Best training for one - two minute hills

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Woogoogle, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Woogoogle

    Woogoogle Guest

    OK, one - two minute hill intervals, but what kind of rest period between, what kind of pattern of
    interval/rest/repeat, longer rest, how many repeats to start with and build up to? Just going over
    my training diary from the past season and pinpointing a specific weakness.

    Tags:

  2. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (WooGoogle) wrote:

    > OK, one - two minute hill intervals, but what kind of rest period between, what kind of pattern of
    > interval/rest/repeat, longer rest, how many repeats to start with and build up to? Just going over
    > my training diary from the past season and pinpointing a specific weakness.

    Two minute hills? Full power all the way over the top (not to the top but over the top by about 100
    meters or so). Recovery time is how long it takes you to go back down the hill and turn around to go
    at it again. ;-)

    Get a copy of Friel's book. He covers all the principles behind interval training and has some
    excellent interval workouts.