Best spring classic photo?

I say it's the one with Moser and Duclos-LaSalle in Paris Roubaix in
early 80's, going side by side into the wind.

Dang, I gotta find that magazine page cutout that I have of that old
photo and scan it or something!

If anyone has any image they THINK they DARE suggest is better, let's
see it!

--JP

On 2 Apr 2005 16:01:11 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>I say it's the one with Moser and Duclos-LaSalle in Paris Roubaix in
>early 80's, going side by side into the wind.
>
>Dang, I gotta find that magazine page cutout that I have of that old
>photo and scan it or something!
>
>If anyone has any image they THINK they DARE suggest is better, let's
>see it!

http://www.rvv.be/fotos/erik2.jpg

This guy is winning.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

[email protected] wrote:
> I say it's the one with Moser and Duclos-LaSalle in Paris Roubaix in
> early 80's, going side by side into the wind.
>
> Dang, I gotta find that magazine page cutout that I have of that old
> photo and scan it or something!
>
> If anyone has any image they THINK they DARE suggest is better, let's
> see it!
>
> --JP

http://www.fischer-wade.com/classics/

Bret

On 2 Apr 2005 16:01:11 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>I say it's the one with Moser and Duclos-LaSalle in Paris Roubaix in
>early 80's, going side by side into the wind.
>
>Dang, I gotta find that magazine page cutout that I have of that old
>photo and scan it or something!
>
>If anyone has any image they THINK they DARE suggest is better, let's
>see it!
>
>--JP

One of Bernard Hinault, the year he won Roubaix. It was in a cycling
magazine, an article about how he totally hated that race. He
basically thought it was stupid and a big circus but he wanted to win.
He was WC that year. THere's one photo of him tearing along with his
muddy WC jersey and this expression of grim determination on his face;
he'll win if it kills him! Of course he won.

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:10:58 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 01:39:42 GMT, Nev Shea <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>

>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2001/apr01/parisroubaix/FShincapie.shtml

>That was a great race. There was another one, from Cycle sport, of
>Sorenson stuck in the mud and shouting for a push- it was just a sea
>of mud. I think it was Sorenson's last season.

The photo above was from 2001. Sorenson raced professionally at least
into the following year.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com