Best So Cal rides

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Garrett, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Garrett

    Garrett Guest

    What are the best Southern California rides? Plese describe them.

    Thanks, Garrett

    Tags:

  2. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    garrett wrote:
    > What are the best Southern California rides? Plese describe them.

    You drive up that canyon, park at the post office, ride down a little road, ride up some single
    track a ways, then ride back down it aways, climb up a road, then down some pavement to the car.

    Or you park near the general store, ride up some pavement and some singletrack, and then ride down
    some alternating buff and rocky singletrack.

    Or the best to me: put my riding gear on, jump on the bike, and ride.

    Greg

  3. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    garrett wrote:
    > What are the best Southern California rides? Plese describe them.
    >
    > Thanks, Garrett

    Er, let's see, that ought to take a few days of typing. Pick a specific area, or go look at
    socamtbr.com or one of the many SoCal mtb sites.

    I like Sycamore Cyn, Horse trails, 3rd tunnel, and suicide. Of course these are the ones I can get
    to in 5 min from my house.

    -Bruce

  4. Garrett

    Garrett Guest

    Ahh yes. Thanks, Steve. I definitely did not check there. (<--SARCASM)

    Let's start again. What are your personal favorite So Cal rides?

    If you do not want to join the newsgroup that is fine, but keep you UNORIGINAL humor to yourself.

    "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m24.aol.com...
    > I find this site the best place to find that sort of thing.
    >
    > http://tulis.dsinet.org/misc/bart.gif
    >
    > Steve

  5. Garrett

    Garrett Guest

    I am in West LA. Where are you?

    "Bruce Edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > garrett wrote:
    > > What are the best Southern California rides? Plese describe them.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Garrett
    > >

    > Er, let's see, that ought to take a few days of typing. Pick a specific area, or go look at
    > socamtbr.com or one of the many SoCal mtb sites.
    >
    > I like Sycamore Cyn, Horse trails, 3rd tunnel, and suicide. Of course these are the ones I can get
    > to in 5 min from my house.
    >
    > -Bruce

  6. Bob Rogers

    Bob Rogers Guest

  7. Garrett

    Garrett Guest

  8. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:41:47 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    Alright Greg here is what I was think when I read your "clues"
    >You drive up that canyon, park at the post office, ride down a little road, ride up some single
    >track a ways, then ride back down it aways, climb up a road, then down some pavement to the car.
    Okay ...SART?

    >Or you park near the general store, ride up some pavement and some singletrack, and then ride down
    >some alternating buff and rocky singletrack.
    Maybe ...Noble?

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  9. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

  10. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:35:39 -0800, garrett wrote:
    > CAUTION. This guy STEVE BAKER is a real jerk.

    And posting the same line repeatedly on different threads is GOOD behavior?

  11. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    garrett wrote:
    > Ahh yes. Thanks, Steve. I definitely did not check there. (<--SARCASM)
    >
    > Let's start again. What are your personal favorite So Cal rides?
    >
    > If you do not want to join the newsgroup that is fine, but keep you UNORIGINAL humor to yourself.

    Yet another humorless top poster. You originally asked for the best ride with no reference for what
    you're looking for. Now you're asking for our personal favorite So Cal rides in an international
    newsgroup. Very rude.

    Greg

    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > m24.aol.com...
    >
    >>I find this site the best place to find that sort of thing.
    >>
    >>http://tulis.dsinet.org/misc/bart.gif
    >>
    >>Steve

  12. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Bob Rogers wrote:
    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > m24.aol.com...
    >
    >>I find this site the best place to find that sort of thing.
    >>
    >>http://tulis.dsinet.org/misc/bart.gif
    >>
    >>Steve
    >

    > Aye carumba dude....lighten up

    Nice, Bob Rogers actually said something productive! What's going on in this world?

    Greg

  13. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Bill Porter wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:41:47 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > Alright Greg here is what I was think when I read your "clues"
    >
    >>You drive up that canyon, park at the post office, ride down a little road, ride up some single
    >>track a ways, then ride back down it aways, climb up a road, then down some pavement to the car.
    >
    > Okay ...SART?
    >

    >>Or you park near the general store, ride up some pavement and some singletrack, and then ride down
    >>some alternating buff and rocky singletrack.
    >
    > Maybe ...Noble?

    Damn, you're good! And I have barely touched foot around Noble having only cut across the top. I was
    just going by memory of other's descriptions.

    Greg

  14. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    BB <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:35:39 -0800, garrett wrote:
    >> CAUTION. This guy STEVE BAKER is a real jerk.
    >
    > And posting the same line repeatedly on different threads is GOOD behavior?

    And top posted too! Garrett, this ain't the way to win converts, my boy. And lighten up, will ya?
    That was the funniest admonition to check Google first that I've ever seen. For those that missed
    it: http://tulis.dsinet.org/misc/bart.gif

    Tom (Google fan)

  15. Brett Jaffee

    Brett Jaffee Guest

    "garrett" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > What are the best Southern California rides? Plese describe them.
    >
    > Thanks, Garrett

    Here is an excellent site for trails in the nothern L.A./Ventura County area. It's got maps and
    descriptions of almost all the trails.

  16. Brett Jaffee

    Brett Jaffee Guest

  17. Jd

    Jd Guest

  18. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:23:00 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Bill Porter wrote:
    >> On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:41:47 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> Alright Greg here is what I was think when I read your "clues"
    >>
    >>>You drive up that canyon, park at the post office, ride down a little road, ride up some single
    >>>track a ways, then ride back down it aways, climb up a road, then down some pavement to the car.
    >>
    >> Okay ...SART?
    >>

    >>>Or you park near the general store, ride up some pavement and some singletrack, and then ride
    >>>down some alternating buff and rocky singletrack.
    >>
    >> Maybe ...Noble?
    >>

    >Damn, you're good! And I have barely touched foot around Noble having only cut across the top. I
    >was just going by memory of other's descriptions.
    >
    >Greg

    I hear the 5-spot is a most excellent bike for Noble ;->

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  19. Bob Rogers

    Bob Rogers Guest

    news:D[email protected]...