Best Stock Bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by king-compass, Jan 21, 2004.

1. POGATA

POGATA New Member

2. jwnrw

jwnrw New Member

I just purchased a Sequoia from my LBS a week ago and absolutely love it. I wanted to spend around $800 CDN, but really wanted a $1000 CDN bike if I could find one - I was lucky enough to find a 2006 new Sequoia for $850 CDN - which worked fine for me :)

3. padawan

padawan New Member

OK. I'll bite.

I too am surprised that Cervelo didn't make your list. They are one of the few Pro Peloton bike sponsors that don't make "special versions" for their top pros (i.e. Specialized costom making frames for TB and PB). Cervelo even provides their "entry level" (if you can call it that) aluminum Solist for Team CSC's satagiaires. I'm not saying Cervelo bike are perect for everyone but they are a top notch piece of bicycle engineering - bar none.

With money being no object, I'd have hoards of bicycles (I only have 4 right now) but one of them would definitely be a Carbon Soloist SL and another would defintely be the R3.

Just my opinion. ;)

4. Armenian

Armenian New Member

I have Trek and love it but I lust after Cervelos as well:)

5. Armenian

Armenian New Member

There was a Felt at my LBS on sale 07 left over and what turned me off was the ugly welds all over the place.I just thought it was cheaply done.

6. RussB

RussB New Member

love my 2006 Trek Pilot 2.1 spa

7. Hideandwatch

Hideandwatch New Member

Im a newbie to cycling and the bike I was introduced to is Specialized. I know very little about Specialized, and nothing about any other bike other than there are some really pricey ones on the market (and some of the pricey ones are Specialized). I started out on a Specialized Allez, which I was told was an entry level bike. I then bought a Specialized Crossroads for lesiure rides (Katy trail). My wife started out on a Giant OC3 and traded hers in on a Specialized Dolce Elite. I traded my Allez in on an Allez Elite in March. So, since I ride and have ridden Specialized that is my choice, right, wrong or indifferent.

8. FreeHueco

FreeHueco New Member

I'll go with Orbea as well... IMHO, the make the best looking bikes out there.If I can find an Orbea track bike, that will be my next bike. :)