best v-brake value.....

cc wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>> never
>>>>
>>> ------------
>>> Damn it! That's what they always say in rbr. I know about those little
>>> crits, they're stupid, usually dumbasses come from out of town, ride an
>>> hour, and then talk about it for 3 hours. Someone, finally got
>>> killed on
>>> one, when they didn't close the course. I watched one once, saw them
>>> come
>>> around a third time, and said this is stupid, let's get out of here.
>>>

>> Can I pay you to go away? I find you incredibly annoying. I think
>> it's the way you write in addition to your constant useless dribble.
>> You are even worse than that Stanford a$$.
>>

> The collective insecurity and small-man syndrome of this group is
> appalling, yet I can't turn away ... kind of like a car accident.
>
> Thanks for the thought though, Sprinkler. I can't decide whether I'm
> disappointed not to be the worst or offended by the comparison to this
> dbag. In any case it's about as much difference as if it hangs to the
> left or right.
>
> cc

Hee hee! Like Pavlov's dog.

The Aussies I worked for a few years back had a little saying they'd
blurt out whilst (they used that word a lot) wetting the baby's head
(another term they used):

"If it hangs to left, the chin has a cleft. If it hangs to the right,
the bird's in sight."

You figure it out, lefty.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> Can I pay you to go away? I find you incredibly annoying. I think it's
> the way you write in addition to your constant useless dribble. You are
> even worse than that Stanford a$$.

----------
I find your name annoying. You mean you ride a lot around the block, the
ubiquitous plastic grocery bag hanging from the handlebar type of riding? I
haven't really seen much to see any different. But I'm a new member to your
friendly club so maybe you'll educate me.

> Road races are not crits, crits are not road races.
>
> > Do you ever ride bikes, or do you just pose by them?

> Been around bicycles and bicycle racing most of my life. I have been
> known to pose with a few. I ride now and then, been know to do the
> occasional 12 or 24 hour event ... even a few double doubles. I have
> also built and worked on bikes for both Rick Bozeat and Jim Elliott. I
> am sure you have know idea who they are, but you can always use
> google ... here's a hint they know Pete.
>
> > Do you live in the inner city?

> Nope, never have. Although, I did coach at an "inner city" high school
> for several years. What's your point?

=======
Crits are an example of man taking a tool, and inventing something utterly
stupid to do with it. They're a demolition derby, that involves nothing but
drafting and turning. They are much longer here, because it is very hard to
find a loop so small out here, where they can close the course (less laps).
Unless you want to run it on the track at some high school football field.
Europeons laugh at them, but sometimes send their riders here if they have
trouble riding comfortably in packs, or have trouble turning. The type of
riding I do, I may initiate a turn once every two hours, and I don't draft,
so they are useless for what I want to do. Also the bikes I have now, don't
have the trail you need, for quick turning, they're longer wheelbase, the
type that if you nod off a little you don't immediately go into the ditch.
Now the 24 hour events do interest me, the solo of course, not team. I was
thinking about doing one of those, but I'll have to start cracking on
learning mtb. The only mtb guy I know of, is this character named Tinker
that did RAAM. He did a very respectable job, but his recovery wasn't so
good. Kind of the problem I have also. More of a 24 hour guy, give it all
you got in one day, and then go to bed. 30 minute naps every 6 hours, and
then keep going for a week+ I could tell wasn't his cup of tea. I'll never
forget when I was in a 750 mile event, I was riding next to this guy, doing
the normal *****ing, and this guy said, "this isn't so bad, I ran in an
event that was 700 miles long, the longest running event in the world. And
look, we're on bicycles." It didn't seem so far, after he said that. BTW,
he's now deceased, you guessed it, heart attack age 42.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
>> Can I pay you to go away? I find you incredibly annoying. I think it's
>> the way you write in addition to your constant useless dribble. You are
>> even worse than that Stanford a$$.
>>

> ----------
> I find your name annoying. You mean you ride a lot around the block, the
> ubiquitous plastic grocery bag hanging from the handlebar type of riding? I
> haven't really seen much to see any different. But I'm a new member to your
> friendly club so maybe you'll educate me.

