Best way to Increase Heart Stroke Volume

mac_220

Nov 14, 2003
Hi All,

I am hoping i might be able to get some advice. I have read a number of articles and books on training etc and am slightly comfused about the training intensity/heart rate and type of sessiones one should perform to increase heart stroke volume. Does anyone have any links, pointers or information they could give me about this?

Many thanks

Mark

mac_220 said:
Hi All,

I am hoping i might be able to get some advice. I have read a number of articles and books on training etc and am slightly comfused about the training intensity/heart rate and type of sessiones one should perform to increase heart stroke volume. Does anyone have any links, pointers or information they could give me about this?

Many thanks

Mark
Mac_220,
The most effective training intensity for increasing stroke volume is one that elicits your VO2max: a combination of your individual MAP and intervals of ~3-5min long. Stroke volume can be significantly effected by intensities that are somewhat above and below VO2max/MAP as well, but to what degree will depend on your training status, the recovery intervals you use, etc.
Here is a chart for reference: note that at RST, our Z6 is equivalent to the individual MAP and as such will have the greatest effect on stroke volume.
http://www.cyclecoach.com/articles/?article=Power_Guidelines&ext=.htm

Smartt/RST said:
Mac_220,
The most effective training intensity for increasing stroke volume is one that elicits your VO2max: a combination of your individual MAP and intervals of ~3-5min long. Stroke volume can be significantly effected by intensities that are somewhat above and below VO2max/MAP as well, but to what degree will depend on your training status, the recovery intervals you use, etc.
Here is a chart for reference: note that at RST, our Z6 is equivalent to the individual MAP and as such will have the greatest effect on stroke volume.
http://www.cyclecoach.com/articles/?article=Power_Guidelines&ext=.htm

Thanks for the response,

Regards,

Mark