Best Tyres

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Peter Rollason, Feb 16, 2003.

  1. Anbody any thoughts on the best tyres for a road bike - I only tend to do short rides - so will
    sacrifice comfort for speed .

    Ideally I would like them to be red and have thought of the following:-

    Panracer Straduis

    Fortzetta Tricomp

    Any thoughts

    Pete.

    Tags:

  2. Critusa

    Critusa Guest

    you might want to look at the Michelin Pro IRONMAN-700 x 23-black/red

    Danny

  3. I stalked up on Vittoria Action Pro $20 at Nashbar, not a bad price. Not the best tire but not the
    worst, 120tpi, hi pressure. My tires get cut up too quickly to spend 60 dollars per tire. my 2cents
    "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anbody any thoughts on the best tyres for a road bike - I only tend to do short rides - so will
    > sacrifice comfort for speed .
    >
    > Ideally I would like them to be red and have thought of the following:-
    >
    > Panracer Straduis
    >
    > Fortzetta Tricomp
    >
    > Any thoughts
    >
    > Pete.

  4. lisated

    lisated Guest

    "Eric Shanabrook" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I stalked up on Vittoria Action Pro $20 at Nashbar,

    Heh, heh. And did it say "EEK!" when it noticed you?

    --
    Ted Bennett Portland OR

  5. Russell

    Russell Guest

    "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anbody any thoughts on the best tyres for a road bike - I only tend to do short rides - so will
    > sacrifice comfort for speed .

    I think that's a falacy myself, that comfort = loss of speed. IMO, at least with regards to road
    tires, wider (within reason) is always better. In other words, a 25mm tire is faster, not
    slower, that a
    19mm. When you are more confident with the rubber that's meeting the road, you ride faster. Skinny
    tires make me feel uneasy, and they are damn uncomfortable too.

    I'd be more concerned with the durability of the casing and tread, and to a lesser extent, the ride
    feel and weight.

  6. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    Veloflex Pave or for really fast tyres Record

    http://www.veloflex.it/

    Peter

    "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Anbody any thoughts on the best tyres for a road bike - I only tend to
    do
    > > short rides - so will sacrifice comfort for speed .
    >
    > I think that's a falacy myself, that comfort = loss of speed. IMO, at least with regards to road
    > tires, wider (within reason) is always better. In other words, a 25mm tire is faster, not
    > slower, that a
    > 19mm. When you are more confident with the rubber that's meeting the road, you ride faster. Skinny
    > tires make me feel uneasy, and they are damn uncomfortable too.
    >
    > I'd be more concerned with the durability of the casing and tread, and to a lesser extent, the
    > ride feel and weight.

  7. "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anbody any thoughts on the best tyres for a road bike - I only tend to do short rides - so will
    > sacrifice comfort for speed .
    >
    > Ideally I would like them to be red and have thought of the following:-
    >
    > Panracer Straduis
    >
    > Fortzetta Tricomp
    >
    > Any thoughts
    >
    > Pete.

    Pete Veloflex Pave 22c come in Red. Beautiful tyres, about 20 quid each. Try Parker International or
    Ribble. Regards