Really? Try Google, it might enlighten you.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> > Road races are not crits, crits are not road races.
> >
> > > Do you ever ride bikes, or do you just pose by them?

> > Been around bicycles and bicycle racing most of my life. I have been
> > known to pose with a few. I ride now and then, been know to do the
> > occasional 12 or 24 hour event ... even a few double doubles. I have
> > also built and worked on bikes for both Rick Bozeat and Jim Elliott. I
> > am sure you have know idea who they are, but you can always use
> > google ... here's a hint they know Pete.
> >
> > > Do you live in the inner city?

> > Nope, never have. Although, I did coach at an "inner city" high school
> > for several years. What's your point?

> =======
> Crits are an example of man taking a tool, and inventing something utterly
> stupid to do with it. They're a demolition derby, that involves nothing

but
> drafting and turning. They are much longer here, because it is very hard

> find a loop so small out here, where they can close the course (less

laps).
> Unless you want to run it on the track at some high school football field.
> Europeons laugh at them, but sometimes send their riders here if they have
> trouble riding comfortably in packs, or have trouble turning. The type of
> riding I do, I may initiate a turn once every two hours, and I don't

draft,
> so they are useless for what I want to do. Also the bikes I have now,

don't
> have the trail you need, for quick turning, they're longer wheelbase, the
> type that if you nod off a little you don't immediately go into the ditch.
> Now the 24 hour events do interest me, the solo of course, not team. I

was
> thinking about doing one of those, but I'll have to start cracking on
> learning mtb. The only mtb guy I know of, is this character named Tinker
> that did RAAM. He did a very respectable job, but his recovery wasn't so
> good. Kind of the problem I have also. More of a 24 hour guy, give it

all
> you got in one day, and then go to bed. 30 minute naps every 6 hours, and
> then keep going for a week+ I could tell wasn't his cup of tea. I'll

never
> forget when I was in a 750 mile event, I was riding next to this guy,

doing
> the normal *****ing, and this guy said, "this isn't so bad, I ran in an
> event that was 700 miles long, the longest running event in the world.

And
> look, we're on bicycles." It didn't seem so far, after he said that.

BTW,
> he's now deceased, you guessed it, heart attack age 42.

--------------
I googled to try to find out what running event that guy was talking
about, and it's called the Sri Chimnoy, no wonder I couldn't remember the
name. I think he lied to me, or I heard him wrong as he did the easy 700
mile run, as they also have a 1000 mile run and a 1300 mile run, and some
further googling now they've got a 3100 mile run, which I think is a new
one. That's 2 marathons a day for 51 days, a true ass-kicker.

On Jun 19, 6:00 pm, "Crescentius Vespasianus" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > Nah we are use to self-aggrandizing gas bags who tend toward
> > exageration with almost every statement.

> > BTW since you are such an accomplished Ultra rider, why don't you
> > start naming names. Instead of posting "I was once at this event," put
> > up the name of the event and how you finished. Then maybe someone
> > around hear would give a rats ass about what you have to say. As of
> > right now you are just another usenet tool, with a 5200 gathering dust
> > in his garage.

> ============
> My mama told me never to brag, about competitive events.
> ============> > Their attacks are sometime ferocious, maybe ultracyclists have
> > > more in common with mtb folk?

> > If by that you mean that few ppl in this group race than over at
> > rbr ..... then you might be correct.

> > > It's hard for me to think that an 80 mile
> > > crit, <snip>

> > And there you go again ... Do you have any idea how rare a criterium
> > of 80 miles is? Durations are more in the realm of 25 to 50 miles or 1
> > hour to 90 minutes. Criteriums over 75 miles are so rare it is hard
> > for most ppl to imagine.

> -----------------
> You gotta be kidding, that's an mtb race (25-50) around here. I've never
> been in a road race less than 70 miles. That's why I quit doing them, it
> seems all you do is drive to them and drive back with a sprinkle of riding
> in between. Do you ever ride bikes, or do you just pose by them? Do you
> live in the inner city?

I do. Have you fixed your brake yet?

PS: Here in the inner city, crits tend to be shorter than "regular"
road races.

/s

On Jun 20, 8:57 am, Ride-A-Lot <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
> Callistus Valerius wrote:
> >> Can I pay you to go away? I find you incredibly annoying. I think it's
> >> the way you write in addition to your constant useless dribble. You are
> >> even worse than that Stanford a$$.

> > ----------
> > I find your name annoying. You mean you ride a lot around the block, the
> > ubiquitous plastic grocery bag hanging from the handlebar type of riding? I
> > haven't really seen much to see any different. But I'm a new member to your
> > friendly club so maybe you'll educate me.

> Really? Try Google, it might enlighten you.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

Crescentius, you'll have to excuse Ride-A-Lot. With only eight years
of MTBing, he's still got that newbie, proselytizer's indignation.

So you're planning on using your 29er for long-distance events.
Finally, a bit of "intended use" information you neglected to add to
your initial condemnation of the pro-26" bike industry cabal (before I
stopped reading, anyway).

Would you care to add some more info, like, say, your weight? Your
height? Are these long rides going to be closed-course race type
events or, say, touring?

/s

PS: Ever take a lifeguard instruction course? The instructor always
says that the most dangerous part of the rescue is the flailing
rescuee.

> Crits are an example of man taking a tool, and inventing something utterly
> stupid to do with it. They're a demolition derby, that involves nothing
> but
> drafting and turning. They are much longer here, because it is very hard
> find a loop so small out here, where they can close the course (less
> laps).
> Unless you want to run it on the track at some high school football field.
> Europeons laugh at them, but sometimes send their riders here if they have
> trouble riding comfortably in packs, or have trouble turning. The type of
> riding I do, I may initiate a turn once every two hours, and I don't
> draft,
> so they are useless for what I want to do. Also the bikes I have now,
> don't
> have the trail you need, for quick turning, they're longer wheelbase, the
> type that if you nod off a little you don't immediately go into the ditch.
> Now the 24 hour events do interest me, the solo of course, not team.

Very telling. You don't like working on a team because you're an anti-social
*****?

Greg
--
Ticketbastard tax tracker:
http://ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

On Jun 20, 5:09 am, "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > Road races are not crits, crits are not road races.

> > > Do you ever ride bikes, or do you just pose by them?

> > Been around bicycles and bicycle racing most of my life. I have been
> > known to pose with a few. I ride now and then, been know to do the
> > occasional 12 or 24 hour event ... even a few double doubles. I have
> > also built and worked on bikes for both Rick Bozeat and Jim Elliott. I
> > am sure you have know idea who they are, but you can always use
> > google ... here's a hint they know Pete.

> > > Do you live in the inner city?

> > Nope, never have. Although, I did coach at an "inner city" high school
> > for several years. What's your point?

> =======
> Crits are an example of man taking a tool,

And you are an example of a man being a tool.

> They're a demolition derby, that involves nothing but
> drafting and turning.

Lord helps a type of racing that takes speed and skill.

>They are much longer here, because it is very hard to
> find a loop so small out here, where they can close the course (less laps).

Then it is a circuit race or a kermesse ... but not a crit. But why do
you have to back up your ignorance with another lie? You live in
southern AZ ... where? Florence? Tucson? probably not Phoenix. But
what ever ... the A's race for the Phoenix Criterium Series was 45 to
50 minutes. The McDowell Mountain Regional Park
Circuit Race was 90 minutes for the pro,1,2 field. The ASU Sun Devil
Criterium is held on a .5 mile course. The Swiss American Criterium
Race in Peoria was on a .5 mile course.

> Unless you want to run it on the track at some high school football field.

Or on a 13 turn Kart track ... like the other series in Southern AZ.

> Europeons laugh at them, but sometimes send their riders here if they have
> trouble riding comfortably in packs, or have trouble turning. The type of
> riding I do, I may initiate a turn once every two hours, and I don't draft,
> so they are useless for what I want to do.

Who asked that question? You said that the "Crits" in your area are
~80 miles. I said you were full of it ... and now you are trying to
duck another question.

