Best way to set this up...?

RetFor

Oct 13, 2012
ok, so i decided to get one of the nomorflats and give it a try. since its rated for 1.75 to 1.95, i figured id get a new 1.75 tire too, since i needed one anyway and that would give it a tighter fit which should work better, id think. (and my old tires were 1.95.) my original plan was to put those on the back, since that gets more wear and is more prone to flats since theres more weight on it.

on thinking about it, though, im not so sure thats the best way to go. heres what ive got to work with:

new basic 1.95 tire
new anti-puncture 1.75
nomorflats rated 1.75-1.95
regular tube 1.75-1.95
tire liners

since the 1.75 tire is better quality, with some anti-puncture tech, im thinking that maybe it would be better for the front since i wont need to worry about flats at all in the back with the nomorflats. that with a liner and a regular tube in the front should be pretty impenetrable, although in the back id still worry about pinch flats. but then id have the 1.95 tire in the back with the nomorflats, which might not be as efficient since the fit might not be as tight. although i could add a liner there too, just to take up some space.

the other option is to do as originally planned and put the 1.75 in the back with the nomorflats for max efficiency, and hopefully the 1.95 in the front with a liner should still prevent most flats.

or a different combo?

what would you recommend?

thanks.

What do you mean a tighter fit?

meaning if theres a bit of space between the nomorflats and the tire, its not going to grip as well and it may not be as efficient in the transfer of energy from the rim to the tire.

i decided to give the nomorflats a try in the 1.95 tire to start, since the other tire didnt arrive yet anyway. took it out for a spin and it seemed to do good. i got 2 mph less on waze vs what ive gotten in the past, but its been a while since i checked that, other issues may be affecting performance as well. it felt about as fast as its been performing lately...

gonna leave it like this for now unless someone thinks it would definitely be better the other way....

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
meaning if theres a bit of space between the nomorflats and the tire, its not going to grip as well and it may not be as efficient in the transfer of energy from the rim to the tire.

i decided to give the nomorflats a try in the 1.95 tire to start, since the other tire didnt arrive yet anyway. took it out for a spin and it seemed to do good. i got 2 mph less on waze vs what ive gotten in the past, but its been a while since i checked that, other issues may be affecting performance as well. it felt about as fast as its been performing lately...

gonna leave it like this for now unless someone thinks it would definitely be better the other way....

Ah OK! I was thinking nomorflats were the tires but they are the tubes. Never heard of them. :D

Ah OK! I was thinking nomorflats were the tires but they are the tubes. Never heard of them. :D

yeah, its an airless tube, so that you cant get a flat. it goes inside a regular tire, as opposed to being a full tire replacement like some other airless options.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz