Best Stock Bike

For a newbie - I recommend the Specialized Sequoia Sport. You get a lot of bike for $800.

Does anybody knows about Corratec bikes? I have 2 of them and they are really good. Some guys call them the german colnagos. the prices are really low and the quality is super.

www.corratec.de

BR

froque

Probably TCR team composite. Although it is out of the reach of my finances it still inspires me to save that bit harder for my next rig. Not the best looking (not far off though) but possibly one of the lightest bikes avaliable, and from all reports pretty stiff aswell, exactly what i look for in a bike (and Jan will be riding one this yr!) Can't go past it really.

Originally posted by lokstah
Hmmm... well, the only consideration that makes sense in this thread is style. We all know that each of these companies can churn out an equally great bike, especially if we're not taking cost into consideration. No, it's style points we're talking about here.

I vote DeRosa. By the way... why's Scott up there with Trek and Specialized, but not Klein? Who rides Scott?

I took the same approach and went for Colnago - they also have the most Flash-laden website - that has to count for something!

Originally posted by froque
Does anybody knows about Corratec bikes? I have 2 of them and they are really good. Some guys call them the german colnagos. the prices are really low and the quality is super.

www.corratec.de

BR

froque

I love the RaceTech Carbon Flight! Full Dura Ace, under 16 lbs and a compact geometry carbon frame. Now, where can I get 6,000 Euros ($ 7,500)...

Klein Q Pro? I don't know - this is a strange question to me b/c I've always been an equipment geek, and felt like there is NO good stock bike.

The best bike is built up from a frame, brakes, shifters, derailleurs, bar, crank, pedal, reflectors (just kidding), wheels, hubs, tires, seat and post, etc. that each represents the quality/weight/style combination your after.

And each on is probably from a different manufacturer to be max-cool!!!

kirkryder said:
Try LeMond - ever evolving technology with history and hand made "stock" process. While owned by Trek - they still enjoy the freedom to be thier own brand and the ride is a good as it gets.
I would like to try a LeMond if it had a different name on it. I grew up idolizing this guy just to find out he's a sore losser. No more respect from me. LANCE ROCKS RIDE TREK.

Cruzzer08 said:
I would like to try a LeMond if it had a different name on it. I grew up idolizing this guy just to find out he's a sore losser. No more respect from me. LANCE ROCKS RIDE TREK.

But Trek owns Lemond bikes.... :p

never ridden most of those brands
from the bikes i have ridden I absolutely love my Moser, haven't met another person with one but it's an outstanding quality bike!

I'm probably biased just because I own one, but for about $800 (I'm a 15 year old kid, I don't have a lot of money) a Specialized Allez Sport is a great bike, and I have one, so my vote is for Specialized.

dhk said:
Klein was omitted from the list because they are too slow to deliver on custom orders....sorry, couldn't pass that up!

Is your bike getting close now? I know what it's like...
Klein=Trek

If someone were to offer to give me the top of the line frame from any one of the companies you list I would probably go Colnago or Look.

If I could have any one- I would go with a Seven Ti- I don't see that they made the list, but at seven grand-I think it'll be a while

Cheers