Best Tyres

Peter Rollason

Guest
Anbody any thoughts on the best tyres for a road bike - I only tend to do short rides - so will
sacrifice comfort for speed .

Ideally I would like them to be red and have thought of the following:-

Panracer Straduis

Fortzetta Tricomp

Any thoughts

Pete.

you might want to look at the Michelin Pro IRONMAN-700 x 23-black/red

Danny

I stalked up on Vittoria Action Pro $20 at Nashbar, not a bad price. Not the best tire but not the
worst, 120tpi, hi pressure. My tires get cut up too quickly to spend 60 dollars per tire. my 2cents
news:[email protected]...

"Eric Shanabrook" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I stalked up on Vittoria Action Pro $20 at Nashbar,

Heh, heh. And did it say "EEK!" when it noticed you?

--
Ted Bennett Portland OR

"Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Anbody any thoughts on the best tyres for a road bike - I only tend to do short rides - so will
> sacrifice comfort for speed .

I think that's a falacy myself, that comfort = loss of speed. IMO, at least with regards to road
tires, wider (within reason) is always better. In other words, a 25mm tire is faster, not
slower, that a
19mm. When you are more confident with the rubber that's meeting the road, you ride faster. Skinny
tires make me feel uneasy, and they are damn uncomfortable too.

I'd be more concerned with the durability of the casing and tread, and to a lesser extent, the ride
feel and weight.

Veloflex Pave or for really fast tyres Record

http://www.veloflex.it/

Peter

"Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Anbody any thoughts on the best tyres for a road bike - I only tend to
do
> > short rides - so will sacrifice comfort for speed .
>
> I think that's a falacy myself, that comfort = loss of speed. IMO, at least with regards to road
> tires, wider (within reason) is always better. In other words, a 25mm tire is faster, not
> slower, that a
> 19mm. When you are more confident with the rubber that's meeting the road, you ride faster. Skinny
> tires make me feel uneasy, and they are damn uncomfortable too.
>
> I'd be more concerned with the durability of the casing and tread, and to a lesser extent, the
> ride feel and weight.

"Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Anbody any thoughts on the best tyres for a road bike - I only tend to do short rides - so will
> sacrifice comfort for speed .
>
> Ideally I would like them to be red and have thought of the following:-
>
> Panracer Straduis
>
> Fortzetta Tricomp
>
> Any thoughts
>
> Pete.

Pete Veloflex Pave 22c come in Red. Beautiful tyres, about 20 quid each. Try Parker International or
Ribble. Regards