Best wedge bag for Brooks B17?

Michael

Guest
I'm looking for a little wedge type bag, a 'micro' wedge, I suppose, to fit under my Brooks B17. The
nice little bags I've found that have mounting clips, etc. don't seem to fit the rails of the B17
(tried a Cannondale pouch and a Topeak wedge). I want something small enough to hold just a tube, a
small tool, and a credit card.

Is there anything small that attaches to the loops at the back of the saddle?

TIA Michael

Michael <[email protected]> writes:

> I'm looking for a little wedge type bag, a 'micro' wedge, I suppose, to fit under my Brooks B17.
> The nice little bags I've found that have mounting clips, etc. don't seem to fit the rails of the
> B17 (tried a Cannondale pouch and a Topeak wedge). I want something small enough to hold just a
> tube, a small tool, and a credit card.
>
> Is there anything small that attaches to the loops at the back of the saddle?
>
> TIA Michael

Most wedges I've used have straps to attach to the saddle. I use a Performance MacroWedge with my
B17, but their MicroWedge attaches in the same way:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/large_photo.cfm?SKU=14682&Store=Bike

I've got a MicroWedge from REI that fits on the B17 as well. As long as you stay away from the
mounting kits and go with straps you should be fine.

Sam

In article <060620031346309363%[email protected]>, Michael
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm looking for a little wedge type bag, a 'micro' wedge, I suppose, to fit under my Brooks B17.
> The nice little bags I've found that have mounting clips, etc. don't seem to fit the rails of the
> B17 (tried a Cannondale pouch and a Topeak wedge). I want something small enough to hold just a
> tube, a small tool, and a credit card.

I see you've not fallen prey to the tendency to carry everything plus the kitchen sink.
Congratulations! For my B.17s and Pros, I usually just make a sort of buritto out of a square of
cloth with all the stuff in it, and toe strap it to the rails. An sock works great too.

RE/
>Is there anything small that attaches to the loops at the back of the saddle?

I bent the loops over double on both my B-17's so they wouldn't catch on my shorts when I slide off
the back and back on again. Ripped out a perfectly good set of bib shorts before that.

The wedges I like were bought at Performance and have a "JANND" label on them. They're not "small",
but they do have an accordian zipper on them. What I like is that they go on and off conveniently.
Once you undo the fastex buckle, the webbing over the rails still holds a little because there's
velcro on it and the side of the pack...so it doesn't just flop down.

My guess is that the diff empty between these things and the smallest wedge packs is nil....and
there's always more stuff than I expected that I want to put in there...so I like the extra
volume....Never thought about the need for a bag to cover the saddle in heavy rain...but there was
plenty room for it...
-----------------------
PeteCresswell

Michael <[email protected]> brightened my day with his incisive wit when in
news:060620031346309363% [email protected] he conjectured that:

> I'm looking for a little wedge type bag, a 'micro' wedge, I suppose, to fit under my Brooks B17.
> The nice little bags I've found that have mounting clips, etc. don't seem to fit the rails of the
> B17 (tried a Cannondale pouch and a Topeak wedge). I want something small enough to hold just a
> tube, a small tool, and a credit card.
>
> Is there anything small that attaches to the loops at the back of the saddle?
>
> TIA Michael

Amazing: I was about to post the same question. I bought a Topeak medium wedge and ... it doesn't
fit the Brooks professional at all. You'd think they would have a disclaimer on the product tag???
And since I lost the receipt, it's now gathering dust.

--
Walter Mitty.

I guess you don't want to mount a Carradice Camper Longflap. . . It will hold your supplies plus
several of your closest friends too.