Best way to store a MB

elchenuk

Jun 23, 2004
I'll be going away for quite a while in a few weeks so will be needing to store my bikes. What is the best way to store them? I have seen friends keeping their bikes upright hanging by the front wheel, is this ok? It seems to put a lot pressure on the wheel hub.

elchenuk said:
I'll be going away for quite a while in a few weeks so will be needing to store my bikes. What is the best way to store them? I have seen friends keeping their bikes upright hanging by the front wheel, is this ok? It seems to put a lot pressure on the wheel hub.

Do not hang them upside down,or on one of those wall hooks because it will affect the oil in your fork,best way is to store it suspended in it's normal position (horizontal) or on the ground (again horizontal) on one of those racks that holds the front wheel (or rear) but do not make the mistake of hanging it up the wall (inside your fork there is oil that can run past the top seals so when you go to ride your pride and joy guess what...? your fork is drained of most of it's oil,it will eventually go back but by then you can ruin the fork :( ).
Dan :)