>Also the bikes I have now, don't
> have the trail you need, for quick turning, they're longer wheelbase, the
> type that if you nod off a little you don't immediately go into the ditch.

Like that Trek 5200?

> Now the 24 hour events do interest me, the solo of course,

Me too I do several 12 and 24 hour events each year. Finally, some MTB
information .... which ones were you planning on doing?

> I'll never forget when I was in a 750 mile event,

Ok ... was this in North America? You know that there are only about a
half a dozen 1200 km Brevets in the US and Canada each year. Come
on ... cough it up just the year and the event ... a RUSA number ...
and the qualifying brevets for that year would be nice as well.

>I was riding next to this guy, doing
> the normal *****ing, and this guy said, "this isn't so bad, I ran in an
> event that was 700 miles long, the longest running event in the world.

Why do you throw stories like this in. It is fairly well accepted that
the Sri Chinmoy 3,100 Mile Race is the worlds longest ultra.

> And look, we're on bicycles." It didn't seem so far, after he said that. BTW,
> he's now deceased, you guessed it, heart attack age 42.

Bully, and what was the underlying cause of said "heart attack?"

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
>>> -----------------
>>> You gotta be kidding, that's an mtb race (25-50) around here. I've

> never
>>> been in a road race less than 70 miles. That's why I quit doing them,

> it
>>> seems all you do is drive to them and drive back with a sprinkle of

> riding
>>> in between. Do you ever ride bikes, or do you just pose by them? Do

> you
>>> live in the inner city?
>>>

>> If I race, I usually ride my bike to it. Makes it hard to forget stuff
>> I'd need as well. They typically range from 12-30 Miles which wouldn't
>> be much on the road, but a good course designer can make a very
>> challenging course within these distances.
>>
>> Matt

> ---------------
> I never have much for racing, I'm more of an adventure guy. Nothing against
> racing, but in road, it isn't a question if you will go to the hospital, but
> of when. I went once, and that blew my budget that year, so that was it for
> me. Good thing about long distance is no drafting, which is the cause of
> most accidents. I even felt bad one time when a guys tire popped in the
> pace line in front of me, he went down, the guy in front of me braked, then
> I braked, and 3 guys went down behind me, after the lead guy hit my rear
> tire. Not my fault, but I just hated being part of that ****. They have a
> 100 mile mtb race here, and couple of 60 milers, that I'd like to do, but
> first I have to learn the skills, with the right bike. I don't want to do
> the technical stuff, just the long stuff, with lights, stuff I'm familiar
> with on how to train for it, and what to eat, etc.

I've never done a road race and don't really have the desire to. I just
do the occasional local community MTB race and they are fun. The guys
who design the courses know how to make a really good technical course
with some real lung busting climbs in them. It gives me a chance to
smoke some of the guys who drop me on the road when the going gets
rough. Of course some of the other guys who drop me on the road are even
better off road so I just don't even see those guys during the event.
Unless it's a crit. Good times.
The one 24 Hr. race I've done had some very technical sections. They
were very challenging at 3:00 am - the lights really change how the
terrain looks compared to daylight. So brush up on those skills. You
will probably need them. Also, get good at falling. A good faller can
get back on and keep going when a bad one is stuck looking for their
teeth or trying to stop the bleeding. It will hopefully teach you a
little humility too, unless you are too old of a dog to learn that trick.

Matt

> Why do you throw stories like this in. It is fairly well accepted that
> the Sri Chinmoy 3,100 Mile Race is the worlds longest ultra.

--------------
I didn't know what the hell it was, he lied to me, he did the easy 700
miler. But it sounded like a long running event when you're trying to do
the same distance on a bike. There was this old fart that was telling me he
did 6 day running events, and even holds a record in England. I could
google it, but I don't really know **** about it, all I know was he was the
fastest old fart I've ever seen on a bike.
--------------

> > And look, we're on bicycles." It didn't seem so far, after he said

that. BTW,
> > he's now deceased, you guessed it, heart attack age 42.

> Bully, and what was the underlying cause of said "heart attack?"

