Best Stock Bike

I don't know who to vote for since Felt is not on the list :)

Maybe I'll throw my vote for Specialized since I can't vote for Felt.
Oh...wait a minute I also like Lemond and Orbea

Telegram Sam said:
If I could have any one- I would go with a Seven Ti- I don't see that they made the list, but at seven grand-I think it'll be a while

Cheers

I'll take a 7 Ti any day. Pure art in motion. $$$$ -- and a moots for the trail.

A lot of companies are making really incredible bikes now. My personal favorite is the Giant Composite TCR. Its the first bike Ive owned in which I could find absolutely nothing I would change about it. As a shop owner, professional bike wrench, and professional cycling coach, its the single best road bike I have ever ridden. This list includes Colnago C-40, Titanium Litespeeds, De Rosa, Pinarellos, Lemonds (owned 2 and loved them as well), and about 15 others. So far, this is the top of the heap. I cant wait to see what technology brings next. www.the-bike-shop.com/training

I have a Cannondale CAAD4 with D/A components and wishing I get a new bike for the Christmas. And it seems like I’m the only one who likes Cervelo. You should check out the website. www.cervelo.com

Oh boy… It’s worth it.

Pinarello Dogma

I ran over a 3" branch pretty fast at the bottom of a hill that was washed up after a rainstorm. It felt like I hit a pothole at first a experienced a huge jolt. I saw the whole frame flex and take the shock. I couldn't believe I didn't go down and eat the pavement. My friend behind thought I would of wiped out for sure. I couldn't believe the frame was still MINT. The Ksyrium SL was fine, just needed a small true, the tire was the only thing that was toast with a big bubble in it.
The frame is underrated as it is relatively unknown except that Fassa Bortolo uses it. I paid about $3100 for the frame which fairly high but any of my previous bikes would of been wrecked either by the impact or inevitable wipeout.

I had my choice of a few Lemond bikes and a few Trek bikes for the money I had (I was gettign a good deal). I chose the Trek 1200, the flare and brushed aluminum just looked way better than the boring LeMond style. A little fashion goes a long way.

I choose a Trek 1500, one of the guys on my team has a Trek Madone 5.9 that is painted dull gray. The 1500 has US Postal colors on it and it looks so much better, it also has a carbon seatpost for 2005.

gerardbjr said:
oops - I now see that quite a few others did mention orbea. sorry.
I have just purchased a new 2005 Orbea "Leige" with Campy Centaur. I looked long and hard for a bike just right for me and in the end I could not go past the Orbea. So far it has been unreal.

Overlooked value bikes makers that I am thinking of buying are Cervelo, BMC, and Orbea. Anybody have any experience with Cervelo or BMC? Any horror stories? I'd like to know how owners have felt about those two brands - specifically the Cervelo R2.5 Chorus and the BMC Road Racer SL01.

By the way, if I picked a bike purely based on beauty, then it would be a Pinarello or an Opera.

(((((0))))) said:
I'll take a 7 Ti any day. Pure art in motion. $$$$ -- and a moots for the trail.
Wahoooooooo! I just fulfilled a long term objective.
I got my first Ti frame, a Serotta Legend.

Buh Bye Aluminum, Hello Ti...

gerardbjr said:
Overlooked value bikes makers that I am thinking of buying are Cervelo, BMC, and Orbea. Anybody have any experience with Cervelo or BMC? Any horror stories? I'd like to know how owners have felt about those two brands - specifically the Cervelo R2.5 Chorus and the BMC Road Racer SL01.

By the way, if I picked a bike purely based on beauty, then it would be a Pinarello or an Opera.

I have friends on both. Ride Scott Cr1 myself. The BMC (2004 team frame) is the most purebred racer I´ve ridden along with Principia Rex pro. Very very very stiff great handling. If you are a non competing rider I would not get it as it is not a very comfortable ride, this is fully made up by it´s other characteristics. Cervelo are also great bikes. You cant go wrong with either. If it´s a tt bike youre getting get the cervelo p3.

FELT,FELT,FELT; Particularly the FELT-F10R 2003yr. They don't make them anymore, but all of the FELT bikes are great prices and parts spec is always amazingly well done. The bikes are great.

bikeshop said:
A lot of companies are making really incredible bikes now. My personal favorite is the Giant Composite TCR. Its the first bike Ive owned in which I could find absolutely nothing I would change about it. As a shop owner, professional bike wrench, and professional cycling coach, its the single best road bike I have ever ridden. This list includes Colnago C-40, Titanium Litespeeds, De Rosa, Pinarellos, Lemonds (owned 2 and loved them as well), and about 15 others. So far, this is the top of the heap. I cant wait to see what technology brings next. www.the-bike-shop.com/training
Agree with that - I have one as well and think it is great - and awesome value. Just lacks street cred, if that is important.

froque said:
Does anybody knows about Corratec bikes? I have 2 of them and they are really good. Some guys call them the german colnagos. the prices are really low and the quality is super.

www.corratec.de

BR

froque
Can I find it in Perth?:confused: