best tyres?

Lee

Guest
Whats the best tyre to get for a hybrid bike?
Ive got avanti illusion bike
thanks

Brent <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Ideal" <ideal'nospam'@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Duro Sierra 'Puncture Protection' 700x35c, all black with reflective
>> sidewalls. rated upto 73psi . Cost effective quality at just 25.00each .
>> Made in Taiwan . http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tyre8fy.jpg
>> We send Australiwide for $60pair
>> Steve
>> www.idealcycles.com
>>

> LOL. Yeah, they're the best.....

Well "Brent" that was constructive. Tell us in you *most* humble
opinion, what the best of the best are then?

--
..dt

Lee said:
Whats the best tyre to get for a hybrid bike?
Ive got avanti illusion bike
thanks
Well, I'm no expert, but my 5 year old hybrid has had Kenda Kwest tyres ever since I wheeled it out of the shop. In all that time, and what must be quite a few 1000s of kms it has only ever had *two* punctures. I'm pretty easy on tyres, but even so they show few signs of wear. The bike got a fair run at commuting, touring, shopping, and camping before retiring to occasional commute, when it doubles as pack-horse, and shopping bike. Almost all of the kms would have been carrying panniers.

Don't know if they're the 'best', but they've been great!

ali

We could stick a German/French/Italian name on the side , ship it halfway
around the world , sponsor a pro cycling team , take out full page ads in
magazines & call it a $59.95 tyre if you like :)

Steve
www.idealcycles.com

Does anyone know anything about the cheap ($11.99) road bike tyres on
special at the moment at torpedo7.com?

(Specifically with regard to puncturing, wear and grip in the wet...)

Travis

I was cycling on the road and picked up a stanley knife blade that sliced
thru tyre and left a 2 cm hole.
Could not believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee <[email protected]> wrote:
> I was cycling on the road and picked up a stanley knife blade that sliced
> thru tyre and left a 2 cm hole.
> Could not believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you aren't likely to find any bike tyre that will save you from
that. I wouldn't expect it's something that will happen very often.

On average I have a puncture every 2000km. That's riding on paved
surfaces only.

--
..dt