---------------
They had an autopsy, but they never released the results publically. But
they did say he did die of a heart attack. The runner next to him, said his
body just froze, and he went down. Runners immediately tried CPR, but it
was of no use. He was only a couple hundred yards from the finish line, and
I'm guessing he was giving it all he had, and looking at his time on the
watch, red-lined and it was lights out. He was not casually jogging, and
drop, it was a full out sprint, the end of a marathon.
------------------
My Trek 5200 has been reduced to a commuter bike, quick steering on avoiding
cars, and all the hazards of city riding.

> > You gotta be kidding, that's an mtb race (25-50) around here. I've

never
> > been in a road race less than 70 miles. That's why I quit doing them,

it
> > seems all you do is drive to them and drive back with a sprinkle of

riding
> > in between. Do you ever ride bikes, or do you just pose by them? Do

you
> > live in the inner city?

> I do. Have you fixed your brake yet?
>
> PS: Here in the inner city, crits tend to be shorter than "regular"
> road races.
>
> /s

------------
I'm gonna get to it, riding isn't the only thing I do, but thanks for some
ideas. Little did I know that when I mentioned the "29er" that it would
cause such a firestorm. I'm kind of afraid to show up for my first mtb
event with a "29er" now. Will they come after me like "Dawn of the Dead"?
I really thought these had been accepted by now in the mtb community. It's
like bents in long distance, I don't like them myself, think they are
dangerous (visibility), but if that's what someone wants to use, why should
I be critical.

> So you're planning on using your 29er for long-distance events.
> Finally, a bit of "intended use" information you neglected to add to
> your initial condemnation of the pro-26" bike industry cabal (before I
> stopped reading, anyway).
>
> Would you care to add some more info, like, say, your weight? Your
> height? Are these long rides going to be closed-course race type
> events or, say, touring?
>
> /s
>
> PS: Ever take a lifeguard instruction course? The instructor always
> says that the most dangerous part of the rescue is the flailing
> rescuee.

--------------
I weigh 165, 6' tall. I really haven't researched the mtb events yet, I've
seen them advertised, so when I figure out what's going on, then I'll post
it. But like I said, the technical stuff doesn't interest me, just
traveling mtb style. The 100 miler is I think a loop into the mountains
requiring lights, on all kinds of trails and fire roads I assume. I hiked
in that area years ago. That one is a race. Interested in doing the
Arizona trail, that goes from Utah to the Mexican border, I guess you would
call that a tour. Read a travelogue of a couple of guys who did it, and it
didn't sound too easy. Their equipment I thought wasn't that well thought
out for going a distance like that, but some people like to travel light.
So that's why I thought the dreaded 29er would be the ideal bike for my
purposes.

On Jun 20, 3:32 pm, "Crescentius Vespasianus" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> I weigh 165, 6' tall.

Just as I suspected. A skinny little windbag know-it-all, just like
the humpy little cc *****. You can go now, douchebaggus.

JD

On Jun 20, 3:58 pm, "Crescentius Vespasianus" <[email protected]>
wrote:

If you are going to snip my responses, and not even try to answer my
questions, the least you can do is note that you snipped the response.

<snipped section replaced>

> Crits are an example of man taking a tool,

And you are an example of a man being a tool.

> They're a demolition derby, that involves nothing but
> drafting and turning.

Lord help us a type of racing that takes speed and skill.

>They are much longer here, because it is very hard to
> find a loop so small out here, where they can close the course (less laps).

Then it is a circuit race or a kermesse ... but not a crit. But why do
you have to back up your ignorance with another lie? You live in
southern AZ ... where? Florence? Tucson? probably not Phoenix. But
what ever ... the A's race for the Phoenix Criterium Series was 45 to
50 minutes. The McDowell Mountain Regional Park
Circuit Race was 90 minutes for the pro,1,2 field. The ASU Sun Devil
Criterium is held on a .5 mile course. The Swiss American Criterium
Race in Peoria was on a .5 mile course.

> Unless you want to run it on the track at some high school football field.

Or on a 13 turn Kart track ... like the other series in Southern AZ.

<snip inserted>

> Now the 24 hour events do interest me, the solo of course,

Me too I do several 12 and 24 hour events each year. Finally, some MTB
information .... which ones were you planning on doing?

> I'll never forget when I was in a 750 mile event,

Ok ... was this in North America? You know that there are only about a
half a dozen 1200 km Brevets in the US and Canada each year. Come
on ... cough it up just the year and the event ... a RUSA number ...
and the qualifying brevets for that year would be nice as well.

>I was riding next to this guy, doing
> the normal *****ing, and this guy said, "this isn't so bad, I ran in an
> event that was 700 miles long, the longest running event in the world.

> > Why do you throw stories like this in. It is fairly well accepted that
> > the Sri Chinmoy 3,100 Mile Race is the worlds longest ultra.

> --------------
> I didn't know what the hell it was, he lied to me, he did the easy 700
> miler. But it sounded like a long running event when you're trying to do
> the same distance on a bike. There was this old fart that was telling me he
> did 6 day running events, and even holds a record in England. I could
> google it, but I don't really know **** about it, all I know was he was the
> fastest old fart I've ever seen on a bike.
> --------------

Put up a name and place ...

> > > And look, we're on bicycles." It didn't seem so far, after he said

> that. BTW,
> > > he's now deceased, you guessed it, heart attack age 42.

> > Bully, and what was the underlying cause of said "heart attack?"

> ---------------
> They had an autopsy, but they never released the results publically. But
> they did say he did die of a heart attack. The runner next to him, said his
> body just froze, and he went down. Runners immediately tried CPR, but it
> was of no use. He was only a couple hundred yards from the finish line, and
> I'm guessing he was giving it all he had, and looking at his time on the
> watch, red-lined and it was lights out. He was not casually jogging, and
> drop, it was a full out sprint, the end of a marathon.

Put up a name and place ... all of this would be public record,
including the autopsy report.

> My Trek 5200 has been reduced to a commuter bike, quick steering on avoiding
> cars, and all the hazards of city riding.

Great so what are you riding now.

And what 29'er did you decide on?

I also noticed you didn't answer the question of "which endurance MTB
races were you planning on doing?"

On Jun 20, 4:05 pm, "Crescentius Vespasianus" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > > You gotta be kidding, that's an mtb race (25-50) around here. I've

> never
> > > been in a road race less than 70 miles. That's why I quit doing them,

> it
> > > seems all you do is drive to them and drive back with a sprinkle of

> riding
> > > in between. Do you ever ride bikes, or do you just pose by them? Do

> you
> > > live in the inner city?

> > I do. Have you fixed your brake yet?

> > PS: Here in the inner city, crits tend to be shorter than "regular"
> > road races.

> > /s

> ------------
> I'm gonna get to it, riding isn't the only thing I do, but thanks for some
> ideas. Little did I know that when I mentioned the "29er" that it would
> cause such a firestorm.

Your "mention" was an unqualified rant about some "conspiracy" between
Trek and Specialized to stomp out 29er's. You did so without even
knowing that both companies produce 29'ers. The firestorm is over you
being an know-nothing gas bag ... not over 29er's.

> I'm kind of afraid to show up for my first mtb
> event with a "29er" now.

Why don't you just go back to blowing Kunich. You aren't ever going to
do an endurance mountain bike race, and if you do you won't have the
balls to point to the results.

>Will they come after me like "Dawn of the Dead"?

One can only hope

> I really thought these had been accepted by now in the mtb community.

They have ...

> It's like bents in long distance, I don't like them myself, think they are
> dangerous (visibility), but if that's what someone wants to use, why should
> I be critical.

It is just like that, but bent riders don't stroll in and tell
everyone how bents are the answer to everyone riding style. Nor do
they rant that Sun, EasyRacer, GreenSpeed, and Bacchetta are working
together to keep the benefits of recumbents hidden.

