Best. (US) Tour. Coverage. Ever.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Mrbob, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrbob

    Mrbob Guest

    In addition to this being the most exciting tour (to my tastes) since '89, I'm still amazed by how
    good the OLN coverage has been. While today's stage didn't have 'the look' or Ullrich off-roading,
    the level of excitement up the last climb was spectacular.

    Viva La Tour.

    Bob
     
    Tags:


  2. In article <[email protected]>, MrBob
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In addition to this being the most exciting tour (to my tastes) since '89, I'm still amazed by how
    > good the OLN coverage has been. While today's stage didn't have 'the look' or Ullrich off-roading,
    > the level of excitement up the last climb was spectacular.

    It didn't need the look. It had Ullrich coming within a half-minute of yellow after his
    successful attack.

    The fight for the yellow jersey has begun in earnest. I'm rooting for Daddy Yo-Yo, but he's in the
    hardest fight he's seen in years. Should be a few great days of racing now.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club
     
  3. P. Hardewig

    P. Hardewig Guest

    "MrBob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In addition to this being the most exciting tour (to my tastes) since '89, I'm still amazed by how
    > good the OLN coverage has been. While today's stage didn't have 'the look' or Ullrich off-roading,
    > the level of excitement up the last climb was spectacular.
    >
    > Viva La Tour.
    >
    > Bob

    I envy you guys who get OLN on their CATV system! Don't have it here in SW Ohio (as well as pro
    sports). Thanks to the live audio feed on the 'net, I wouldn't let myself out of earshot for the
    last 45 minutes of today's stage!

    Pat
     
  4. Daniel Lieb

    Daniel Lieb Guest

    Pat: I have OLN for the first time this year, it will come to your system sooner or later. If it
    makes you feel any better, we ALL will be in your shoes when Jan makes his move tomorrow morning and
    CBS won't let OLN show it live.

    Dan

    "P. Hardewig

    > "MrBob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > In addition to this being the most exciting tour (to my tastes) since '89, I'm still amazed by
    > > how good the OLN coverage has been. While today's stage didn't have 'the look' or Ullrich
    > > off-roading, the level of excitement up the last climb was spectacular.
    > >
    > > Viva La Tour.
    > >
    > > Bob
    >
    > I envy you guys who get OLN on their CATV system! Don't have it here in SW Ohio (as well as pro
    > sports). Thanks to the live audio feed on the 'net, I wouldn't let myself out of earshot for the
    > last 45 minutes of today's stage!
    >
    > Pat
     
  5. J999w

    J999w Guest

    >I envy you guys who get OLN on their CATV system! Don't have it here in SW Ohio (as well as pro
    >sports). Thanks to the live audio feed on the 'net, I wouldn't let myself out of earshot for the
    >last 45 minutes of today's stage!
    >
    >Pat

    You can get it anywhere in the lower 48, including while out camping via Direct TV.

    Believe me, well worth the $ !!

    jw milwaukee
     
  6. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    Daniel Lieb wrote:
    >
    > Pat: I have OLN for the first time this year, it will come to your system sooner or later.

    Hopefully by 2004. CBS will probably buy it after that and show 90 minutes of rider profiles and
    travelogues each week.
     
  7. Mrbob

    Mrbob Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    David Ryan <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Daniel Lieb wrote:
    > >
    > > Pat: I have OLN for the first time this year, it will come to your system sooner or later.
    >
    > Hopefully by 2004. CBS will probably buy it after that and show 90 minutes of rider profiles and
    > travelogues each week.

    Barf.
     
  8. Kill your TV.

    MrBob wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > David Ryan <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Daniel Lieb wrote:
    >>
    >>>Pat: I have OLN for the first time this year, it will come to your system sooner or later.
    >>
    >>Hopefully by 2004. CBS will probably buy it after that and show 90 minutes of rider profiles and
    >>travelogues each week.
    >
    >
    > Barf.
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...