Best So Cal rides

garrett wrote:
>> "Best" and "personal favorite" are two entirely different things. Best emplies a consensus, or at
>> least a frame of reference.
>

>> Greg
>>

> Two questions:
>
> 1. Would you post a "best ride" if you did not like it? In other words, would you write the
> following? "Trail X is is the best trail. But I really don't enjoy it."
>
> 2. Are you living in Southern California, or plan to ride there soon? If not, why are you wasting
> your time here? To prove a point?

Against my better judgment, I just re-read most of this thread.

Congrats on learning how to not top-post.

Do you know how big "So Cal" is?!?

Greg, while yearning for a shack in the high desert somewhere, does in fact live in the appropriate
region to address your impossibly vague question.

Garrett's Choice: be defensive, or learn a little about Usenet.

Bill "faux jerk in Baker's absence" S.

garrett wrote:
>>"Best" and "personal favorite" are two entirely different things. Best emplies a consensus, or at
>>least a frame of reference.
>

>>Greg
>>

> Two questions:
>
> 1. Would you post a "best ride" if you did not like it? In other words, would you write the
> following? "Trail X is is the best trail. But I really don't enjoy it."

Dude, I wouldn't post a "best ride" because it might not be a best ride to you. Your original post
appeared to be a typical request for ride suggestions and yet you didn't provide any info on what
you were looking for.

> 2. Are you living in Southern California, or plan to ride there soon?

I've lived in SoCal my whole life and, yes, I do plan to ride here soon.

> If not, why are you wasting your time here?

I'm not wasting my time here. There's a helluva lot more interesting stuff in a.m-b than reading
about SoCal rides.

> To prove a point?

Ummm, no.

Greg

"garrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Best" and "personal favorite" are two entirely different things. Best emplies a consensus, or
> > at least a frame of reference.
>

> > Greg
> >

> Two questions:
>
> 1. Would you post a "best ride" if you did not like it? In other words, would you write the
> following? "Trail X is is the best trail. But I really don't enjoy it."

That's almost as ridiculous as moving to LA any time after 1982. Why would anyone in their right
mind share the goods with an obvious whiner?

> 2. Are you living in Southern California, or plan to ride there soon? If not, why are you wasting
> your time here? To prove a point?

Greg is not an immigrant, especially one that is so offensive as to call California "Cali". Cali is
a city in Colombia, South America. Get it right, tourist.

JD

S o r n i wrote:
> garrett wrote:
>>> "Best" and "personal favorite" are two entirely different things. Best emplies a consensus, or
>>> at least a frame of reference.
>>

>>> Greg
>>>

>> Two questions:
>>
>> 1. Would you post a "best ride" if you did not like it? In other words, would you write the
>> following? "Trail X is is the best trail. But I really don't enjoy it."
>>
>> 2. Are you living in Southern California, or plan to ride there soon? If not, why are you wasting
>> your time here? To prove a point?
>
> Against my better judgment, I just re-read most of this thread.
>
> Congrats on learning how to not top-post.
>
> Do you know how big "So Cal" is?!?

isnt' that everything south of Monterey?

> Greg, while yearning for a shack in the high desert somewhere, does in fact live in the
> appropriate region to address your impossibly vague question.

I thought he lived in Hollyweird.

> Garrett's Choice: be defensive, or learn a little about Usenet.

how about a RR? I'd post one but a) my bike is still at the wrench's house and b) 4 more inches of
snow today.

Penny

S o r n i wrote:
> garrett wrote:
>
>>>"Best" and "personal favorite" are two entirely different things. Best emplies a consensus, or at
>>>least a frame of reference.
>>
>>>Greg
>>>

>>Two questions:
>>
>>1. Would you post a "best ride" if you did not like it? In other words, would you write the
>> following? "Trail X is is the best trail. But I really don't enjoy it."
>>
>>2. Are you living in Southern California, or plan to ride there soon? If not, why are you wasting
>> your time here? To prove a point?
>

> Against my better judgment, I just re-read most of this thread.
>
> Congrats on learning how to not top-post.
>
> Do you know how big "So Cal" is?!?
>
> Greg, while yearning for a shack in the high desert somewhere,

Too funny considering my last post on this thread.

Greg

> > 1. Would you post a "best ride" if you did not like it? In other words, would you write the
> > following? "Trail X is is the best trail. But I
really
> > don't enjoy it."
>
> Dude, I wouldn't post a "best ride" because it might not be a best ride to you. Your original post
> appeared to be a typical request for ride suggestions and yet you didn't provide any info on what
> you were looking
for.

Uh... thanks for your help! You have been wonderful!

I will try to be more specific with my request:

"Attention those willing to have a harmless, simple conversation about places to ride in Southern
California (yes, the whole bottom half of Cali!). For those who wish to pick apart the question and
stray far from it, start a new thread of their own and talk all day about how much they are better
than everyone on these newsgroups while the rest of us are out riding."

