Best way to get pressed cloths to work unwrinkled?

Jul 16, 2004
I ride a track bike with a front brake so panniers are out of the question. Just bought a Oakley OAKLEY - Hardshell Backpack that has plenty of room in it but thinking I need some kind of retangular 4" deep tupperware or similar box to put folded dress shirt and pressed pants in.

Any suggestions or tips on what you have done to handle this aspect of commuting?

I use to put clothes in my trailer.

Now, I carry them to work in car, ride next day...take home in saddles, bring clothes to work, ride next day...and so on.

You could put clothes in small clothes carrier, fold over bike buggie down.

Catrike #116 said:
I use to put clothes in my trailer.

Now, I carry them to work in car, ride next day...take home in saddles, bring clothes to work, ride next day...and so on.

You could put clothes in small clothes carrier, fold over bike buggie down.
I commute every day, and find most clothes are happy to keep themselves nice in my panniers if I first fold them out flat, then roll them tightly in a towel. Bundle the lot into a plastic bag to keep it all nice and tight and unroll at the office.

I saw someone earlier this week with his suit shirt on a hanger flapping happily hooked to the top of his backpack. I hope no-one drove through a puddle anywhere near him :)

ali

I use my over the shoulder delivery bag and place my folded clothes on a table. Then I roll my clothes up so they look like tubes and place them carefully inside the bag. Something about rolling everything up, keeps them unwrinkled. My shoes go at the bottom and shirts on top. Another alternative is to take four pressed shirts to work on friday when i drive the car to work. Fridays are always bad traffic days and I need a break before riding hard on the weekend.

nextlevelmentor said:
I ride a track bike with a front brake so panniers are out of the question. Just bought a Oakley OAKLEY - Hardshell Backpack that has plenty of room in it but thinking I need some kind of retangular 4" deep tupperware or similar box to put folded dress shirt and pressed pants in.

Any suggestions or tips on what you have done to handle this aspect of commuting?

Just like nextlevelmentor, I use a hardcase... www.boblbee.com

During monsoon season, its the way mucho waterproof OS pacdesign or the large timbuktu messenger.