Best training books for a racer

yash

Jul 22, 2003
Hi!

I am MTB racer and want to MAXimize effects of my hard work.
Can't afford a coach. So I want to buy a really good training book. I consider buying Joe Friel's MTBiker's Training Bible, Ned Overend's MTB like a Pro or CC Ultimate Ride.
I already have CC Performance Program, a good book, but I wasn't delighted. It doesn't seem to be good for experienced riders - they'll know most of things mentioned.
I also need some technique tips - swiched from road 2y ago, somtimes have some problems on rough terrain.
Did you read these books? Do you think they'll be a good buy fora guy like me? Or maybe you know other, better ones? Thanks for any help

yash

If its MTB handling tips you're looking for, Ned Overend's book is a good choice. He has some interesting drills to improve your skills.

For general training programs etc, Joe Friel's training bible is the one (get the road book, not the mtb one, as the road book seems to be a newer edition).

Originally posted by MidBunchLurker
If its MTB handling tips you're looking for, Ned Overend's book is a good choice. He has some interesting drills to improve your skills.

For general training programs etc, Joe Friel's training bible is the one (get the road book, not the mtb one, as the road book seems to be a newer edition).

Thank you!
What is exacly the difference between MTB and Road training bible? It's a bit strange, but You and some people who've bought it at Amazon say that the Road is maybe better for MTBiker than the MTB one. But such things happen.
Did you read both?

Thank you!
What is exacly the difference between MTB and Road training bible? It's a bit strange, but You and some people who've bought it at Amazon say that the Road is maybe better for MTBiker than the MTB one. But such things happen.
Did you read both?

I haven't read the MTB version, but comments on Amazon pointed me to the road version. If the MTB version had been a new edition I might have gotten that, but I haven't been disappointed with the road version.