Best time of day to go cycling

I think that the best time to go cycling is in the early morning. For me, in any case, it helps me you wake up and I feel that I have more energy throughout the day after I've cycled in the morning. However, I cycle in the morning mostly because my schedule only allows me to cycle during that time. So my actual answer would be that you should cycle when it's most convenient for you, and when you are stressed out the least. That will make the ride much more enjoyable and much more fulfilling.

For a beginner, the best time would be preferably in the afternoon when there's less traffic on our roads. Since the beginner isn't well experienced in hitting the road, clear roads will offer the best environment for one to horn one's skills.

The best time of day to go cycling is when you feel inspired and free, when you want to feel the breeze blowing through your hair and hollar at the top of your lungs while the ground flows past you. Or, less poeticly, when its dry, you're well nourished, happy, conscious and healthy! :)

My favorite time is early during the morning, when the weather is still relatively cool. I don't particularly enjoy riding during sweltering heat as that is both discomforting and tiring. Therefore I avoid riding during the mid-afternoon, especially during the summer months. Also when it's raining is another time I avoid to cycle.

I love riding around town in the early hours of the morning. Just something about being completly alone and free to cycle at my own pace while taking in the sights is just beautiful. I've cycled just as the sun was coming up too a few times and that was a pretty nice feeling, especially on a Sunday morning when nothings about. Any other day and the traffic starts to build up as people go about the start of their days.

The best time has to be at night, early morning like I said but I did have a wonderful ride one August evening when I took a short ride on the road at the back of my old house. At the time the sun was setting & there were some clouds around so it added to the atmosphere. The road curves around and runs alongside a pond on one side & marshy fields the other side. On the pond side the sun was just below the horizon & everything was cast in a black shadow against an orange/yellow sky with the tops of some distant houses & a church shilouetted against the skyline. I took a picture of the scene on my phone but have long since lost the picture which is a great shame.

Anytime you are free mostly on weekends. You need not to go cycling for the whole day but instead get 2 or 3 hours. You can go cycling in the morning if have the time. If you feel tired and discouraged, you can join your friends and you will enjoy cycling.

Usually early morning hours are best because of body circadian rhythms, this usually means around 6am...however I do not obey that reasoning because that would mean I would have to get up at 4 am, eat, wait about 20 minutes or so, go ride the bike in the dark, get home, shower and change clothes and get to work before 7 am; so I ride either after I get home or if I commute to work by bike I just ride a long way home when I leave work, it's more convenient for me.

yes, I agree with Froze that the morning time is much better to do cycling if you are living in a area which gets crowded after 8 AM or so.. Also, try to do cycling with a cycling partner as he/she will boost your confidence and will teach you basic cycling skills you were unaware off.

There are series of factors that you should consider when we talk about the best time of the day that you want to ride. First is the time schedule of your daily activities such as work, academics and otherwise. You really need to ride when it shouldn't be affecting the other activities that you have for the day.

For instance, I go to work by 9am every day, so what I normally do is to ride from 5am till 7am while I rush back to prepare for work and that has been my routine for sometime now. Moreover, I am the type of person that enjoys riding at night, so I wouldn't say for much whether it's a good time to ride or not.

I'd say early in the morning when the weather is clear. It's safer when the road is dry and the winds aren't too strong, it's not too hot which make you feel more tired easily, there are fewer cars to deal with, and other people are still asleep or exercising themselves so you don't get as many bad looks when you're a beginner.

Well that depends on your daily schedule. To me, mornings are the perfect ones, but just because I live in a tropical country, where you can have almost 90 F at noon, so early mornings are a must. I would love to do evening/night cycling, but unfortunately is not a good idea over here, drivers and traffic are insane, and thieves are a menace too. Just try to avoid rainy times, you don't want to mess with wet roads if you're a newbie.

Early in the morning for me too. There are fewer cars on the road on where I live during that time. It is also not that warm yet because the sun hasn't risen that up yet. For those who have work in the morning or afternoon, it is a good exercise in that schedule before going to work. This is a great way to jump-start your day.

Personally, I prefer to go on cycling at twilight time. It just feels like very calm and cool. There's a certain place here in my country where we can enjoy on cycling while seeing the sun setting down. It really feels good and I like how it makes my mind relax for a while. It is a good way of conditioning your mind for the next day too.