Again, thanks for all your help guys, Garrett

garrett wrote:
>>>1. Would you post a "best ride" if you did not like it? In other words, would you write the
>>> following? "Trail X is is the best trail. But I
>
> really
>
>>>don't enjoy it."
>>
>>Dude, I wouldn't post a "best ride" because it might not be a best ride to you. Your original post
>>appeared to be a typical request for ride suggestions and yet you didn't provide any info on what
>>you were looking
>
> for.
>

> Uh... thanks for your help! You have been wonderful!
>
> I will try to be more specific with my request:
>
> "Attention those willing to have a harmless, simple conversation about places to ride in Southern
> California (yes, the whole bottom half of Cali!).

Cali is in Colombia, you moron.

Greg

[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Jonesey says:
>
> ><Wheeler>
> >
> >Nice, but what has that to do with singlespeeding?
> >
> ></Wheeler>
> >

> One blackboard, one f*cking piece of chalk?

Whoosh.

It went right over my head, you jerk. ;)
--
Jonesy

"garrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Brett and Bruce,
>
> Thanks for the help! I just moved to LA from Western PA and i am excited to ride this unfamiliar
> terrain. The reason I said So Cal and not LA is that I have a roof rack and don't mind, well,
> actually enjoy leaving this endless city.
>
> As you can see, I have had a rough start on this newsgroup thing. Semantics, top-posting,
> rudeness, and all.

My goodness, garrett, you really need to get over yourself. You're really not all that important.

BTW, "Cali" is not a place in the U.S.

HTH, and HAND,
--
Jonesy

"garrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> 2. Are you living in Southern California, or plan to ride there soon? If not, why are you wasting
> your time here? To prove a point?

Because, contrary to the evidence, some who post here think it worth their while to attempt to help
by education, stupid, ignorant, small minded, thin skinned little twats like you.

HTH, HAND.

Shaun aRe

garrett wrote:
> "Attention those willing to have a harmless, simple conversation about places to ride in Southern
> California (yes, the whole bottom half of Cali!). For those who wish to pick apart the question
> and stray far from it, start a new thread of their own and talk all day about how much they are
> better than everyone on these newsgroups while the rest of us are out riding."

just curious, are you new to Usenet? On any newsgroup that I know of, with the exception of
moderated Microsoft MVP ones, there is no such thing as a simple harmless conversation that stays on
topic. Like the FAQ suggests, pull up a chair and have a beverage of your choice, relax and enjoy
the party. Think of it as an ongoing conversation out on your back deck, with a cast of characters
coming and going, instead of a question and answer session.

Either that, or post a RR of your favorite best new trail.

Penny S

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 21:42:19 -0800, "garrett"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>places to ride in Southern California (yes, the whole bottom half of
Cali!).

Columbia?

Keep on digging that hole.

> Cali is in Colombia, you moron.
>
> Boring Greg
> --
> "Destroy your boring lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and boring, just
> not to be consumed byboredom..." - The Mekons

It is a common abbreviation you moron.

"garrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Cali is in Colombia, you moron.
> >
> > Boring Greg
> > --
> > "Destroy your boring lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and boring,
> > just not to be consumed byboredom..." - The Mekons
> >

> It is a common abbreviation you moron.

I beg to differ, tourist. The old post office abbreviation before the two character standard was
implemented was "Calif". Your abbreviation is only common to those who think they are being stylish
and/or tourists. Check your encyclopedia, Cali is only a city in Colombia.

JD uber alles

> "garrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "Best" and "personal favorite" are two entirely different things.
Best
> > > emplies a consensus, or at least a frame of reference.
> >

> > > Greg
> > >

> > Two questions:
> >
> > 1. Would you post a "best ride" if you did not like it? In other words, would you write the
> > following? "Trail X is is the best trail. But I
really
> > don't enjoy it."
>
> That's almost as ridiculous as moving to LA any time after 1982. Why would anyone in their right
> mind share the goods with an obvious whiner?
>
> > 2. Are you living in Southern California, or plan to ride there soon?
If
> > not, why are you wasting your time here? To prove a point?
>
> Greg is not an immigrant, especially one that is so offensive as to call California "Cali". Cali
> is a city in Colombia, South America. Get it right, tourist.
>
> JD

Are you looking for alt.discussions.boring.useless?

JD wrote:
> "garrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>>Cali is in Colombia, you moron.
>>>
>>>Boring Greg
>>>--
>>>"Destroy your boring lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and boring,
>>>just not to be consumed byboredom..." - The Mekons
>>>

>>It is a common abbreviation you moron.
>

> I beg to differ, tourist. The old post office abbreviation before the two character standard was
> implemented was "Calif". Your abbreviation is only common to those who think they are being
> stylish and/or tourists. Check your encyclopedia, Cali is only a city in Colombia.

Yes, Cali is usually used by wannabe starlets who end in the **** business because they failed to
make it in the mainstream, or it's used by rap stars. If you wanna be a female **** star or a rap
star I understand. Otherwise, Cali is in Colombia.

Greg

garrett wrote:

>> Are you looking for alt.discussions.boring.useless?

just curious, did you ever actually read the FAQ for this group?