Best steel hardtail frame

"lunatic fringe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Which is exactly what I did. I have an IF Deluxe ordered.

It would appear that you are in search of post-purchase approval. How lame.

BTW, is your IF Deluxe truly a custom frame? Is it being fabricated specifically for you alone, or
is it a standard size and tubeset that they normally fabricate?

JD

lunatic fringe wrote:

> Opinions please??

Garu Fisher, Gitchee Gummeee

> "lunatic fringe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Opinions please??
>
> Best is custom, like Carl Strong at http://www.strongframes.com because nothing rides as well as a
> bike built specifically for you. Carl and his crew do it right.
>
> Best price point steel hardtail? That's easy, Soma at http://www.somafab.com because they are
> inexpensive and are built to be ridden hard without the usual cookie cutter corner cutting.

Don't forget Seven Cycles, cocksnot.

> "lunatic fringe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Which is exactly what I did. I have an IF Deluxe ordered.
>
> It would appear that you are in search of post-purchase approval. How lame.

It would appear you are post-ing goggle. How lame.

> BTW, is your IF Deluxe truly a custom frame? Is it being fabricated specifically for you alone, or
> is it a standard size and tubeset that they normally fabricate?

BTW, I was measured for the frame. It is being fabricated for me alone.

SPNAK!!

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:17:51 -0500, "lunatic fringe" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Opinions please??

Define best.

:-]

voodoo wrote:
> "Clyde_in_TN" wrote in message
>>Gary Fisher, Gitchee Gummeee
> What year was that from? I can't find it on his site.

I dunno..... maybe 1999 or y2k Really low end group set and rigid fork but a _damned_ tough frame.
My wife ride it (pretty hard especially for a chick ;-) for two years till I upgraded her to a Ti
frame... The GF frame now has a Judy C w/ Egldund Carts and is being thoroughly abused by my
daughter (way tall for her age). If it can stand up the abuses a kid can dole out. If it breaks or
something is not quite right I hear about it....... never a peep o complaint about that bike.

> lunatic fringe lives up to his (her?) name:
>
> >Because I fjucking can, steven
>
> That's no reason, that's a feeble excuse. and it's "Stephen"......

I know it's Stephen., and feeble is teh lame of teh game.

> >I already "know" I picked the right one.
> >

> Then shut up and ride. Or anticipate it's arrival.

I think a 6+ week lead time, but I won't have all my parts by then anyway. I did well to raise
$2,800 in two weeks to get a good start, all the while being unemployed. Thanks ebay.....

> >yay me!! I picked teh right won!!
> >

> See above. And get a spell-chequer ;-)

wats a spill cheker?

deluxe model wrote:

>>Define best.
> Overall.

Best over-alls, that's EASY.. Carhart!

"voodoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > RM Blizzard
> > >

> > > http://www.bikes.com/bikes/2003/frames/frames.aspx
> > >
> > > "lunatic fringe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:eek:[email protected]...
> > > >

> > I'm kinda partial to my Dekerf Team 853.
> >
> Ya got a link? I would love to look at one.

http://www.dekerf.com

news:[email protected]...

> "voodoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >

> > news:[email protected]...

> > > I'm kinda partial to my Dekerf Team 853.
> > >
> > Ya got a link? I would love to look at one.
> >

> http://www.dekerf.com

damn those are nice! i like the roomy cockpit.

> > > don't spill your soup then!
> >

> > Ask him how old he is.
> >
> i'm 41, going on 12.

Yeah, but do you have to gum the soup spoon?
--
Slacker

> > > Ask him how old he is.
> > >
> > i'm 41, going on 12.
>

> Yeah, but do you have to gum the soup spoon?

nah, i still have all my teeth......so far.

lunatic fringe wrote:
> Opinions please??

Hey! Stop it you freaks!

IF Report: My Independent Fabrication Deluxe is 3yrs. old now and the freaking paint still shines
like new. I only use a damp rag and some "Pro-Detailer" to clean and shine it. It's a yellow to
orange fade(orage from mid-seatstays-mid-seatube-mid-downtube down kind of deal) with black decals,
stock size 15.5" frame.

My only suggestion is to make sure you keep the seatpost tube well lubed with bike grease and use
some "Frame Saver" just to keep rust away. Once I had to close my eyes in the surgery roo...I mean,
bike shop during a stuck seatpost operation.

The IF, "Matilda", is now a SS with a dark green rigid fork (can you say: "Rasta Bike Mon?) and I
have a "new" Titus HCR for racing down here in Puerto Rico. Enjoy the frame and say hi to the IF
people for me.

IFJoe

P.S.Hi to Carla, Jimbo, JD, Roger, SCHeckler and the rest of the freaks ;) I ordered the SockGuy
"Freak" socks too! hehehe

"IFJoe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> lunatic fringe wrote:
> > Opinions please??
> >
> Hey! Stop it you freaks!
>
> IF Report: My Independent Fabrication Deluxe is 3yrs. old now and the freaking paint still shines
> like new. I only use a damp rag and some "Pro-Detailer" to clean and shine it. It's a yellow to
> orange fade(orage from mid-seatstays-mid-seatube-mid-downtube down kind of deal) with black
> decals, stock size 15.5" frame.

I ordered mine with the same style mid fade, with metallic green, to black, with the yellow on black
decals. It's either gonna look good, or butt ugly. Of course if it's butt ugly, it'll be a perfect
match for my ugly ass. :)

> My only suggestion is to make sure you keep the seatpost tube well lubed with bike grease and use
> some "Frame Saver" just to keep rust away. Once I had to close my eyes in the surgery roo...I
> mean, bike shop during a stuck seatpost operation.

I plan on it. They make that point on their site, and ran across some problems with my last
steel frame.

> The IF, "Matilda", is now a SS with a dark green rigid fork (can you say: "Rasta Bike Mon?) and I
> have a "new" Titus HCR for racing down here in Puerto Rico. Enjoy the frame and say hi to the IF
> people for me.

Thanks Joe.