Best security method for bike left outside gym etc

news.cisco.com

Guest
I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for securing
my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

Thanks

"news.cisco.com" <[email protected]> writes:

> I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for
> securing my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

What's the risk scenario? Do you live in a high crime area? Are you
riding an ultra-light bike that's worth a fortune or an old clunker?
Can you take the bike inside? Do you want the lightest lock you can
get away with or would you be prepared to buy two big hefty locks and
leave one at the gym and the other in the office?

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk/

Get a Brompton and take it inside with you

"Chris Eilbeck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "news.cisco.com" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for
> > securing my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

> What's the risk scenario? Do you live in a high crime area? Are you
> riding an ultra-light bike that's worth a fortune or an old clunker?
> Can you take the bike inside? Do you want the lightest lock you can
> get away with or would you be prepared to buy two big hefty locks and
> leave one at the gym and the other in the office?
>
> Chris
> --
> Chris Eilbeck
> MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk/
> UKRA #1108 Level 2 UYB
> Tripoli UK Member #9527 LSMR

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:01:35 -0000, "news.cisco.com"
<[email protected]> said in <1132765097.283914@sj-nntpcache-5>:

>I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for securing
>my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

For this we have the Brompton, which folds neatly and can be carried
inside to safety :)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:01:35 -0000, "news.cisco.com"
> <[email protected]> said in <1132765097.283914@sj-nntpcache-5>:
>

>>I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for securing
>>my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

> For this we have the Brompton, which folds neatly and can be carried
> inside to safety :)
>
> Guy

I shall be going halves with the taxman on just such a machine.

I will not be sharing it with him though.

"Al C-F" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:01:35 -0000, "news.cisco.com"
>> <[email protected]> said in <1132765097.283914@sj-nntpcache-5>:
>>

>>>I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for
>>>securing
>>>my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

>> For this we have the Brompton, which folds neatly and can be carried
>> inside to safety :)
>>
>> Guy

> I shall be going halves with the taxman on just such a machine.
>
> I will not be sharing it with him though.

Same here, ordered mine yesterday.
Toby

"news.cisco.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for
> securing
> my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?
>
> Thanks

Nice great big Alsation dog, attached to the bike.

:eek:)

ian henden wrote:

> Nice great big Alsation dog, attached to the bike.

Shirley a *nasty* great big Alsation would be more effective...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Peter Clinch twisted the electrons to say:
> ian henden wrote:
> > Nice great big Alsation dog, attached to the bike.

> Shirley a *nasty* great big Alsation would be more effective...

<nods> Maybe they should acquire the Alsation from one of the farms I
deliver mail to -> which is sufficiently psychotic that it has been known
to attack the van!

Alistair Gunn wrote:
> Peter Clinch twisted the electrons to say:
> > ian henden wrote:
> > > Nice great big Alsation dog, attached to the bike.

> > Shirley a *nasty* great big Alsation would be more effective...

> <nods> Maybe they should acquire the Alsation from one of the farms I
> deliver mail to -> which is sufficiently psychotic that it has been known
> to attack the van!

And then there was the person who tied the pit bull to the same post
where I had earlier locked my bike. Luckily I was not in a hurry.
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada