Best Wetsuit for Pacific Northwest

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Brian, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    What would be the best wetsuit for the cold ocean waters of Olympic National Park? I'm a 5'7, 130
    lb. male who finds pool water too chilly for comfort so I need something very warm. Any good
    websites (or magazines) out there to answer my questions about wetsuit basics?

    regards, kris

    Tags:

  2. Brian <[email protected]> wrote:
    >What would be the best wetsuit for the cold ocean waters of Olympic National Park? I'm a 5'7, 130
    >lb. male who finds pool water too chilly for comfort so I need something very warm. Any good
    >websites (or magazines) out there to answer my questions about wetsuit basics?

    For triathlon, there is a 5mm max thickness. You will likely want to stick to suits as thick as
    possible, as well as tightest fitting (most tri suits are). Zipperless will likely be warmer too.

    Then you'll want a hood, and depending on how cold, some sort of booties and gloves as well. At 50,
    I can go without the gloves, but it's hard to walk on my feet right out of the water.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

  3. HELLO,

    Emilio De Soto here. I make a wetsuit called the T1. Give me a call and I will tell you why it is so
    good for your part of the country.

    Most important, We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You buy the suit, you test it out for 14
    days from the day you receive it, and if you are not happy with it, we will give you a complete
    refund...no questions asked. This offer is valid for the T1 and the T1 Tres Models. This offer is
    not valid on the T1 DOS Wetsuit that is now on sale, but we will guarantee the proper fit, or we
    will exchange it for the correct size.

    Emilio De Soto II 858 453 6672 www.desotosport.com "Quality Triathlon Gear Since 1990"
    www.t1wetsuits.com "Triathlon's most innovative wetsuit" Email me for a De Soto Sport free catalog

  4. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Has anyone suggested a need for ear plugs to prevent cold water "growths"?