Best Wetsuit for Pacific Northwest

B

Brian

What would be the best wetsuit for the cold ocean waters of Olympic National Park? I'm a 5'7, 130
lb. male who finds pool water too chilly for comfort so I need something very warm. Any good
websites (or magazines) out there to answer my questions about wetsuit basics?

regards, kris

Brian <[email protected]> wrote:
>What would be the best wetsuit for the cold ocean waters of Olympic National Park? I'm a 5'7, 130
>lb. male who finds pool water too chilly for comfort so I need something very warm. Any good
>websites (or magazines) out there to answer my questions about wetsuit basics?

For triathlon, there is a 5mm max thickness. You will likely want to stick to suits as thick as
possible, as well as tightest fitting (most tri suits are). Zipperless will likely be warmer too.

Then you'll want a hood, and depending on how cold, some sort of booties and gloves as well. At 50,
I can go without the gloves, but it's hard to walk on my feet right out of the water.

--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

HELLO,

Emilio De Soto here. I make a wetsuit called the T1. Give me a call and I will tell you why it is so
good for your part of the country.

Most important, We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You buy the suit, you test it out for 14
days from the day you receive it, and if you are not happy with it, we will give you a complete
refund...no questions asked. This offer is valid for the T1 and the T1 Tres Models. This offer is
not valid on the T1 DOS Wetsuit that is now on sale, but we will guarantee the proper fit, or we
will exchange it for the correct size.

Emilio De Soto II 858 453 6672 www.desotosport.com "Quality Triathlon Gear Since 1990"
www.t1wetsuits.com "Triathlon's most innovative wetsuit" Email me for a De Soto Sport free catalog

Has anyone suggested a need for ear plugs to prevent cold water "growths"?

[email protected] (Jason O'Rourke) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Brian <[email protected]> wrote:
> >What would be the best wetsuit for the cold ocean waters of Olympic National Park? I'm a 5'7, 130
> >lb. male who finds pool water too chilly for comfort so I need something very warm. Any good
> >websites (or magazines) out there to answer my questions about wetsuit basics?
>
> For triathlon, there is a 5mm max thickness. You will likely want to stick to suits as thick as
> possible, as well as tightest fitting (most tri suits are). Zipperless will likely be warmer too.
>
> Then you'll want a hood, and depending on how cold, some sort of booties and gloves as well. At
> 50, I can go without the gloves, but it's hard to walk on my feet right out of the water.