using it for travelling till my office and coming back. One of my friend suggested this "Cannondale CAD-6" but still I would like to have a look at some more of Road bikes before I actually buy one!

nitindesai004 said:
Hey guys I am looking for a new Road cycle as I am moving to a new place. I don't care about the price as long as its of some use to me. Mostly I would be using it for travelling till my office and coming back. One of my friend suggested this "Cannondale CAD-6" but still I would like to have a look at some more of Road bikes before I actually buy one!
FWIW. Well, based on the category you are posting your question in, if you want the BEST, then many would say you should look no further than PINARELLO ... and, use CAMPAGNOLO components.

A Pinarello is too rich for my blood and I just can't get past those curved fork arms & stays ...

Other BETTER-than-most bikes which are available without waiting for a custom builder to cobble a frame together for you are:
COLNAGO
DE ROSA
MERCKX
For a mass-produced, ready-to-ride bike, I would choose a BIANCHI.

GUNNAR frames are a great value amongst steel frames.

Again, the fore mentioned bikes will be better if you choose Campagnolo components, first, and Shimano, second -- I use a blend of the two.

nitindesai004 said:

You won't know until you try one.

I'd find a local bike shop when you arrive, and try a few out. If you're primarily using it for transportation, you might want to opt for a hybrid over a road bike. They're easier to maneuver and more comfortable, and you can load them up with racks, bags, etc.

But, if you'd rather a road bike, I'd recommend something in steel (or composite if you're looking >$2000). Aluminum bikes are pretty harsh and road bike wheels/tires are quite stiff.

You should also ask yourself whether or not you want specific bike shoes that clip in to the pedals. They're great for training and racing, but a nightmare downtown.

Treks do it for me.

4449958662_d5dc3d206d_b.jpg

p1030140l.jpg

3k03m63l95T45W55R5a7q267c5c3026a11801.jpg

motorised%20bike.JPG

Sky Hawk 4GT Kit Specs:-
(1) 4GT transmission assembly.
(2) Adjustable mounting plate to fit most cruiser and v frame bikes.
(3) Wide pedal crank and sprocket.
(4) 415 chain and ball bearing idler.
(5) Throttle and cable.
(6) 2.5 litre tear drop tank.

See video of [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGe4rFX0BLE"]GT1 Cruiser Motorized Bicycle[/ame] in action.

Find out more 2 stroke bike, 4 stroke bike and motorized bicycle at MBB Imports.