best route from ashgrove to murarrie {BNE}

asterope

New Member
Jun 6, 2006
hi all :)

id like to ride to work at LEAST once these uni holidays (which are very quickly running out!) but i cant work out which would be the best way to get there. Ashgrove to Metroplex @ Murarrie. bike paths or road, dont mind either.

and if possible, i would like to avoid that ridiculous round-about coming off junction rd/lytton rd... ive had enough near-misses with *ssholes in trucks and 4WD's on my scooter, plus that graded road wouldnt be very good to ride on either.

any ideas? Thanks muchly in advance :)

asterope said:
hi all :)

id like to ride to work at LEAST once these uni holidays (which are very quickly running out!) but i cant work out which would be the best way to get there. Ashgrove to Metroplex @ Murarrie. bike paths or road, dont mind either.

and if possible, i would like to avoid that ridiculous round-about coming off junction rd/lytton rd... ive had enough near-misses with *ssholes in trucks and 4WD's on my scooter, plus that graded road wouldnt be very good to ride on either.

any ideas? Thanks muchly in advance :)

I'd probably go:
waterworks rd,
countess st,
William Jolly Bridge,
Grey St,
Vulture St,
Wellington Rd,
Wynnum Rd.
If you don't want to go Junction Rd, maybe try Creek Rd instead.

Adam

asterope said:
ive had enough near-misses with *ssholes in trucks and 4WD's on my scooter, plus that graded road wouldnt be very good to ride on either.:)
Another scooter scrubber! Welcome!

Lotte

adam85 wrote:
> asterope Wrote:
> > hi all :)
> >
> > id like to ride to work at LEAST once these uni holidays (which are
> > very quickly running out!) but i cant work out which would be the best
> > way to get there. Ashgrove to Metroplex @ Murarrie. bike paths or road,
> > dont mind either.
> >
> > and if possible, i would like to avoid that ridiculous round-about
> > coming off junction rd/lytton rd... ive had enough near-misses with
> > *ssholes in trucks and 4WD's on my scooter, plus that graded road
> > wouldnt be very good to ride on either.
> >
> > any ideas? Thanks muchly in advance :)

> I'd probably go:
> waterworks rd,
> countess st,
> William Jolly Bridge,
> Grey St,
> Vulture St,
> Wellington Rd,
> Wynnum Rd.
> If you don't want to go Junction Rd, maybe try Creek Rd instead.

Waterworks Rd is good - you have a transit lane 7-9am.

Coming down Countess St can be a bit scary but it's probably less scary
than the alternative which is heading onto Leichardt St/St Pauls
Terrace then down onto the Story Bridge, although once you get used to
the Story Bridge it ain't so bad. From there you get onto Shafston Ave
and then as above, Wynnum Rd.

You could also head down Coopers Camp Rd and then duck onto Simpsons
and through to Boundary St through Bardon and Rosalie (Rainworth Rd
etc), along Coro Dr and up onto the William Jolly Bridge. Or from
Coopers Camp Rd, head for Latrobe Tce, or Fernberg Rd, which will take
you through Paddington and bring you out near Suncorp Stadium.

See, heaps of options!

Tam

hmmm... creek rd sounds like the best way, i get to avoid that round-about.

unfortunately, the transit lane doesnt work in my favour... i start work at 4pm :( though i like to hog it anyways when im riding during the day :D