> I've never done a road race and don't really have the desire to. I just
> do the occasional local community MTB race and they are fun. The guys
> who design the courses know how to make a really good technical course
> with some real lung busting climbs in them. It gives me a chance to
> smoke some of the guys who drop me on the road when the going gets
> rough. Of course some of the other guys who drop me on the road are even
> better off road so I just don't even see those guys during the event.
> Unless it's a crit. Good times.
> The one 24 Hr. race I've done had some very technical sections. They
> were very challenging at 3:00 am - the lights really change how the
> terrain looks compared to daylight. So brush up on those skills. You
> will probably need them. Also, get good at falling. A good faller can
> get back on and keep going when a bad one is stuck looking for their
> teeth or trying to stop the bleeding. It will hopefully teach you a
> little humility too, unless you are too old of a dog to learn that trick.
>
> Matt

------------
Falling? I heard of that, but is that because of the competition, or
because of the course? Also in long distance road, we use LED lights that
are usually powered by 4 AA batteries, two on the bar, and one LED helmet
light, powered by 3 AAA batteries, is that good enough for mtb? Obviously
we don't carry rechargeble batteries since we ride all night, and it's kind
of hard to recharge a battery at 2am in the middle of no where. We usually
use lithium disposable batteries due to the minimal weight. When the lights
go dim pop out the batteries and put new ones in. Maybe you have the same
routine, don't know. It does sound a lot more difficult since you don't
have a white line to follow, but at least no high beams from on coming cars
that wash out everything. Humility is part of riding, no matter what kind
you do, so I'm kind of use to it. Everyone on the road knows they are
just one text messenging teenager, away from oblivion, so humility is the
rule. One time I overheard a couple riders talking about how they set up
their wills, before taking the ride we were on. I have one set up too, but
never told anyone. You never know, I could have a heart attack.

> Put up a name and place ...
> > ---------------

> Put up a name and place ... all of this would be public record,
> including the autopsy report.
>
> > My Trek 5200 has been reduced to a commuter bike, quick steering on

avoiding
> > cars, and all the hazards of city riding.

> Great so what are you riding now.
>
> And what 29'er did you decide on?
>
> I also noticed you didn't answer the question of "which endurance MTB
> races were you planning on doing?"

------------
You crack me up, you talk of crits on go-kart tracks, and 1/2 mile courses
and you want to comment about them? It might be true, and so you've opened
my eyes to how ridiculous it can all get.

Out of respect of the departed I will not reveal his name. But he was very
real, I searched like hell on-line for the autopsy report, and it is not
on-line. I'm sure it's public, maybe you can contact his family, but I
don't want his name dragged through a usenet flame war.

Why on earth would you want to know what my current ride is? I'll give the
standard rbr answer, "it doesn't matter."

Clever, how you want to turn the 29er against me, but I can say I have made
a decision, probably not a very informed (obviously) or good decision (will
find out), but I was limited by funds available, and selection. But it will
be a 29er hardtail with disc brakes, 9 speed shimano something, aluminum,
mediocre shock and it's an ugly color. But I think I'm gonna love it!

Oh which races, I'll have to look them up. I've only been at this gig for a
week. I don't know any mtb people, only road people. I've heard of the 24
hour mtb races, but it depends on the course, obviously if it's real hard,
you won't see a beginner on it. But first, I have to start riding to see
what I can do and can't do. Once I do that, I will start researching the
races, and course descriptions, and then I'll post them.

BTW, I've also begun ultramarathon running training, and my shoes are Asics,
luv 'em!

> Very telling. You don't like working on a team because you're an
anti-social
> *****?

-----------
No, because what I heard is that mtb teams spend most of their time getting
ripped, and if I wanted to do that I'd rather do it at home or at a bar, not
sitting on some dirt pile. If you deny that, then I'd have to call you a
liar.

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:00:15 -0700, Callistus Valerius
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Very telling. You don't like working on a team because you're an

> anti-social
>> *****?

> No, because what I heard is that mtb teams spend most of their time
> getting
> ripped, and if I wanted to do that I'd rather do it at home or at a bar,
> not
> sitting on some dirt pile. If you deny that, then I'd have to call you a
> liar.

MIkey, is that you?
--
Slack