Best way to lead de breakaway??

Emp

Mar 14, 2008
hmmm.....i am juz a recreational cyclist ;) i ma curious how u guys do the breakaway v the best result in a race...... :D :D

Breaking away is easy, staying away is the hard part. I tried it twice, felt easy to get away but I soon realised I wasn't strong enough to stay out by myself. It was fun trying.

Jumping on the back of 2 or 3 others who are breaking away is probably an easier way to go about it.

In a nutshell, ride faster than the rest of the pack and try and take them by surprise.

emp it depends on the race situation and on the riders you are in the breakaway with. Anyway, usually making double-line is a good choice (and, most important, it reduces slowing wind effects); but if the escapees have different capabilities, a single-line is preferrable (a stronger rider will pull the breakaway for more TIME, not faster). If you're weak, you just move on the front for 3-4 seconds, like in a double-line situation.

yeah yeah man.....i went to a mini race 1 month ago......it was only about 15 participant......54km road race.....i was sticking to a guy who is behind the mini peloton going to da front line to pull....i followed him well.....i was tired and desperate becoz of da sprint.....he keep calling me to pull.....i refused.....at last he went fury and stop pedalling....i was forced to be in front.....juz after a U-turn.....ery1 was picking up....in front was a slope.....i press up to the top of the slope......went left and right(zig zag style).....the road is wide.....at the moment i hope can break myself away....but....the end is....i did not make it.....and oppositely.....i dropped myself from them.... :( :(