Best steel road bike to buy/build for $1500?

Just curious where you found that price? I am looking to get one and would purchase one at that price. Please let me know. Also does any one have any word on the 2012 Vigorelli colors?

2 words...
Surly Pacer.

People don;t comment about Bianchi bikes, but Surly bikes turn heads, have great qualitry, and are COOL!

Chris Thuemmel said:
2 words... Surly Pacer. People don;t comment about Bianchi bikes, but Surly bikes turn heads, have great qualitry, and are COOL!
People don't comment about Bianchi bikes? This is news.

Originally Posted by ProdigalCyclist .

I just got back in to riding (after about 15 years) and the saddle I chose was the Selle Italia Flite... because I knew it would work, because that's what I used when I used to race 15+ years ago. The thing killed me for the first week or so... but I just rode 40 miles on Sat and 60 miles on Sunday this past weekend and the LAST thing I was worried about was my saddle. I suffered a bit on Sunday =) but my saddle felt fine.
I replaced my Arione with a 1990 edition Flite a few weeks ago, and I'm kicking myself for not getting one 20 years ago. A sweet saddle right from the first mile.

You can buy 30 CCM 50 dollar used bikes for 1500 dollars. That's a lot of bikes to choose from.

to build a bike for [COLOR= rgb(85, 85, 85)] $1500..[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(85, 85, 85)]that y[/COLOR]ou can choose your favorite parts,[COLOR= rgb(85, 85, 85)] [/COLOR]Materials can be titanium, aluminum, carbon fiber, steel or the other.

At the same time the size you can choose what you want ,just like the 510 frme or 700c wheels or 650b wheels